Edersee Germany: 5-6 September 2009

Photos and reports from past events
Catweazle

Z3 roadster 2.8

Edersee Germany: 5-6 September 2009

Post by Catweazle »

Hi @ all,

I want you herewith our Edersee meetings closer. This is now the 3 edition and has been always a huge success.
Maybe yes to one or other of this forum here want to look at this Event ....

And please excuse my bad English

http://www.z3-forum.de/z3-treffen-am-ed ... e8ad3cff88

Mod Edit: Moved to the correct forum and upgraded to "Announcement" by Spokey.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Typical, this clashes dates with the French Z meeting!

I hope the meet goes well and it would be great to see some Brits make it.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Wessex

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wessex »

I have my 60th birthday on the 5th Sept and this meet would have been wonderful to attend. Trouble is, I can't read or understand German so the forum is all double dutch (Deutsche) to me.

Also, the step daughter is returning from SA on the early morning of the 6th and is not too pleased I might not be there to meet her at the airport.

Peter
Wessex

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wessex »

Well we have decided to go to the Edersee meet after all and just booked my reservation at the Terrace Hotel next to the lake at the dam.

Anyone from my area prepared to collect my step daughter from Heathrow on the 6th? :lol: All expenses paid.

Full report and pics to follow.

Peter
Catweazle

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Catweazle »

Hi @ all ,

Here some Photos have fun

http://www.z3-forum.de/bilder-edersee-2 ... 4440d93071

@ Peter

thanxxx for coming
:bow :thumb:

and sorry for my english
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by kruisn »

Luvely photo's Pete, glad the run went well. Very pretty countryside too.
Whatever nationality they are Zders all look the same --Happy, standing around looking at cars, joking, eating and of course driving. "good eh".
Don't drink and drive home -
Take the Zd and fly home -
Catweazle

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Catweazle »

The dates for 2010 already stands. 2 days after the end of the Tour of 2009 have already been re-signed 24 zzz 2010
Here are the dates for 2010

http://translate.google.de/translate?js ... ry_state0=
Wessex

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wessex »

Well, that was one of the best experiences I have ever taken part in. From the day Carole & I decided to abandon our daughter and join the German meeting at Edersee to arriving back home safely I couldn't have asked for a better feeling.

The next meeting is 3rd - 5th September 2010 and it would be really great if we could get together a group from the UK to join our German friends. You will not be disappointed. The hospitality and routes are second to none and to see all those beautiful ZZZs in one place is a privilege. To be able to park your own ZZZ in between a row of other glistening machines is a sight to be seen.

We left Home at 6 on Thursday morning and caught the 9.40 Eurotunnel to Calais. Arriving half an hour later we joined the motorway and headed East. Through France we stopped at Dunkerque for a light lunch and then on to Weert in Holland where we stopped for the night. We set off the next morning to pay our respects to the airmen buried in a cemetry in the Reichswald Forest on the Dutch/German border then onto Edersee. We arrived late afternoon following a fast Autobahn drive, so exilerating, and was greeted on the steps of the hotel by Gabbi, one of the organisers and a host of other people. The greeting was so warm. We signed in and went down to the restraunt for a meal and to meet our new friends. I hardly speak any German and Carole even less but with our bit of German and their command of the English we got on through the evening.

We had a relatively early night and was up fairly early at about 7.30 to find quite a few had already got up and were cleaning off the night's rain. We followed suit of course and then had breakfast. Afterwards we stood outside chatting and been congratulated on my birthday, 60th, and watching even more ZZZs arriving for the day's tour. We were given our papers and allocated a Group, each group consisted of about 7-9 cars - we were in the 2nd group, and off we went. The weather was dry so it was hoods down and the music of all those thousands of CCs burbling together certainly got the hairs on the back of my neck bristling.

Our route took us through villages, forests, up hill and down vale. Spirited driving yes but with a touch of respectability and sympathy for the surroundings. Now and again the leader would stop as rain threatened and up went the hoods and off again. Not long after we would all stop and lower them again as the rain stopped. We eventually stopped at a castle for a lovely lunch and to have the raffle drawn. Eventually my number was called and to my astonishment I had won the first prize. A stainless steel rear silencer to be built to my specs. Size of outlet pipes and volume of sound!!!. Worth around €600 I believe. The laminated voucher was in German and I had to wait to get home before I could understand it fully. www.rjs-technik.de is the website to look for.

After lunch the heavens opened again for a short while and then the sun. The large carpark was full of ZZZs and I mean large and full. We all regrouped and it was off again on a three hour drive back to the hotel. We had done a great big loop out from the hotel and back another way. I was all zedded out when we got back. More small talk in the car park in the evening sun and then changed for the evening meal. The hospitality of the hotel manager and staff was second to none and we felt part of the scenery.

The following morning we went out on another drive, this time in the sun, and no stops for hoods up. Back at about 12.30 then the good byes. We stayed around the dam for a while and then visited a small museum nearby.

It was over all to quickly and with promises of meeting up again next year we arrived back home on Monday. We took hundreds of photos and over the next few days I'll be posting a selection on the forum to try to entice a convoy from the UK next year. Start saving now. You won't regret it and surely your ZZZ deserves to meet up with their own cousins??

Peter, Carole & Bongo
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by kruisn »

Very enjoyable read Peter. Glad you had such a good time. I checked out catweazels piccies but didn't recognize Bongo. I look forward to your photo's. Cheers. B.
Wessex

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wessex »

Hi Kruisn.

Thanks for replying. I'll need a day or two. Back from Germany and into work. Can't believe it was a week ago tonight that we were packing Bongo and so excited at our first road trip.

Please give me a day or two. I'm sure Bongo is in the pics somewhere. The clue is in the number plate. It's the only brit one there!!! :roflmao:

Regards,
Peter
Wessex

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wessex »

kruisn wrote:Very enjoyable read Peter. Glad you had such a good time. I checked out catweazels piccies but didn't recognize Bongo. I look forward to your photo's. Cheers. B.
http://picasaweb.google.com/herbertdijk ... directlink#

10, 36 & 89 and behind black car in video 97.

Peter.
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by kruisn »

Just looked at Herberts photo's/vids, nice countryside and looked like good roads as well.
Wessex

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wessex »

Hey, they were great. Really varied and the beer was good as well, after the tours of course! :wink:

Peter
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a fantastic turnout and a good variety of zeds 8-)
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
Wessex

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wessex »

No one seems interested but here are some photographs I or Carole took during our visit.

The Z3-Forum Members certainly are a close knit group and have welcomed Carole and I into their hearts. The spirit of spirited driving is alive and kicking in Germany.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Wessex121 ... 6bj8rms6gE#

Peter
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by calbens »

Great Pictures Peter!

But what had they done to that poor Mora :shock: I thought the chrome gills were bad enough but Gull Wing doors and interior!!! :shake: Thats just wrong :head:

So have you picked up the zed cruising bug?
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Peter
Looked like a wonderful trip and a nice way to celebrate the mid life!! :wink:
Zed guys across Europe all seem to get on no matter what language...

Some super views in your pictures.
garyw
Nick

Porsche

Post by Nick »

Thanks Peter for posting pics of your excellent trip.

:)

Toon_Kev81

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Toon_Kev81 »

Wessex wrote:We had a relatively early night and was up fairly early at about 7.30 to find quite a few had already got up and were cleaning off the night's rain.
You were the only Brit out of a whole load of Jormans and you thought you would be up first? :wink:
Wessex

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wessex »

Toon_Kev81 wrote:
Wessex wrote:We had a relatively early night and was up fairly early at about 7.30 to find quite a few had already got up and were cleaning off the night's rain.
You were the only Brit out of a whole load of Jormans and you thought you would be up first? :wink:
Well, there was no swimming pool or sun loungers!! :head: