BMWCCGB Trackday Cadwell Park now with Pics :)

Photos and reports from past events
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

BMWCCGB Trackday Cadwell Park now with Pics :)

Post by Brian H »

I recently had a day out at Cadwell Park on a BMWCCGB track day (7th May 2013), the event was really well organised and there was a great variety of different BMWs plus a few other marques, some cars were track prepared and other were road cars.

The weather on the day was superb, I arrived at Cadwell Park at 07:30 for registration, unloaded the car off the trailer dropped the top, the top remained down all day.

After the registration process there was a drivers briefing followed by sighter laps around the track behind a circuit pace car, I believe there was approx 60 cars registered for the day.

The track day was an open pit lane format which allows you to go on and off the track at your pleasure, my first couple of laps were tentative laps as I tried to work out the line around the circuit, Wow what a track , I could not stop smiling. After my first session the DSC had cooked the rear brakes so this was turned off from this point.

The BMWCCGB provide 3 ARDS instructors for the day, booking a session with one of them is FOC so I took advantage of this service and what a difference this made, Steve sat in the car with me, let me drive a lap and then guided me from there. The advise given changed the day for me, I was able to drive the track in a smoother quicker style and overall I felt that I had improved a great deal throughout the day.
My car did not miss a beat all day and my brakes did not suffer too much after I had turned off the DSC. What a great day :drive I will certainly be back at Cadwell Park.

I caught up with Duncan (la_vida_diver) and had a good chin wag, and even managed to get a lap or two behind him. Also met Bob and Sharon who came at lunch time to spectate.

Darren Teagles (BMWCCGB) and his son took some 4000 images of the cars on the day so hopefully I will be in a few, I will update when these are available, I cannot wait to see these.

Brian
Last edited by Brian H on Sun 12 May, 2013 10:28, edited 2 times in total.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: BMWCCGB Trackday Cadwell Park

Post by Gazza »

I did a Track Day at Brands Hatch a few years ago, good fun but gladly I didn't get the bug :)

Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

I was trying to get this trackday but my car wasn't ready and I was away over the bank holiday weekend so didn't have time to sort it. Great weather and a great circuit, must have been a good day!
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Looks like another good track day for you Brian. :drive I look forward to seeing the pictures too.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Gazza wrote:I did a Track Day at Brands Hatch a few years ago, good fun but gladly I didn't get the bug :)
This is my second, certainly good fun. Not sure if I have fully caught the bug yet, the jury is still out, just enjoying my car. :drive :drive :drive
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

c_w wrote:I was trying to get this trackday but my car wasn't ready and I was away over the bank holiday weekend so didn't have time to sort it. Great weather and a great circuit, must have been a good day!
It was a great day C_W, would have been good to see you there, I bumped into a guy Matthew with a Estoril blue Z3M Coupe on the day, had a good chin wag.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Ragtop wrote:Looks like another good track day for you Brian. :drive I look forward to seeing the pictures too.
Picture here Ron, just shy of 1000 from Darren Teagles with more to follow from his son I think.

BMWCCGB Cadwell Park Pictures

Edit: Pics now added :D

Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: BMWCCGB Trackday Cadwell Park now with Pics :)

Post by Ragtop »

Great pictures Brian, you were a bit close to those posts on the last picture. I guess you had mastered the track by then and knew where to gain seconds. :lol:
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

stunning pics mate , your confidence is growing big time . you have the perfect set-up trailer the z3 and use the van to haul it about ........ I bet you had a wonderful day :D
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Missed this day as I didn't have my car "ready" in time! Dakar looks really nice in the photos.