Adrian Flux Insurance, any good? Or stick with First Alterna

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Adrian Flux Insurance, any good? Or stick with First Alterna

Post by tags »

Hi guys,

I am about to renew my insurance with First Alternative. Thier renewal is cheaper than last year but still £904. I decided to ring round and found Adrian Flux from the BMW Car Club magazine. They eventually offered me a quote of £668 with comparable benefits to the First Alternative policy (i.e. courtesy car, legal, breakdown, protected no claims etc.).

I have googled for reviews on Adrian Flux and found that people are generally unhappy about the length of time they hold on customer services, usually 1/2 hour. Other than that they are generally good for modified / performance cars. Has a nybody on here used them? Would you recommed them? Any body had experience with them in the event of a claim?

I can't ignore a £240 saving, but at the same time i don't want to sign with Flux if they are not to be touched.

Any views appreciated, i need to decide today.

Tags
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

The Z's insured with Flux and I used them when I had another modified car some years ago.

They've been around for years and are pretty good. Never had to claim so far though, so can't advise.

I'd suggest a quick post on Pistonheads might get more of a response Tony.

Not had problems with how long you are on hold though. No complaints from me at this time.

Hope this helps.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority

Post by Guest »

You only find out how good or bad an Insurance company is when you have to make a claim :(

The ///M is now with Adiran Flux via the club and is was cheaper than others I looked at. They did ask a lot more questions than others and you have to fill in more forms about alarms, trackers, etc..

Hope I never have to test how good they are.
Marvellous

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Marvellous »

Have you tried http://www.confused.com? I give it a go the other night & was very happy with the results ...... admittedly my Car isn't a ///M it's a 2.2 sport but got a quote with Morethan for £375 :D

Mick
Z3 2.2 Sport - Honda XR400R.
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Adrian Flux, is quite well respected on the Porsche circuit, a few issues (like any insurance company) and seem very competitive.

garyw
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

Thanks for the input chaps. They are looking more favourable now. I have tried confused and it is a good search tool, but best price from them was around £1k.

Stu, did the Supercharger make much difference to your price?

tags
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

They asked me how much the power increase by, so I told them and they based the premium on a standard car plus the premium increased by the % power increase. I thought that was fair.
LP

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by LP »

I use Adrian Flux, and they are a major pain in the a*se when you are trying to get through to them - but then hopefully that is only going to be very infrequently. they quoted me £350 for my '99 2.8 (at 33)and only £100 extra for my 25 year old girlfriend. Other quotes I got through were in the region of £700-900 go figure !
LP
LP

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by LP »

you basically have to be carefull how you word the mod, they didnt charge me for my strut as I explained that it made the car more stable and thus safer, less prone to tramlining , wasnt visible from the outside and had no effect on powertrain etc
LP

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by LP »

you basically have to be carefull how you word the mod, they didnt charge me for my strut as I explained that it made the car more stable and thus safer, less prone to tramlining , wasnt visible from the outside and had no effect on powertrain etc
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

Stu...that sounds interesting. I wonder how they calculate a non-bhp increasing mod like a strut. I presume i would still have to tell them if i fit that.

tags
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Tags, I declared ALL of my other mods, wheels, brakes, suspension, strut brace etc.. and there was no additional loading.
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

Excellent info from you all, i think i'll give em a go.

Thank you all.

tags
mseeker

M roadster S50

Post by mseeker »

Just got a quote from Adrian Flux (How many questions?) and the price was £737 for me, 28, Full NCB on an M Roadster in London.

Admiral were the best for including my g/f, £785 & she had a crash 2 years ago.
Big Mr P
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by Big Mr P »

Tags

I'm with Adrian Flux and have been for many years. This year on my renewal I went in to see them to discuss all my modifications, they where very helpfull. Only those mods which effect perfomance are loaded. But you need to declare any modifications to ensure they are covered.

Best price around for Modded Performance Cars

That should get me 10% of next years premium. :lol:
Graham,
Something for the weekend!!!