Sun 7th September Northern BMW Festival

Photos and reports from past events
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Hope it's a great day & please post lots of pics.

Wont be there as Bayliss' last UK outing on a World Superbike at Donnington is the same day, so can't miss that really.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Well, I can confirm now, 2 for bacon butties but no EEM's
see you all at 10am, gotta go and polish my bonnet again now! so to speak..... :shock:
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

The weather here in Manchester is awful, it has been raining hard for the last two days, if it carries on like this will the event be cancelled?

I assume we keep checking the website.
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Hi Bally,

I'll be there. It will be good to meet you. I promise to shut Rob up long enough for you to get a word in edgeways this time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It persisted it down when we showed our cars at the 'Cars in Park' at Lichfield event but we still had a really good time. :wink:

I think Rob is on business in Cyprus at the moment and won't be back until Saturday.

Cheers P
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

Good stuff, looking forward to it :D
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

whiteminks wrote:I think Rob is on business in Cyprus at the moment and won't be back until Saturday.
So I am. 40 degrees and lots of sunshine. Thankfully I am working in an air-conditioned office. I do have some internet access, so I am keeping an eye on things and will post up if there are any changes of plan.

It should be a good event with that many cars. We might even have to get disciplined about the parking to get us all in. :shock:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Robert T wrote
We might even have to get disciplined about the parking to get us all in.
Anyone for synchronised parking? We could practice at the garden centre.
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

Hi all, if you are planning to use the M6 Sun morning please note the following:

Roadworks
The M6 will be closed in both directions between junctions 19 and 20 for bridge works.

Starts: SATURDAY, 06 SEPTEMBER 2008 at 22:00
Ends: SUNDAY, 07 SEPTEMBER 2008 at 09:00

http://www.trafficengland.com/TCC/Headl ... adlines.do
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Good spot, Bally.

J19 is the Knutsford exit, so those coming from the South should use that.

J20 is the M56, so those coming from the North would be best to take the Lymm exit (the one immediately before the M56) and follow the A50 towards Knutsford (second exit from the roundabout) - this is the road that the Garden Centre is on.

Is is possible to take the M56 towards Manchester and then come off at the Altrincham exit and follow the A556 towards Knutsford - but it is a bit of a pain to get turned toward High Legh as there is now a no-right-turn at the Mere crossroads - it is probably easiest to continue on to the roundabout for the M6 and use that to turn round and then you are able to turn towards High Legh.

Cheers R.
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Hi Rob,

Finally got an answer from my mate and it will just be BB for us I am afraid. Looking forward to the pictures on everybodies faces when a dozen plus Z's turn up at the garden centre, I will have to have the camera ready !
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by calbens »

Hope the weather's kind for you cos it looks like it's going to be a brilliant turn out. :drive
Damn! I wish I could be in two places at the same time :roll:

Can I be first on the list for next year? Pleeeeeease:D :drive
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Yes Bex, same sentiment here! I wish I could have done both Tatton and Ireland!!!

I am sure we will all have a great time. Fingers crossed for reasonable weather. :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

calbens wrote:
Robert T wrote: I'd love to have done Ireland, but I'm likely to be travelling for work, so I wouldn't have been able to get there, even if it hadn't clashed with this. :(
Maybe we can do it again next year, I'm sure Conor would be up for the challenge :D
Defo. :)

Guys, have a wonderful day on September 7. I hope the day has good weather for you all. Lots of photos please :P

C
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Cheers C. Weather forecast looked very good for you guys today, particularly over to the west of Ireland.

Today has been mostly dry, so what came down last night should have has chance to soak away. Forecast for tomorrow, unlike the rest of the country, is sunshine and showers, which seems to be par for this time of year. I did try to sneak some sunshine into my luggage, but I had to leave some room for the ouzo, otherwise I'd have brought a bigger chunk. :wink:

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow morning.

Cheers R.
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

If anyone is planning to travel to Tatton on the M62 westbound, let me know if you fancy a convoy. I will be departing the Leeds area 8.45am.
See you all tomorrow.
Mark
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Fingers crossed for good weather :wink:
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Robert T wrote
so what came down last night should have has chance to soak away
A wish that it hadn't come down this evening - 4 hours cleaning - go to get the camera and whilst I am in the house the rain and hailstones came down :head: Still I could watch it all beading up and running off the car. Hopefully will only be a few minutes in the morning to dry it.

Deano1712 wrote
If anyone is planning to travel to Tatton on the M62 westbound, let me know if you fancy a convoy
Might see you - we haven't decided which way to go yet M62 or Woodhead - depends on the weather and what time we get up!
Mr Adds

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Mr Adds »

Evening,

I shall be going on the M62 W/bound, dont know what time- depends on weather!

Setting off from Newcastle around 7:00, if I spot any Z's will pull in behind and give a flash....

Thanks

Adam

(FJ52XAW)
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Good morning all.

Well it's not raining here yet but could be a totally different kettle of fish over them hills, let's hope it stays dry.

See you all soon.
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

MarkOliver

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by MarkOliver »

Have a good day, the weather looks ten times better than Friday! I can't make to today :( , on route to germany working :( :(
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

It had a light shower about 6 this morning, but stopped about 7 and is drying up now. Cloud is quite low, but doesn't look too ominous at the moment. Fingers crossed for a few rays of sun later on.

See you all for BB's at the GC in about an hour and a half. :D

Cheers R.
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Had a great day today and good to meet up with some fellow zedders again. The rain held off until the afternoon so we got a bit of top down motoring too :D

Here's a few of my favourite pics:

Many thanks to Rob for sorting out the bacon butty meeting - a good start to the day.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Looks like a great turnout and much better weather than Donnington Park today! Rained a bit!

Nice pics, any more anyone?
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Many thanks to Robert T for organising the BB's and EEM - both great venues. Two nice bits of top down motoring during the day - which was a real bonus as it was pouring down on the M62 on the way over. We both thoroughly enjoyed the meeting all the other Zedders and looking round the all the cars. There may have been the odd moment of serious discussion later at the EEM but if there was I missed it as we seemed to spend all the time laughing about something - or just enjoying the food - great choice Robert. Will try and sort some photos out tomorrow.

Hope that everyone had safe journeys home.
Rocketman

M roadster S50

Post by Rocketman »

Looks like you all had a good day. More photos please. Sorry, I wasn't able to make it in the end. Sad. Was messed about by Comet.

Had a notebook computer in for repair at Comet and the last chance to pick it up from Banbury was today. Still had a nice trip out in the Z3M.

Anyway back to sunny Saudi Arabia tomorrow for another 6 months or so. Can't say I'll miss the UK weather but I will miss my Z.

By the way anyone who lives in the Stevenage area should check out the BMW dealer, great showroom. I was there the other day getting parts, had a Z1 (flip paint, never mind) and a Z8!!

Regards to all

Rocketman
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

Yeah a great day, really enjoyed it, nice to meet up with you all & put some faces to names & also have a good old chat.

A good mix of Zeds on our display, thanks Rob you did us all proud with the organisation, we had by far the best turnout of the day :D

Some amature pics below, before we get robs pro collection :)

whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Great pics folks!

We did have a really great day and we were very lucky with the weather. Only one major down pour and we were all crowded inside the BMW tent for the raffle at that point. Mike R and Rob T cleaned up winning several prizes at the raffle again :lol: :lol: :lol: I even got a plush BMW formula 1 car, which Rob T gave to me on the condition that my new kittens drive it! :D

Brilliant organisation with lovely bacon butties and a super afternoon meal.
Well done Rob T!

Also many thanks to Mike R for organising the stand which you can see looked fab!

Rob T's sprinting was also most impressive : When a Zed left he raced over to round up some stray zeds and got them to join the group and fill the gap! :lol: :lol: :lol: You should have been a red coat at Butlins Rob! :D

It was lovely to meet up again with familiar faces and also to be introduced to some new peeps. Fandabidoso!
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Was good to meet up with some familiar faces, I thought I had the only Z3M Coupe there but spotted an Estoril one parked on the edge of the parking on the way out which was perfectly timed as it started to rain! sorry didn't stay long as we had to go to a rainy BBQ! Next time I will try and get up in time to get to the early meet point!!

We will have to have a meet/drive at some point if we can book a weekend with nice weather!! :)
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Many thanks to all who turned out for the show. We ended up with too many cars to fit in the space that had been marked out for us. :D

The weather turned out to be very kind to us, and we managed two top down runs during the day, with just one big shower during the course of the afternoon. BBs made a nice start to the day, but I'd like to say thank you to those that stuck around for the EEM - it made for a thoroughly enjoyable end to the day and I am glad I managed to find somewhere nice for us to eat.

I managed to take one or two piccies during the day, so without further ado:

Bacon Buttie stop

Entering Tatton Park

The BMW Festival

The Roebuck

Looks like the Range Rover owners club was out in force too! :wink:

Next year we will have to include some lessons in parking - I've never seen such a wavy line of cars. :lol:

Cheers R.
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

Great pics as always, put me down for the parking lessons please, guilty as charged :)
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Yes great pics Rob( apart from the one of me gurning :lol: :lol: :lol: ) I must stop saying 'cheese'..... it is not a good look :wink: .

I am also guilty as charged regards the parking, especially at the garden centre! :oops:
Mr Adds

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Mr Adds »

Hi all,

Looks like I missed a great day...

Didnt come due to unclement weather up our way, wish I had have powered through the floods!

Always good to see so many Z's in one place!

Adam
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Looks like you all had a great day out. Lovely to see a nice number of Zeds present. Keep the photos coming please :P

C
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Thank you all for the kind comments. Was a nice reward to see so many zeds turn out with so many nice people.

Did any of the other EEMers spot the flash and wave from an Atlanta Z3 as we were leaving Knutsford. I think ZC and ZO did as I saw them give a flash too, but not sure about those behind. Nice to see happy zedders on the road. :D

Cheers R.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Great turnout of Zeds

We drove near Tatton Park on Friday on the way to Liverpool, and again Sunday on our return trip, just a shame it was all over by that time :(
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by calbens »

What a brilliant turn out for Tatton. Really glad the weather was good for you.
Driving to Liverpool docks on Friday night in the torrential rain made me think Tatton may be cancelled. Really glad it turned out fine, the cars look stunning.......
RobT I think a NW cruise is going to have to be planned. Nudge, nudge :wink: :wink:
Bun 2.2

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Fab shots

Post by Bun 2.2 »

A real treat to see such gorgeous Zed shots and a credit to the owners/photographers, and Rob for organising it. The cars all look utterly fantastic. I am feeling rather insecure now about my stonechips near my front grille and fear I will have to have a bonnet respray should I want to park with you all next year in order not to look like a poor relation! Just sorry I wasn't able to join you this year.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Not to worry, Bun. The photos flatter the cars a bit - I didn't even managed to give mine a wax before the show, and I carefully didn't take a picture of the three parking dents in the passenger door that I still need to get sorted. :wink:

Am sorry you couldn't make it this time. Give my best wishes to Martyn. Look forward to seeing you at another event soon.

Cheers R.
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

My First Show

Post by Zed Carer »

Hi everyone SiverZ4 here. ZC and ZO took me Tatton for my first meet and show (well I took them really but you have to let them think that they're in charge).

Hi to all the other Zeds that I met at the garden centre and later at Tatton - you all looked really great.

Unfortunately ZC got all muddled with the camera again so not many photos.

I'm ready to go just need ZC and ZO to hurry up.

No pics at the garden centre they were far too busy meeting people and eating bacon butties whilst we poor Zeds were left to fend for ourselves in the car park. So on to Tatton - I loved it and I think that ZC did as well - but not too sure that ZO appreciated just how quick we went in places.

Sharky gets a final polish (I was parked next to Sharky and he is gorgeous)
ZC had to admit that he hadn't got any quick detailer with him so ZO packed him off to buy some!

We met a nice couple who have the Z4 on their short list for replacing their current car. They had good look all round, sat in my seats and asked ZC and ZO lots of questions. Good job that ZC had cleaned everything:
They took away details of ZRoadster so ZC will keep watching for new members.

Nice Zeds

Now as to this parking! I thought that we were trying to form two elongated Z's
Anyway aren't us Zeds supposed to be a bit rebellious?

Then off to the EEM. Robert T I did flash at the Atlanta Blue Z3 in Knutsford, hopefully the others did as well. Yet again us poor Zeds were left in the car park in the rain and nobody came out to see if we were OK when the Range Rovers arrived - I think that Sharky scared them though!

Ah well after a wet run home have to get ready for the daily commuting again. Hope to see you all again and if they are nice to me I'll bring ZC and ZO with me.
LukeyBoy

blank.gif

Post by LukeyBoy »

Neat photo's guys :) looks like you had a good day!
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

First time back on the PC for me since getting back. We stayed in Chershire and spent yesterday at Chester Zoo.

Thanks from us to Rob & Mike for the organisation and I'll get some more photos up once I have separated the Zeds from the Capibaras.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Firstly a big thanks to Rob for the arrangements, nice to meet you all and what a great day! rain held off for most of the day and the roof down on all the cars going to, and during the event, which is the best way to show off the cars!
All zeds definately looked the part, and I reckon we had the best representation (and display) on the day....
:lol:
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Fantastic day, many thanks to Rob for organising the synchronised entry to the event :D

Undoubtably the best turn out of all the BMW marques on the day, did anyone get a result in the "show & shine"?

When is the next event as I really enjoyed the day, shame I couldn't stay for the EEM as that looked fun too. Nice to meet everybody hope to see you all again in the near future.
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8