Northern BMW Festival - Tatton Park, Cheshire - 2nd Sep 2007

Photos and reports from past events
Z4Si

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by Z4Si »

Is it just members of the BMW car club then that can go into the show and park with the other Zeds???
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

Is it just members of the BMW car club then that can go into the show and park with the other Zeds???
What he said??
MikeR
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by MikeR »

Hi Guys
No you don't have to be a BMWCC member to attend this event. The way the club see it is that opening the doors to ALL BMW owners might encourage people to join. Hope this helps.
Any more out there???
MikeR
Z4Si

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by Z4Si »

Hi Guys
No you don't have to be a BMWCC member to attend this event. The way the club see it is that opening the doors to ALL BMW owners might encourage people to join. Hope this helps.
Any more out there???
MikeR
Excellent news!!!
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

I'll probably come across as well, only 5 minutes from me, but i am staying over in Stoke (not far from you Adamski) on the Saturday night. Not sure how clean my car will be by the time i get to Tatton. Will be a nice little warm-up run from stoke over the Mow Cop.

See you guys Sunday.

Tags
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Blimey, I go away for the day, and everybody posts! :lol:

Excellant adamski and tags - be great to meet you both. :D

Jonathan - don't worry if you can't do the extra bits - we'll join you at the show. You just need to take your car right the way through, past the car parking, and park up in the area MikeR (:wink:) has marked out. There will likely already be a zed or two there before you.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

hiya people,

not sure if my friend in his M3 is comming along yet, but will keep you posted.

ill post again on here come saturday night.

Tags - will you be travelling down the A500 from stoke? if so do you fancy meeting up along the way? ill be joining the M6 at nantwich.

Leigh
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

Adamski....Nope, i dont travel on the A500. They live near Mow Cop, so i go over that, a few twisties and come out at Congleton. Then its lots more twisties until i get to Hale/Altrincham, its a great little run. If you fancy tagging along for that then you are more than welcome. You would have to get yourself over to the Kidsgrove side of Stoke for about 9:20.

Tags
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Bump!

Do we have any more zedders out there who'd like to take part in this?

Cheers R.
maxman

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by maxman »

If every thing goes to plan I will see you there on Sunday.
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

could i just ask whether anyone comming on sunday has a AirBag reset tool?

ive still got my airbag light on :-(

Leigh
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

I will come along tomorrow. See you all at 1015.

Leigh - I will bring my reset tool for you.
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

thanks deano, that would be great if i could finally get what seems like a 100 watt bulb out of my instrument panel! hehe

is anyone travelling up the M6 tommorow? i will be joining at junction 16. i was just wondering if we could get a convoy going before we reach the garden centre? (as i will almost certainly get lost on route :-( )

Leigh
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Excellant maxman and Deano - see you both there! :D

Leigh - even I couldn't get lost between the M6 and the garden centre! :lol:
Off at Knutsford/A556 head towards Manchester - at the first big set of lights turn left onto the A50 - turn left into the road immediately after the garden centre which is on you left about 2 miles (if that) along the A50.

Just been for a little check up on the possibilities for something to eat afterwards. The Swan With Two Nicks serves food 12-8.15 pm and if that was full there is a place called Home very close by which looks good and serves 12-9pm. Both would like me to phone with a rough head count before we turn up, but at the time we are likely to be going it should be no problem. Both have nice big car parks! :D

Cheers R.
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

it certainly sounds easy enough robert, but i can assure you i have done more stupid things than that....

i went the wrong direction on the M6 a few month back to get some Shell Vpower, thinking that i had to go North for Stafford Services... it wasnt untill i reached Junction 19 that i had realised i wasnt heading the right way!

so i ended up getting my petrol from the Mere Shell garage just off the roundabout.

please dont laugh! :roll:

Leigh
badboyblue

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by badboyblue »

Straight_Six wrote:it certainly sounds easy enough robert, but i can assure you i have done more stupid things than that....

i went the wrong direction on the M6 a few month back to get some Shell Vpower, thinking that i had to go North for Stafford Services... it wasnt untill i reached Junction 19 that i had realised i wasnt heading the right way!

so i ended up getting my petrol from the Mere Shell garage just off the roundabout.

please dont laugh! :roll:

Leigh
Mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow - if you get there!!!!

BBB
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

in my deffence it was a nice evening, i had the top down so i forgot all about the extra 30 mile i had to drive to get the petrol!

hehehe
MikeR
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by MikeR »

Hi Folks
We've just finished marking out the parking areas. The Zed's have a separate parking area on the front and opposite the Porsche Owners (same as last year) - we have left space for about 15 cars. If you have an M powered Zed you'll have a choice!! as there is a parking area for all M powered cars. £4.20 at the main entrance and £2 on the BMW/Porsche gate.
Here's hoping we get some good weather - the forcast is a bit iffy!
MikeR
Z4Si

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by Z4Si »

MikeR wrote:Hi Folks
We've just finished marking out the parking areas. The Zed's have a separate parking area on the front and opposite the Porsche Owners (same as last year) - we have left space for about 15 cars. If you have an M powered Zed you'll have a choice!! as there is a parking area for all M powered cars. £4.20 at the main entrance and £2 on the BMW/Porsche gate.
Here's hoping we get some good weather - the forcast is a bit iffy!
MikeR
Sounds good im looking forward to it, i did have a gleaming car this morning however a trip out in it today has made it rather dirty!!
Ah well...
srvz3

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by srvz3 »

Hi folks.
Just found this thread, pretty new to all of this, only got my Z register sticker today. We will join in if thats ok, the butties sound good. We will be coming up from Rugeley, Staffs so hope to see you all there at the garden centre about 10.30 sounds like it should be a good day, hope the weather holds out.

cheers
SRV Z3 (2.8 98 Artic Silver)
stevexesther

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Tatton / High Legh

Post by stevexesther »

Hi All

Really looking forward to tomorrow although this will be our first ever meet :oops: The Z is looking its best after long day of washing, polishing, hoovering and just about everything else :| Looks like weather could ruin my efforts but after buying my first convertible at the start of the wettest summer on record I have given up worrying :lol:

c u all tomorrow

Steve
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

so is there anybody travelling on the M6 tommorow that wants to meet up before we get to the garden centre? im joining at junction 16.

Leigh
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Excellent news srvz3, look forward to seeing you. Z Reg membership is not needed for this event, but very welcome all the same.

Looks like we have a good crowd for the bacon butties - thought they might wet a few appetites! :D

I've washed and waxed mine ready for tomorrow, though I haven't had time to do all the bits I'd have liked. Ah well, at least she will be mostly clean for 5 minutes! :lol:

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Be nice to meet a lot of new faces and catch up with one or two I've met before.

Cheers R.
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Hi All,

Have a fantastic day tomorrow!

Wish I could come but have a longstanding family commitment :bawl:

Cheers P :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
badboyblue

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by badboyblue »

Must be the first back home??

Despite the untypical Mancunian weather, a good day.

Nice to meet so many luverly Zedders - and Leigh!!!! (hope you get home this week, as the M6 looked minging heading south)

Look forward to some pics being posted.

Thanks to all concerned.

BBB
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

hehehe!

i got home fine, well apart from not carrying on the road round to the left to get out of the park and started heading for some sort of 'trail'.

i followed tags on the M6 (well until i had to stop for petrol), as you say it was minging! not quite sure why it was congested like that :roll:

was very nice to meet many ppl off the board, and im still positive the silver Z3M we saw is a board member.

Leigh
Z4Si

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by Z4Si »

It was a good event, plenty turned out and i actually managed to take some photos!!

Am interested in going on a drive now?!!

Any one think that my Z4 was good enough to win the event?? :wink:
Attachments
006.jpg
(245.78 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
008.jpg
008.jpg (128.21 KiB) Viewed 3755 times
007.jpg
(205.82 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
011.jpg
(236.77 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

good photos si,

funny enough you should mention the show and shine event because, not long after you left the judges came round to the line we were on to look for a car but it had gone, they might have been after yours or the Laguna Seca Z3M Coupe.

looking at the pics it shows that we did have a rly good turnout.

Leigh
JONATHAN82

M roadster S50

Post by JONATHAN82 »

Guys sorry I missed out. I was feeling very under the weather this morning and with the rain, was really not up for it.
Z4Si

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by Z4Si »

Straight_Six wrote:good photos si,

funny enough you should mention the show and shine event because, not long after you left the judges came round to the line we were on to look for a car but it had gone, they might have been after yours or the Laguna Seca Z3M Coupe.

looking at the pics it shows that we did have a rly good turnout.

Leigh
DAMN!!!!!!

I wonder who won it??

I dont expect for a minute it was me as mine really wasnt clean but i would be really interested to know who's did.

Was the first time ive seen so many Zeds all together!!
stevexesther

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Tatton

Post by stevexesther »

Hi All

Myself & Esther enjoyed our first meet it was good to meet everyone really enjoyed it even the ribbing about the Z4 :lol:
Noy sure all my ceaning did any good on Saturday though :lol:
we will post some pics when we have sorted them!!!

Steve & Esther
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

I thought we were a M roadster down jonathan!

oh well, hopefully there will be another meet soon.

i think i heard that a women with a 3 series won the show and shine, but this could have been a second place winner, as the winner may have gone home! hehe

for the first time ever, the Z3 felt common :lol:

i for one really, really liked your Z4 steve & esther, like i said i was looking forward to seing the car in the flesh, and i certainly wasnt disapointed! :D

just looking on the net now for some of the Autoglym fragrance that you were talking about.

Leigh
stevexesther

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by stevexesther »

Hi Leigh

Glad you liked the Z the product you are talking about is called "Autoglym Autofresh" hope you find some

Steve & Esther
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Hi All,

Glad you all seemed to have enjoyed yourselves. The way I was feeling this morning, I was lucky to make it myself! :shock:

We had 10 zeds for bacon butties this morning - and had a great convoy down to the show - I hope someone got a photo on the drive at Tatton - the Laguna Seca ///MC seemed to like the idea and decided to tag on the back! :lol:

I think the official tally was 17 zeds at the show, and I think 13 of those were zroadsterites!

A few of us did eventually wend our wet and weary way to The Swan With Two Nicks and had a very nice meal with some very pleasant company.

Thanks to MikeR for organizing the BMWCC end of things. Sorry we were a bit late arriving - it took a while to make 18 bacon butties - or was it 16 bacon butties and 2 sausie sarnies! :lol: We did arrive in style though! :D

Thanks to all those who attended - you made me feel much better. :D

I will post some piccies up later.

Cheers R.
badboyblue

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by badboyblue »

Robert T wrote:........................... We did arrive in style though! :D

In a Zed you arrive everywhere in Style :) :D :) - though being at the back of the convoy, it was amusing to see the attention we got - or maybe that was just me???

Thanks for sorting the butties Rob - you did such a good job, we all thought you should make it a monthly thing - not neccessarily bacon butties but a pub meet would be fun.
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

Hi,

It was a good turn out for the Z's, no Z1's or Z8's though. Thanks for organising the bacon Rob. Thanks to Mike for sorting out the Z area.

Nice to see some new Z faces. Hope Leigh got home ok :D

A few snaps below.

Tags
Attachments
IMG_1054.JPG
IMG_1054.JPG (60.93 KiB) Viewed 3656 times
IMG_1066.JPG
IMG_1066.JPG (41.55 KiB) Viewed 3656 times
IMG_1063.JPG
IMG_1063.JPG (70.16 KiB) Viewed 3656 times
IMG_1059.JPG
IMG_1059.JPG (70.17 KiB) Viewed 3656 times
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

ive got a few photos, alot of them are a bit naff and only show the backend of peoples cars, and it shows fully ppls number plates (and i need everyones permision before i upload), might not be worth uploading as they arnt that good.

i did however get a few good shots of stevexesther z4

Leigh

Tags - of course i got home ok, i text you again when i got home! lol

Attachments
rsz_1rsz_DSC01147.jpg
(237.62 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Last edited by Straight_Six on Sun 02 Sep, 2007 20:02, edited 6 times in total.
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

Its been a fun day despite some rain this afternoon. Thanks to Rob for the arrangements, particularly the nice meal to finish it off. Really glad I went.

It was great to meet some new faces. Marc (Topfuelking) and Russel (who is looking for a black 3.0 z3) are TOP blokes :D

There was lots of interesting conversation, and some v nice cars about. One recently banned z3Coupe driver had a video on his phone showing how fast it would go!

Pity I didnt get to speak to the other silver z3M with the red roof. Nice car whoever you are.

Last edited by Deano1712 on Sun 02 Sep, 2007 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
badboyblue

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by badboyblue »

tags wrote:Hi,

It was a good turn out for the Z's, no Z1's or Z8's though. Thanks for organising the bacon Rob. Thanks to Mike for sorting out the Z area.

Nice to see some new Z faces. Hope Leigh got home ok :D

A few snaps below.

Tags
I need me one of them r/c cars!!!!!!!!!!!, oh, and one of them supercharger thingies, and a Merlot Z4 - nah!! I'll stick with the 3 :twisted:
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Here's a few piccies that I've quickly edited just now - more to follow! :D

Ready for breakfast

The only one of Marc's Z3 with its bonnet closed :lol:

The motley crew! :wink:

Line of zeds at Tatton

Laguna Seca ///M Coupe - didn't look this colour to me! :lol:

Cheers R.
Z4Si

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by Z4Si »

Straight_Six wrote:ive got a few photos, alot of them are a bit naff and only show the backend of peoples cars, and it shows fully ppls number plates (and i need everyones permision before i upload), might not be worth uploading as they arnt that good.

i did however get a few good shots of stevexesther z4

Leigh

Tags - of course i got home ok, i text you again when i got home! lol

feel free if u have any of mine (blue z4)
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I managed to stitch together something resembling a panorama of the line of zeds at the show:

I count 17 zeds in the pic, plus there was a black Alpina Roadster S that moved before I took the pics and I think Martlett's silver ///MC which was in the ///M-Power display area - so that makes 19 zeds! :D

I think I managed a close up shot of everybody's cars, so I will post them up a bit later.

Cheers R.
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

thats a really good photo robert! well done :-)

by the way did anybody see the estoril blue M roadster exit just after Tags and just before me??

i thought it was Tags at first until i saw him take another exit further on. not quite sure where this Mroadster was hiding :?

Leigh
topfuelking

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by topfuelking »

Hi all that was a good day out..my seats are just about dry now :lol: we just need a good turnout of z's at the bmw show now :wink:
For full details visit: www.bmwshow.co.uk
THANKS MARC
looking for a carp fishing hoilday we can help http://www.carpfishingmayenne.com

ImageSYMPTOMS OF A BOOST JUNKY

1. You get excited when it's cold outside.
2. You fill up every three days.
3. The size of your grin is directly proportional to the amount of boost you’re on.
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

i mentioned it to a few people when i went back to my car to get the umbrella, about your window being slightly down, no-one knew where you had gone though.

Leigh

topfuelking

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by topfuelking »

no bud i was a bit slow to put the hood up :roll: i left the windows down a bit because it was a little steamed up :lol:
THANKS MARC
looking for a carp fishing hoilday we can help http://www.carpfishingmayenne.com

ImageSYMPTOMS OF A BOOST JUNKY

1. You get excited when it's cold outside.
2. You fill up every three days.
3. The size of your grin is directly proportional to the amount of boost you’re on.
badboyblue

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by badboyblue »

A couple of amatuer photographers took an interest in my car today, I asked them to send a couple through to me:-

They could be taken anywhere though!!
M3BMC

M roadster S50

Missing

Post by M3BMC »

Hi all,
I was uncertain as to whether I would be at Tatton yesterday. I gave the car a clean beforehand and had a plan to turn up after a sunday morning shopping trip. I was on the A50 went past the Garden Centre around 10.15 and saw P14 YAT on its way there. Didn't have time to wave as it came round a corner and I was too preoccupied making sure it was the same car as mine. (estoril blue M roadster)

Shopping trip done, I was heading back through Knutsford on A50 early afternoon but the drizzle was too much for me and I couldn't put my girlfriend through that experience. What might happen to her hair!

Hopefully make a meet at some point but it would have to be a sunny roof down day

Glad to hear you all enjoyed it despite the murky day.
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

nice pics badboyblue! you can see how good the wax is over the badge :)

M3BMC - that was Tags car you saw, did you not go into the park at all? because i saw an Estoril Blue M Roadster coincidently leaving as we were.

as for the 'sunny roof down day' in manchester...... this will have to be when there isnt a 'Y' in the month! hehehe

Leigh
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

Leigh,

I had a chat to him whilst i was waiting for you to catch me up / took a detour / got lost trying to get out of tatton park (**delete as appropriate). His Estoril ///M is 2 years younger than mine. My car had 27190 miles on the clock and his had 27194........hmmmmm.......weird :D

Tags