BMW Car Club Trackday Cadwell Park 13th May 2009

Photos and reports from past events
Nick Wright

BMW other

BMW Car Club Trackday Cadwell Park 13th May 2009

Post by Nick Wright »

I am proud to anounce that I have adopted the Car Clubs Cadwell Park trackday.

There is no better way than to start off the track day season than with a breath of fresh spring air at Cadwell Park in deepest Lincolnshire - the mini Nurburgring.

The format will be just the same as at Croft - I can't wait!

The date has been booked and confirmed..
Wednesday 13th May 2009.
£150 each
All BMWs welcome.

Booking office open now.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Please put me on the list Nick!

Great news, congratulations!
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Nick Wright

BMW other

Post by Nick Wright »

stu wrote:Please put me on the list Nick!
I had a feeling you would be up for this.
You are No1 on my entry list.

Thanks,
Nick

BTW.. can you upgrade this topic to a sticky for me please and then edit this line out
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

I can't do this one as it's too close to another I'm doing. When is the Croft one this year?
Dave8300

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Dave8300 »

What are the details for this? Haven't been to one before, but it sounds promising :D
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. It's much safer that way, you're a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Dave8300 wrote:What are the details for this? Haven't been to one before, but it sounds promising :D
Contact Nick, he'll answer any questions you have, if it's not already in his post.
Nick Wright

BMW other

Post by Nick Wright »

c_w wrote:I can't do this one as it's too close to another I'm doing. When is the Croft one this year?
6th July
Nick Wright

BMW other

Post by Nick Wright »

Dave8300 wrote:What are the details for this? Haven't been to one before, but it sounds promising :D
It's our annual Spring track day at Cadwell Park.
We have been going to Cadwell in May for around 25 years now but everyone who go's still gets excited by it.

Unlike the commercial track day operators, we do not have profit as our motivation - It's a day run by the Club for our members and friends (you lot) - you get a lot more tracktime for your money.

It's an all day thing - we start early, usually before 8am, to get everyone signed on and finish with the trophies and raffle prizes around 5 to 5.30.

Open Pit Lane means no sessions, you get to drive as and when you want.

Instruction is free - we have some of the best there is on hand to help you with your technique, or to just guide you around poiting out the braking zones and such like.

We don't do nutters either, it's an ideal starting point for a newcomer.

Payment can be made by cheque or card - all handled professionally by the office staff - I take all the bookings myself so that I know who is coming in what.. but I don't save places - I only sell them, I have been let down once too often!

Hope you can come,

Nick
Dave8300

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Dave8300 »

That sounds brilliant! Count me in :D
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. It's much safer that way, you're a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Nick Wright wrote:
c_w wrote:I can't do this one as it's too close to another I'm doing. When is the Croft one this year?
6th July
Arrrrgh!!! can't make that date :(
birdy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by birdy »

I'd love to come but a bit to far up North for me time-wise.
Is there a BMW track day due a bit further south?
Nick Wright

BMW other

Post by Nick Wright »

birdy wrote:I'd love to come but a bit to far up North for me time-wise.
Is there a BMW track day due a bit further south?
DP - 7th Sept
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Oooh I think I can make Croft in July now! so I'll look out for the thread nearer the time :) and probably Donington in Sept too.

Can't make this Cadwell day but would recommend this track as it's probably the best circuit in the UK with Oulton Park.
Bessboo

M roadster S52

Cadwell Park

Post by Bessboo »

Hi Nick - Just signed up today and would like you to put my name down for the track day at Cadwell. Is this an open track day with loads of other makes of cars on the track or just for BMW's? When we've been before we get a discount from the organisers if more than than 5 in at a time. :shake:
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Re: Cadwell Park

Post by stu »

Bessboo wrote:Hi Nick - Just signed up today and would like you to put my name down for the track day at Cadwell. Is this an open track day with loads of other makes of cars on the track or just for BMW's? When we've been before we get a discount from the organisers if more than than 5 in at a time. :shake:
The club's trackdays are not for profit, so if there is any surplus on a well subscrined day, it's carried over to other meetings etc. as they don't always cover the ever rising costs.

Not exclusively BMW marque days, but the driving standards are well established and effectively policed.
Nick Wright

BMW other

Re: Cadwell Park

Post by Nick Wright »

Bessboo wrote:Hi Nick - Just signed up today and would like you to put my name down for the track day at Cadwell. Is this an open track day with loads of other makes of cars on the track or just for BMW's? When we've been before we get a discount from the organisers if more than than 5 in at a time. :shake:
No problem - PM me with your email so I can send you the forms.. like Stu says we do allow a handful of non BMW at each event, but there won't be that many at Cadwell, pretty much all BMW at this one.

Can't do it any cheaper I'm afraid - we do it at cost. But you will get a lot of tarmac for your money.
Nick Wright

BMW other

Post by Nick Wright »

Subject: BMWCC Cadwell Park trackday 13th May

Less than six weeks to go now before we go to Cadwell Park for our annual springtime trackday.

There will not be a mail drop of entry forms for this one as the old mailing list has gone astray – if you know any of the Cadwell regulars that may be waiting for one and that may not receive this email could you please tell them to get in touch with me.

We will be running an open pit lane this year rather than the usual sessions – it works very well at Croft and Oulton Park and I am sure you will all love it at Cadwell also.

Please note that we are starting with a zero fund this year and have nothing in the kitty – so I am afraid your complimentary breakfasts and lunches will have to be forfeited this time – the clubhouse and restaurant will of course be open as usual.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call me, I am only a phone call away on 01225 709009

regards
Nick

Z4 M roadster

BMWCC Cadwell Park trackday 13th May

Post by doomsdayrunner »

Is this £150 per car or each driver as the wife would like to come too and have some track time???
///m murf
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by ///m murf »

All Booked in, see you there Stu
Mark
The Original ///M Roadster + maybe just a couple of mods! Gone but never forgotten, now in a Z4
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Cheers Mark, see you there.

Just for the record, Cadwell's cafe is;

a) Rubbish
b) REALLY expensive
c) The only act in town

I'd recommend pack up or flasks/BBQuick's etc.

Nick, I'm sure I have saved the e-mails from previous trackdays I can forward to you. I'll give you a cheque at the Howden meet next week mate.
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

The food's not bad, it's just sooooo pricey!
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

So who's coming along to this one then?

I've got my new tyres sorted, new front brakes pads should have arrived today for some bedding in so I'm just about ready!
Nick Wright

BMW other

Post by Nick Wright »

Heres the list - no names though just the cars - looks like another E30 fest

ACS
ACS
ACS
BMW
BMW
BMW 130i
BMW 130i
BMW 630 conv
BMW E21 316
BMW E30 320
BMW E30 323
BMW E30 325
BMW E30 325
BMW E30 325
BMW E30 325
BMW E30 325
BMW E30 325
BMW E30 325
BMW E30 325
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E30 M3
BMW E34 M5
BMW E36 318is
BMW E36 325
BMW E36 328
BMW E36 M3
BMW E36 M3
BMW E36 M3gt
BMW E39 M5
BMW E46 325ci
BMW E46 328ci
BMW E46 M3
BMW E46 M3
BMW E46 M3 con
BMW E46 M3 csl
BMW E46 M3 csl
BMW E46 M3csl
BMW E46 M3csl
BMW E61
BMW E92 325
BMW Z3 2.8
BMW Z3 2.8
BMW Z3M
BMW Z4M
BMW ZMCoupe
Fiesta XR2
Porsche GT3
Pug 205gti
Roadmonster
Z Register organiser

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Roadmonster »

stu wrote:So who's coming along to this one then?

I've got my new tyres sorted, new front brakes pads should have arrived today for some bedding in so I'm just about ready!
I've got my new rear road springs and boge shocks on now, which I had planned on this years maint/mod schedule, among other things, and new rear pads. Will probably need new discs/pads at the front around Croft time but i've got the Pagid vouchers I won at Croft towards those. Just the got the 'monsters fluids to do and the jobs good.
Nick, is one of the E30 M3s Des and Tommy? I love Des, he cracks me up :lol:
BMW - Bitch Makes Whupass.......(Topless)
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Looks like a great list of cars!! Should be a good day.

Will look out for the Croft day!
Nick Wright

BMW other

Post by Nick Wright »

[quote="Roadmonster]
Nick, is one of the E30 M3s Des and Tommy? [/quote]

No - they are all mine
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

ACS what?

It's a very, very impressive list of cars!
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

Envious.

A lot :cry:
Nick Wright

BMW other

Post by Nick Wright »

stu wrote:ACS what?
Cooper S
Z4M
118d sport eco
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

I had a great day and my love for Cadwell only deepens!

The Toyo T1R's generated loads of grip & confidence dry or damp/wet (which did see a couple of minor off's for a couple of people) and I would thoroughly recommend them. I took my time to get to know the feeling of these tyres on track and had to play with pressures a little to make them work properly. Ended up with 31 psi HOT working pretty well.

Brakes remained AWESOME all day long, AP Racing, thank you!

Due to the open pitlane nature of the day I did 159 miles of track driving - incredible. I used over 70 litres of fuel and nearly ran out on the way home.

Great to see Dawn in here car sounding fabulous and gaining more confidence and Mark in his lovely Estoril beast flying along. Can't remember the name of the nice chap in the MZ3 Coupe but did get to have a chat with him at the end of the day. Amazingly, Mark & I won 4 raffle prizes between us, but strangely, when I've left my tickets with Dawn & Pete in the past, they've won - how strange is that ;)

For anyone considering taking their car on track, the BMW Car Club BETTER DRIVING DAYS (not trackdays) are great.

I'll post pics/links when I know who the photog was and where the pics are hosted.

Happy Days and there's less people think Z's are hairdressers cars now!
Last edited by stu on Thu 14 May, 2009 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Roadmonster
Z Register organiser

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Roadmonster »

stu wrote: Amazingly, Mark & I won 4 raffle prizes between us, but strangely, when I've left my tickets with Dawn & Pete in the past, they've won - how strange is that ;)
It makes a bloody change for you to stay to the end of anything you cheeky beggar!!!! :roll:
Thank you for telling the soundcheck crew that the 'monster was a 1.8 4 cylinder, as bloody if :shock:
It was great to meet the lovely ///MMurfs and also to catch up with the usual suspects from the Club. Howard got his first ride ever in a Z3 yesterday and he liked it, as he had taken me out for a blatt in his mint 6er at one of the Howden meets it was a pleasure for me to return the favour. Chris Rossiter said he was a bit aprehensive about the Z but having driven it round he said he was pleasantly surprised by the 'monsters smoothness and what a great little car I have. I seem to be on a mission to convert people to lovin' the Zeds as most people tend to believe the crap reviews they picked up and they do seem to be BMWs bastard child but everyone i've let drive or ride shotgun has ended up being really impressed.

FYI if you're cruisin' in the Wolds this summer, the damn plod have got a stealth bike, very discreet lights and a **** load of aerials and a small police badge on the riders coat. Followed us out to the Rasen turn off and then spun round and headed back for richer pickings with the crotch rockets on their way to Cadwell for todays event. We only picked him up when we had to pick up the main road for a few miles instead of the goat tracks I usually take us down.
BMW - Bitch Makes Whupass.......(Topless)
pdwarren

M coupe S50

Post by pdwarren »

stu wrote:Can't remember the name of the nice chap in the MZ3 Coupe but did get to have a chat with him at the end of the day.
That was me :) Good to me you too - would be interested to know more about what you've done under the bonnet of your Z.

I really enjoyed the day. I'd not done Cadwell before and had high expectations and I'm pleased to say I was not disappointed - it's a fantastic circuit. It was also the first BMWCC day I'd done, and I really enjoyed the atmosphere and attitude. Made a nice change to be able to come on and off the circuit without worrying about the queue to get back on.

I'm glad the weather sorted itself out as it was getting a bit slippery around lunch time. I had some great laps later on chasing Mark in his M.

I'm already booked in for Croft, and will do Donnington if I can.

Hopefully see you at the next one!

Paul
pdwarren

M coupe S50

Post by pdwarren »

Roadmonster wrote: FYI if you're cruisin' in the Wolds this summer, the damn plod have got a stealth bike, very discreet lights and a **** load of aerials
They're also cruising round Lincoln in marked Volvo estates stopping people acting suspiciously.

"Suspicious" in this case means carrying three wheels on the roof at half-past midnight :roll: Still, they were quick and polite, and if my wheels had been on the roof of somebody else's car, I would have been glad for their actions.

Paul
Mrs ///M

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Mrs ///M »

I'd also like to add that we had a great day. It was lovely to see Stu and meet Dawn, Pete and Paul.

Thanks to Nick for organising a brilliant day and Chris for the briefings. I have to say that I will be looking at the diary to see if we can make Croft so that I can have a go on the track. Now I've been a spectator and passenger at a BMW Car Club BETTER DRIVING DAY I'm keen to have a go as it was not the free for all I expected. So Nick you asked for more female participants I hope to be adding my name to the Croft event.

Once again thanks for a great day and hope to see you at Croft.

Mark (///M Murf) and Amelia
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Some fantastic pictures by Darren Teagles I found on the car club website.

Spot the Z3 pictures, there's actually quite a few, but only 2 Z4 coupe's present.
pdwarren

M coupe S50

Post by pdwarren »

I particularly like this one:

As you say, excellent photos. Much better and more interesting than the ones that people have tried to sell me for lots of money at other track days.

Paul
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Great set of pictures. I like this one:

Very difficult to capture this sort of pic :bow
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8