2006 Britballrun... 1000 Mile UK Road Trip... Aug Bank Hol

Photos and reports from past events
Thunderball

Not specified

2006 Britballrun... 1000 Mile UK Road Trip... Aug Bank Hol

Post by Thunderball »

Firstly, thank you Giles for granting me permission to post the following :D

2006 Britballrun Event Awareness
Driving can still be a pleasure - The Ultimate UK Road Trip is about to embark. Britballrun 2006 is the only event of its kind on British soil, it is open to any vehicle type and fully authorised by the relevant bodies (MSA & RSAC) It is a trial of navigation, forward planning, decision making and a test of your ability to drive, covering approx 1000 miles around Great Britain over four days period, 25th, 26th, 27th & 28th August, Bank Holiday. IT IS NOT A RACE OR TIMED.

The route will not be disclosed. Participants are free to drive whatever route they think is optimal to get to the next compulsory control/endpoint. The exact route and details of destinations will only be issued upon arrival at each control point.

The total cost of the event is £795 per car entered, this includes accommodation and all meals during the run for both Driver and Navigator (to clarify, this works out at £397.5 each). To secure a place, simply request an application pack via our website and return completed to us ASAP with a deposit of £200. Note: Every penny of the entrance fee is put into the event and not our pockets!

Britballrun also supports the BBC charity Children in Need and Entrants are encouraged to seek sponsorship and donations. Almost £3000 was raised for charity last year and we hope to double that this year.

For more information on the event visit www.britballrun.co.uk - 2005 trailer now available.

Again Many Thanks,
Andy
andy@britballrun.co.uk
Tired of driving... then forget this...
www.BritballRun.co.uk
JAY
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by JAY »

tags wrote::D

Enquiry made!

Work has already offered to pay the entry fee and fuel in way of sponsorship. :shock: Extremely kind gesture.

I have asked the organisers for other info re: sponsors, where to get stickers made, insurance etc.

We may have a zroadster.net entry. Is anybody else considering entering? Or has anybody else got any similar gumball-type experiences they want to share?

Tags
Interested in the drive and getting sponsership.......... but isn't the National BMW meet at Gaydon on at the same time???
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

:D

Enquiry made!

Work has already offered to pay the entry fee and fuel in way of sponsorship. :shock: Extremely kind gesture.

I have asked the organisers for other info re: sponsors, where to get stickers made, insurance etc.

We may have a zroadster.net entry. Is anybody else considering entering? Or has anybody else got any similar gumball-type experiences they want to share?

Tags
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

JAY wrote: Interested in the drive and getting sponsership.......... but isn't the National BMW meet at Gaydon on at the same time???

I didn't know thats when Gaydon was. I went to the Gaydon show last year. I do fancy giving this Britballrun a bash though. Are you up for it JAY? It starts and finishes in the Midlands, maybe connected???

Tags
PaulSutters

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by PaulSutters »

I may be up for it if there is enough interest...
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Its the big Porsche get together that weekend also, little further down than Gaydon, at Eyesham Hall...

garyw
Thunderball

Not specified

Update

Post by Thunderball »

With just 5-weeks to go, the event prep is shaping up well. Don’t miss out on the 2006 event e-mail info@britballrun.co.uk for special offers.

Not sure about Britballrun? Check out the DVD via www.britballrun.co.uk
Tired of driving... then forget this...
www.BritballRun.co.uk
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Can't do this year's as a trip to EuroDisney has already been arranged, but I've just asked for a 2007 application form.

Just got 12 months to think up an appropriate name. A better one than Pingu anyway.
Pingu