OFF TOPIC very sad indeed

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
kelart

Z3 roadster 1.9

OFF TOPIC very sad indeed

Post by kelart »

i'm very sorry if you feel that this post shouldn't be here, but...

my dog, a very kind and shy dobermann - a gentle giant, was today severly bitten by someone's two staffs let loose in the park. one went for my dog's face and the second grab his leg. it took almost ten minutes to separate the dogs and the they're coming back for more. i also got bitten in the hand. even "gangsta" owner had lost small chunk of his hand!

PLEASE other dog owners - keep your dogs on the lead! be responsible. even if they're obedient and nice, because you never know. staffs' owner - a very careless youg man - couldn't explain how and why it happened, that his dogs went for the kill. there was another terriers' owner, who had his dogs on the leads and couldn't believe, that someone can let them loose. even if they're gentle they're only dogs and these are often territorial. and it's not dogs fault - they've got their instincts and -in that case - also murderous training privided by a hooded owner.

excuse me this post, but i'm really shaken and sad. my dog's is 0in the pets hospital right now in a serious state..

thank you
:| :cry:

kris
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

I do know how you will be feeling, Pets are more than Family they give love " no conditions no questions" the hurt will pass.
Regarding the other owner, SUE THE BASTARD. :cry: :cry:
Dav

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dav »

Sorry to hear about that. I hope you reported the incident to the Police as the owner is responsible under the Dangerous Dogs Act.
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1991/Uk ... .htm#mdiv3
Dave L
Paul.Stuhlfelder

M roadster S50

Post by Paul.Stuhlfelder »

Staffs *shakes head* we were at a pub recently, me with my two Norwegian Elk Hounds, a mate with his Lab and another mate with her Boxer puppy when some typical 110% chav comes up with a Staff -

"ooooooh the boxer's lovely, oh he'll be big like this one." while the whole time the staff was running on the spot drooling at the mouth with the look of sheer death in its eyes. The daft bint then went on to compare the staff against our dogs saying,
"oh he'd probably hammer them yeah??"

Honestly :head:

We had a doberman before, he was a massive dog, the vet couldn't believe how big he was, a big dopey gentle giant!
MarkB2

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by MarkB2 »

I wish your dog a speedy recovery! You should check to see if there is a leash law in your area. If so, you should press charges and make him pay the vet bill.
What if the dogs had attacked a small child and killed it?
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

Very sad.

If I had a dog, it would be a dobee.....
He looks lovely.

Wish him a very speedy recovery from me.

A.
kelart

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by kelart »

thank you for your support. doggie is waiting for his surgery right now.
i'm not sure what to do with the staffs' owner, as he's just a silly teenager. i don't wan't to waste his life, but he must help me to meet the bill and take better care of the dogs. we'll see... i reported the incident to the police, so the case is still open. if i ever see the boy with his dogs running loose i'm going to inform authorities anyway.
kris
Desperado

Not specified

Post by Desperado »

Good luck for your dog. I've got two dogs myself here and I'd hate it if anything happened to either of them. Please let us know how he gets on, my fingers are cross for both of you.
Fixer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fixer »

Very sorry to here that Kelart, arm yourself with a baseball bat up your sleeve when your dog gets better and your out on a walk, if it happens again let em have it, or him.

I’m still getting over the loss of my 13 year old collie cross, two weeks ago after a late night walk she came upstairs pumping blood from her nose and mouth, the vet came out and I had to have her putt to sleep, the vet later diagnosed rat poison, after looking in the bushes were she likes to spend some time I could see that someone had bumped all there garden rubbish and among it was the rat poison. :cry:
topfuelking

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by topfuelking »

Very sorry to here that Kelart :cry:
THANKS MARC
looking for a carp fishing hoilday we can help http://www.carpfishingmayenne.com

ImageSYMPTOMS OF A BOOST JUNKY

1. You get excited when it's cold outside.
2. You fill up every three days.
3. The size of your grin is directly proportional to the amount of boost you’re on.
dasherdiablo1

M coupe S50

Post by dasherdiablo1 »

Those dogs should be destroyed. Next time it could be a child.
If two dogs did that to my dog I would personally kick the **EDIT** out of the irresponsible owner. I would then be very sure to see to it personally that those dogs went 'missing' and would never be seen again!
Rant over,
Very sorry to hear about your dog, hope he gets sorted out quickly.

Moderator Note - Read the language rules please!

Also there are other, perhaps more appropriate forums, for you to vent rants such as this :wink:
BostonGreenZ3

M roadster S50

Post by BostonGreenZ3 »

Hi Kris

Really sorry to hear your sad news & I hope doggie makes a speedy recovery.

I know how you feel, my Jack Russell, Charlie has been attacked in the park before by two large dogs and the irresponsible owner didnt seem to care :shock:

Very sorry to hear about your doggie Fixer - how can someone dump rat poison amongst there garden rubbish, it makes me soooo mad :head:
kelart

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by kelart »

to close the topic - doggie is back! lots of stiches on both legs, with the hole on his nose, bruised and swollen. still, he needs few more visits to the vet..

if anybody with strong stomach wants to see (it's bit drastic):
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/ke ... CF3276.jpg

thank you everybody.

fixer => i'm sorry for you, mate
kris
IOMRoadster

M roadster S50

Post by IOMRoadster »

Even if the dogs are friendly I hate it when a dog runs up to yours off the lead and you usually end up standing there as the dogs square off until the owner catches up. Then they usually say 'it's okay he/she is friendly'.

Who cares I'm out for a walk not a stand-still and didn't want to meet your dog you idiot!

Oh and I have kids too so pick up your poo - owners with their dogs off the lead are far less likely to do so I think.

Rant...
Buzz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by Buzz »

Hi mate, REALLY sorry to hear about your pooch. I know first hand what you are going through. My boxer pup was attacked by a Rhodesian Ridgeback (spelling??) some years ago and subsequently had to be put down.

It's extremely sad and makes me too angry for words that some owners are not aware of what thier dogs are capable of.

Hope you and pooch are on the way to full recovery mate...

Buzz.
Fixer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fixer »

Very sorry to hear about your doggie Fixer - how can someone dump rat poison amongst there garden rubbish, it makes me soooo mad :head:[/quote]

Thanks Shirley

I have found out who dumped the rubbish, It was an elderly Neighbour who cleaned out her greenhouse and dumped it on the waste land she owns,

I'm so mad but I think if I told her she was responsible she would be devastated, I can't turn the clock back so I'm not going to take it any further.
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Really sorry to here all these sad tales, the dog really is part of the family.
I know our it certainly part of ours.
I doubt the lady even realised what rat pioson could do to a dog even if she knew it was there.either way very sad. :cry:

Here a picture of our little fella... he's been ragged a few times by Staffi's so we keep him on a long lead if near other satffi's he seems to have a good memory...

garyw

By the way he's 6 years old :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Drew Z

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Drew Z »

Kelart...

Hope yer wee dogs OK!! And watering the Plants soon!!! :wink:

I could say the Staffs need a GOOD Kick in the ****'s ??

But its the owner who? should get it!!! Not the Dogs.

Its the owner's... and NOT the dogs, IN THIS CASE ?? that need to go get TRAINING on how to keep them. These type of people should not have dogs, or any pets...........!!

Grrrrrrr.........Grrrrrrrr...... :evil: :evil: :wink:
exdos

M coupe S54

Post by exdos »

kelart wrote: i'm not sure what to do with the staffs' owner, as he's just a silly teenager. i don't wan't to waste his life, but he must help me to meet the bill and take better care of the dogs.
Teenagers with that mentality grow up into adults with the same mentality. He needs to learn responsibility NOW :!:

Give him his lesson.
Ludo

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by Ludo »

exdos wrote: Teenagers with that mentality grow up into adults with the same mentality. He needs to learn responsibility NOW :!:
I agree!
kelart

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by kelart »

i spoke today to the pet shop owner and she told me, that it's not the first
time in when staffs in my area troubled other dogs. there's a rumour, that chavs from nearby estate organising regular dog fights (and make money at the same time) :evil: that's why every single of the has two dogs - to breed new competitors for other estate kids. sad, isn't it?

excuse me again posting this topic on a motoring forum, but so many of us have dogs...
kris
jayenevin

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jayenevin »

Glad your dog is on the mend.

I have two staffy crosses (both rescue dogs) and even though they are my best furry friends I always have the utmost of respect for them when I go out. They have shoulder harnesses (very necessary as one is nearly 5 stone) and both wear muzzles. This is very necessary because of dogs breeding as they have a tendency to go for other dogs. Maybe this is a throwback to before I had them.

I went to Ireland for 6 months to live (couldn't hack it, became too Anglo and came back) and it is compulsory for "fighting breeds" to wear muzzles and you have to have a special license. I thought that this was a good idea as it helped to protect the dog and owner and everyone else. It also puts the "chav" type owner off because of the work involved. Its not the dogs fault, its the owners.

Not all staffie owners are the same but those who do own them should recognise the threat they could be not necessarily to humans but to other dogs. They have been bred over generations as a fighter. Its hard to change this..

That said I wouldn't change either of them. But I will say that the owner of these dogs is legally obliged to pay any damages to your dog. I would most definitely pursue this on a ground of principle if nothing else. I agree there is no excuse for any dog to be off the lead in this day and age and owners should most definitely clean up after them for hygienic reasons.

Anyway I'm off my soapbox, I hope your dog recovers fully but thought that as a responsible owner I should also say that not all staffie parents are the same..
kelart

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by kelart »

"fighting breeds" to wear muzzles and you have to have a special license
i remember we had this back home in poland. you need licence to own and breed potentialy dangerous breeds. some breeds are treated like any other kind of weapon (gun, tazer, cs gas) and before you get the licence you must undergo psychological test.

good news! my dobe is lying next to me chewing on a bone. it's still swollen and bruised, but it's wagging his tail already. if he doesn't catch any infection he'll be completely healed in ten days (probably not mentally, though, as it's very shy now). i need him back on duty, as my zed's car alarm doesn't work :wink:
kris
BostonGreenZ3

M roadster S50

Post by BostonGreenZ3 »

kelart wrote:
good news! my dobe is lying next to me chewing on a bone. it's still swollen and bruised, but it's wagging his tail already
Excellent news Kris - wagging his tail is a good sign. Give him a big cuddle from me & Charlie Image