Lost My Lakes Virginity!!!

Photos and reports from past events
Jules75

Z4 M roadster

Lost My Lakes Virginity!!!

Post by Jules75 »

Firstly, sorry for the quality of the attached pictures. I had to shrink them a lot using MS PhotoEditor ( :head: ), so that I could post them on the board. If anyone want's high res copies, just PM me.

But onto the main point. I have to say that I had the best time at the Lakes. A big thankyou to all the organisers for a fantastic event, that was executed with military precision. (With the exception of the odd "Is it left or right" over the radio! :shock: )

I really enjoyed the dawn raids as they were a good chance to warm up :twisted: the car before the main run. The Sunday run was brilliant. If you hadn't all left 6 minutes early, I would have video taped the run!

The main runs were just great, despite the dodgy weather. I don't know where you found those roads, but they were just great to drive on. I was also pleased to see a few hard core nutters with their roofs down. 8-)

Also thanks to everyone who made me feel welcome at my first Lakes Weekend. I meet lots of great people (with great cars), and it was good to put faces to names.

I hope to see you all again next year, and I will be spreading the word on the Z4UM that it is a great event.

Cheers! :mrgreen:
Attachments
Sun Main Run Abbey.jpg
Sun Main Run Abbey.jpg (41.97 KiB) Viewed 4399 times
Sun Main All the Cars.jpg
Sun Main All the Cars.jpg (15.16 KiB) Viewed 4399 times
Sun Main Abbey Jules Z4.jpg
Sun Main Abbey Jules Z4.jpg (53.21 KiB) Viewed 4399 times
Sun Dawn Descent.jpg
Sun Dawn Descent.jpg (16.45 KiB) Viewed 4399 times
Jules75

Z4 M roadster

Post by Jules75 »

BTW - For those who are interested, the video camera mounting kit I was using can be purchased from here:

http://www.b-hague.co.uk/Mounting%20Brackets.htm

Xbox On-Line ID's

For those who want to race the Lakes Xbox Champion (that's me :wink: ), my on-line ID is JULES75. Please post yours if you want to race sometime soon on PGR2!
Jules75

Z4 M roadster

Post by Jules75 »

Help! I would like to post a couple more pictures, but I keep getting this error Sorry, but the maximum filesize for all Attachments is reached. Please contact the Board Administrator if you have questions..

Why is this? The pictures are less than 50K. :?
Jules75

Z4 M roadster

Post by Jules75 »

I've posted my review of the weekend on the Z4UM for those who are interested. (There are more pictures there as well).

http://www.z4um.com/viewtopic.php?t=3624&highlight=
Madeira Jon

BMW convertible

Post by Madeira Jon »

Jules,
Who are the 2 wusses in the first photo with "lids" on their cars?
Even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas
Jules75

Z4 M roadster

Post by Jules75 »

Madeira Jon wrote:Jules,
:lol: One of them is Giles!
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

Jules - have you seen this post - viewtopic.php?p=11446#11446?

PM me if you want to be part of it
Bryn
Z Register member

BMW convertible

Post by Bryn »

Jon,

you can rest assured it wasn't me ;-) I still have the frost bite, heavy chest cold and the rain covered interior to prove it :-):-):-) :twisted: :twisted:

Just like to take this opportunity to say thanks to everyone who helped to put together a truly spectacular weekend. It must have been so frustrating during the day runs for the leaders (maybe not so much for you Stu :twisted: ;-)) sweepers and rear cars (my sympathy's Giles and Lari :-) trying to keep all us newbies together and to the next RV in one group. It was appreciated :-):-)

Thanks for the memories and see you all soon

Bryn and Mel :-):-)

ps. Blue 3.0l, still up for the east coast cruise?? I have a real appetite for them now :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by Bryn on Mon 10 May, 2004 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
Blue 3.0i

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Too right.....

Post by Blue 3.0i »

Great North Eastern Ice cream run

:lol: We are thinking of going from somewhere south of the humber bridge and heading across that and up to whitby along the coastal roads popping through ... say ... the likes of bridlington and scarborough....only a thought at the min :rtm: ...what do ya think?.. any others? :viking:

Had to go for a run out this afternoon to mr nice dealer to price up Schnitzer sports suspenny and the alloys to match.. :mrgreen: :lol: 8-) :shock: :D Linda hasnt said no :shock: :o :o :) :D

SEE Y'ALL SOON
Sideways is good no?
Larri
Z Register member

Not specified

Post by Larri »

I'm glad you all had a great time - it was great being a sweeper and watching driver confidence grow as the number of times the brake lights came on got less and less as the day progressed.

We had an absolute ball and yeah, wing two was the best!

Jules I hope that you can persuade the Z4um run organisers to make them all Z model runs too....the more the merrier eh? 8-)
Larri ......Va Va Vrooooom!
Danger - Blonde with Attitude, light blue touch paper.......and remove yourself from area - sharpish
Phil

M roadster S54

Wing three was best-----------------

Post by Phil »

Small, select and I seem to remember them arriving rather ahead of schedule on more than one occasion. Must be down to the spirited driving of the Z3s :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Larri
Z Register member

Not specified

Re: Wing three was best-----------------

Post by Larri »

Phil wrote:Small, select and I seem to remember them arriving rather ahead of schedule on more than one occasion. Must be down to the spirited driving of the Z3s :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pah! the rear of wing two even beat the front half, and wing one too.....WE are the champions!!!!!
Larri ......Va Va Vrooooom!
Danger - Blonde with Attitude, light blue touch paper.......and remove yourself from area - sharpish
Madeira Jon

BMW convertible

Post by Madeira Jon »

You forget (conveniently) that wing 3, led by the 3er cabrio caught up with the other 2!!!! :D
Bryn
Z Register member

BMW convertible

Post by Bryn »

You forget (conveniently) that wing 3, led by the 3er cabrio caught up with the other 2!!!!
Jon,
you misunderstand, wing three only caught wing two after it had been stationary long enough for Stu and Sylvia to get itchy feet again so all you really saw was us getting BACK into our Zeds not out!! :-):-) :twisted:

Mexican wave for the twos!!!!!

Bryn
Madeira Jon

BMW convertible

Post by Madeira Jon »

Naw.... wing 3 actually had to stop and allow the rest to get goin' agin' :D But joking aside (Why? Ed.) Stu and Sylv organise a FANTABULISTIC "Rutted Toads" N. Yorks terror run in Sept.. they even include a "Motorway Madness" event (Not planned actually!) and a "follow the local weekly bus rally", we even supplied an interpreter for southrun wallahs, (Lari and Giles appreciated this) who can't speak Viking. Pillkage and rape is optional, but by the end of the day, we were too tired. (Not wot I heard! Ed.)
Bryn
Z Register member

BMW convertible

Post by Bryn »

"Rutted Toads"
Only a major conflict and an all arms call up would keep me away ;-)
I am now officially hooked :shock: :shock:
Bryn
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

brynt wrote:It must have been so frustrating during the day runs for the leaders (maybe not so much for you Stu :twisted: ;-)) sweepers and rear cars (my sympathy's Giles and Lari :-) trying to keep all us newbies together and to the next RV in one group. It was appreciated :-):-)
Mwwwahhahahahaha - you should have been in Wing 1 at some points of the Saturday run - the issue was not keeping them together, but keeping them on the ground :wink:
Jon Miller
Z Register member

BMW other

Post by Jon Miller »

Not having driven in wing1 or wing3 I couldn't say which was the best (diplomatic or what :D )

All I can say is that I had an absolute blast in wing2 I don't think I've ever driven like that before, It was a great opportunity to learn the car and improve my skills.

Even Elaine got more relaxed as the weekend went by.

Great to meet you all

Cheers
Jon (resting at work :!: )
Madeira Jon

BMW convertible

Post by Madeira Jon »

Bryn,
Only a major conflict and an all arms call up would keep me away
This IS a major conflict! We have "weapons free". Wait for responses from Stu, with luck it will be in an English which even Brummies can understand! :D
BTW Hope Mel is OK after a rather unusual weekend!
TonyCal

blank.gif

Re: Wing three was best-----------------

Post by TonyCal »

Larri wrote:
Phil wrote:Small, select and I seem to remember them arriving rather ahead of schedule on more than one occasion. Must be down to the spirited driving of the Z3s :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pah! the rear of wing two even beat the front half, and wing one too.....WE are the champions!!!!!
Phil you only arrived first because you were lead group! the rest were waiting on the raod behind to give you chance to get ahead :D

Wing 2 did indead reach Shap Abbey before wing 1 BUT They cheated and did not do the complete route via the gated road, also wing 1 had a slight detour of 3.8 miles for an extra blast down a few more lanes. The gated road was fun as the ///M's rear tyres could not completely fit on the road it was so narrow, as we were doing it in reverse it was a good job wing 2 ommitted it as there were no passing places.
The only racing that happened in wing one was beat the Coupe's out of the stops :D
To be honest I was happy to perform the sweeper role at the rear of wing 1 as it allowed me to drop back now and again to experiment with the car, as I had only had it 6 days before taking it to the lakes, the tyres only had the milage it took to get there on them. Previously I had only had the chance to run the M on motorways, but the lakes allowed me to "test " the car more fully.
I have checked the video evidence from the Sunday afternoon drive and have a good shot of the motorcyclist PARKED at the side of the road on his mobile. Is it possible to be on the wrong side of the road if the road is only 10 feet wide?

All in all an excellent weekend, even Sarah enjoyed getting thrown about in the car, apart from one hump where she bounced up and bashed her head on the roof frame. Yes I have managed to get the finger marks out of the leather door handle, where Sarah was gripping it so tight the first day. Thankfully she was more relaxed by Sunday and Monday.
Cant wait till the next one.
easytiger

Z3 roadster 1.9

wing 2 vs wing 3

Post by easytiger »

Sorry Phil,

Having driven in wings 2 and 3 I have to agree with Larri that wing 2 was better, have you ever seen drivin miss Daisy? What I must say tho is that your single wing day in the peaks was awesome at times and all those who could only do the weekend probably missed the best day.

Francesca and I had a superb weekend and offer up highest praise and thanx to all organiusers for a top weekend cant wait for the next one. The only problem is that Im now being 'persuaded' that perhaps we will need to upgrade the car soon. All Tims fault you know.

Once again a big thanx to all involved.

Mark & Francesca.
Its a beautiful thing
Mark & Francesca
JohnM

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by JohnM »

Well, I can honestly say that I drove with all the wings over the course of the two days. Saturday, I dropped off the back and got lost (I'd left my navigator to pick her own ride and she ended up with Tim in an M). Somehow I found Stu at a junction so tagged onto the back of group two. Later that day I tagged onto wing 1 and enjoyed the run back to Keswick Country House.

Sunday, I looked at the numbers in wing three and decided to help the assembled masses in wing 2. Good job I did as after Stu blasted off the second half (10 cars....) got seperated and I assumed the lead of wing 2b with Gi and Larri as expert sweepers :-)

With so many new faces, it was difficult to gauge who wanted to run at what pace - hence the split (roughly) based on car engine size.

The Saturday and Sunday runs are not necessarily meant to be at a cut-throat pace - some of the participants wanted to run at a more leisurely pace and Phil/Mad-Jon did a good job of looking after wing 3 on Sunday.

Phil tried to set a balance on the Monday run - and did very well at keeping the speed merchants happy while enabling us to take in the scenery.

We enjoyed ourselves as usual - Rachel M taking the photos and me trying not to shake the car up too much while she was using the camera!! The dawn raid was interesting and it was a good job RachelM was not in the car.

John.
Bryn
Z Register member

BMW convertible

Post by Bryn »

with luck it will be in an English which even Brummies can understand!
BTW Hope Mel is OK after a rather unusual weekend!
Jon,

Blackcountry not Brummie, there is a world of distance (about 8 miles ;-))

As for Mel, she has only just stopped smiling.

Bryn :-)
z4ce

Not specified

Post by z4ce »

Larri wrote: Jules I hope that you can persuade the Z4um run organisers to make them all Z model runs too....the more the merrier eh? 8-)
Larri - talk about a delayed response, BUT, better late then never :) All of the Z4um runs should accomodate Z3's as well as Z4's. One of our mods is a passionate Z3 owner (although it's unlikely his Z will make it to our UK meets as he lives in the USA ;)).

I made this statement on the Z4um very early on:

http://www.z4um.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=295

and I intend to stand 100% by it :)

Cheers,
Z4ce
nero

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by nero »

Amir - don't forget L'll ol' me :D
BMWCCScotland

Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.
johnmckenzie

Porsche

Post by johnmckenzie »

Nero wrote:Amir - don't forget L'll ol' me :D
Neil, how could we EVER forget Lil' ol' you? :wink:
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Nero - hope you're all well again.

Post by stu »

Was a bit of a shock to lose you on the Trossachs!
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
z4ce

Not specified

Post by z4ce »

Nero wrote:Amir - don't forget L'll ol' me :D
Nero - I tried to forget you.. but I just can't do it :head:

Just kidding man :mrgreen:

Z4ce