Dealer Visit - Sytner Sheffield - Sunday, 11th oct

Photos and reports from past events
Nick Wright

BMW other

Dealer Visit - Sytner Sheffield - Sunday, 11th oct

Post by Nick Wright »

Having offered much support by way of tombola and Prize Draw prizes for our concours at Chatsworth we have now confirmed an Open morning for us at SYTNER SHEFFIELD from 10.00am till lunchtime.
They shall have some new models available for viewing and (poss) some test drives, guided tour of the workshop where they will have a couple of technicians if anyone wishes to have their cars inspected, and visit to their AWARD winning bodyshop. They will also put on some light refreshments.
The management and our contact Glen Slater- Parts manager have been keen to get more involved with the car club so a good turnout would be much appreciated from both sides.

This can be followed by an afternoon drive into the Peak District with a late lunch somewhere nice.

Please PM me if you want to come - name and car details please.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Nick, I'll be up for that pm sent :wink:

There are plenty of active forum members around those parts so should get a few Z's there :drive
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Nick has asked me to run a confirmed list so come on you guys, may be the last get together before winter sets in good and proper :bawl:

Sytner address

Sytner Sheffield
Hollis Croft
Broad Lane
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
S1 3BU

Confirmed:

Jonttt - ///M Z3 Roadster
Canman - 1.9 Z3 Roadster
Aceman - 2.8 Z3 Roadster
JohnWayne - ///M Z34 Roadster

Interested:

C_W - ///M Z3 Coupe
CT - ///M Z4 Roadster
Last edited by Jonttt on Wed 30 Sep, 2009 15:14, edited 5 times in total.
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

count me in. PM sent.

come on you local lads / lasses soon be winter .

if its peeing it down then might come in the peugeot :D :D

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

I'm interested in this, can meet up and head over with a couple of other Coupes, jontt?
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

c_w wrote:I'm interested in this, can meet up and head over with a couple of other Coupes, jontt?
C_W sounds good, assuming its Liverpool - Manchester M62 and then either via M60 leeds and A1(M) or M60 Stockport/glossop (much more fun) then I'm on the M6/M62 junction at Winwick so could meet anywhere on those routes.

My brother may come along in his Z4m as well.
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Jonttt wrote
come on you guys, may be the last get together before winter sets in good and proper :bawl:
Typical - almost on my doorstep except that SWDZ4 has arranged for us to visit our son in Edinburgh that weekend :head: Will also probably have to go in the Citroen so I can take tools, etc as his car is due a service :head:
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Thats a shame Zed carer, sounds like plenty of free coffee on tap :wink:

Have a good trip
Nick Wright

BMW other

Post by Nick Wright »

Thanks for the interest you guys - please post up as soon as you know you are coming so that I can prepare a guest list.
Regards
Nick
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Count me in guys, looking forward to this one. :D
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
johnwayne

M roadster S50

Sytner Visit 11th October

Post by johnwayne »

Hi-talk about coals to Newcastle !! After 25 years at this dealership I pretty well know every oil-slick. Great bunch of guys and facilities.
BUT-parking can be horrendous so be prepared :squeeze:

Would love to visit again and meet up with you again, following the meet at Harewood-so count me in.

Is there a run into the Peak District planned? -weather permitting should be a great day out. See you there [/img]
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

John, you may have reason to keep that hard top on, sorry I missed you at Harewood but would be good to see those wheels of yours :wink:

This is a BMW club meet so should be plenty of non Z's there as well and hopefully some sort of run into the Peaks (its on my way home so will be driving them twice :D )

Will put you down as confirmed
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

hi, just a reminder any local guys and gals about tomorrow morning. just pm Nick Wright if you fancy coming. i think there's a few coming and you get to see jontt's zed , which im looking forward too. be nice to meet some of you :D
kind of hoping to test drive the new Z4 too

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Oh the pressure :D

I'm looking forward to the drive over, weather looks pretty good for tomorrow so heated seats on, roof down :drive
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Very enjoyable meet.

good to see JohnWayne and Aceman again and to meet Canman (and his mate who needs converting from a TT :devil: ). Of course the Zed's were the first to arrive :drive but was a good turnout of BMW's. Just the right number of people to create an atmosphere but not too many to be overcrowded.

Sytner really put some effort in, bringing in extra staff to show us around, laying on food and refreshments and showing everyone around their facilities.

Thanks for inviting us Nick :wink:

I didn't really take any pics of the meet itself but did get one of JohnWaynes gorgeous S50 as they gave a free inspection on the ramp (and it wasn't just becuase John worked there for over 20 years, they offered it to anyone :D )

I didn't manage to make the Peak District drive afterwards as I'd arranged to go over to Doncaster first but the sun came out and some top down motoring was in order in the afternoon :drive
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Once again thanks to Nick for inviting us it was a great day despite me not making it for the afternoons drive. Sytner certainly put in an impressive show and felt every bit of the family they portraid, if I lived closer I would use them and to finish the day off for me I go and win the top raffle prize a BMW ///M T-shirt. :D
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
ALM

M roadster S50

Post by ALM »

The silver M looks fantastic. What wheels are on that car?
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

great to meet you guys , and get to see those fab cars you have. yes am jealous :bawl: one day i'll a M .
many thanks to Nick for inviting us and thanks to Sytner for putting on the hospitality.
really enjoyed the day and i look forward to having an afternoon drive in the future with the Z3's.

need to get my light units in the oven now jonttt , with the sunday roast .

will keep you updated :lol:

Desiro

M roadster S50

Post by Desiro »

johnwaynes M looks fantastic even with the hard top fitted 8-)

Think I will put mine on now.

It's a real shame I could'nt make especially when I only live around the corner. Unfortunately we had to attend a wedding in York Saturday and stayed overnight.

it sounds like you all had a great day.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

ALM wrote:The silver M looks fantastic. What wheels are on that car?
ALM, they are Hartge, John got them second hand and they are superb (jammy or what :wink: )

Canman, Your well on your way to making that Z of yours a keeper I can tell, keep us posted with your winter projects :wink: (I'll put a bet on what your lads first car will be :D )
Nick Wright

BMW other

Post by Nick Wright »

Jonttt wrote:Very enjoyable meet.

Thanks for inviting us Nick :wink:
You're all more than welcome. I'm glad some of you came along and enjoyed it.
Nick
johnwayne

M roadster S50

Sytner visit

Post by johnwayne »

Hi,just to echo all the comments from the lads,really good meet and nice to see all the local guys. Jonttt's S54 looks even better in the flesh and he should be well chuffed with his efforts. It was good of the club to invite us and thanks to Nick and the others who helped on the day.
100GRA
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 100GRA »

Yes, thanks for your efforts in getting the day organised, Nick.

As johnwayne will confirm, I was probably the longest-standing Sytner Sheffield customer on parade on Sunday. I bought my first brand new 320 (the first of six on the trot) in March 1979. In fact, I still haven't got out of the habit of calling it Hallamshire Motor Company. :roll:

I was otherwise occupied during lunchtime/afternoon. Did you all have a good drive out into Derbyshire? Did I hear something about a photoshoot at Great Hucklow? It would be good to see the results.
johnwayne

M roadster S50

Sytner (Sheffield) visit

Post by johnwayne »

Hi 100GRA (Graham) I too was unable to join the others on the run throgh Derbyshire but was able to take a few snaps today on the local moors. Unbelievably I spotted a Z3 Roadster in Arctic silver with hardtop and many shnitzer extras. Hope pics come out o/k-enjoy!
Attachments
pcs of z3
pcs of z3
z3.jpg (5.41 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
z31.jpg
z31.jpg (4.25 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
z32.jpg
z32.jpg (4.12 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
z33.jpg
z33.jpg (4.48 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
z34.jpg
z34.jpg (3.93 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
z35.jpg
z35.jpg (3.73 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

John, you breeding them? :D