Photobucket hosting ban!

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
petecossie

M coupe S50

Photobucket hosting ban!

Post by petecossie »

I imagine I'm not the only one to suffer with this. They have send out an e-mail (I got mine yesterday) to say that terms and conditions have changed and that free 3rd party hosting not allowed unless you change to I believe a monthly subscription. Seems a bit like blackmail to me.

I've deleted a large number of pictures from my bucket to see if that makes any difference to whether I still have the "temporary ban".

I've used Photobucket for years and it has been getting more & more difficult to use with the constant pop up ads. Maybe a good chance to move somewhere else.

So folks which is the best FREE image hosting site?

Looks like a lot of photos on this forum might unfortunately eventually disappear as people say sod it, they are not getting money from me.
They certainly won't get any from myself.
Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black Interior.

Previous BMWs
2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black Interior.
2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black/Black Interior
1986 M635
1985 E28 M5
1983 E28 528i Alpina
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Photobucket hosting ban!

Post by BladeRunner919 »

I'm kind of glad about this because photobucket is such a dreadful site - if I try and look at anything on it I find it slows my PC to a crawl. Hopefully this should push people onto other hosting sites that are better/quicker/etc...
motco

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by motco »

I've downloaded all my pictures from PB and am trying Imgur instead.

AdyDurn

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by AdyDurn »

As a regular redditor I prefer imgur. It's always done me well.