Fog lights

Discussions on better road driving, advanced courses and the like
ogII

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Fog lights

Post by ogII »

Now cars have automatic everything (parking sensors, radar, etc) why can't they invent automatic fog lamps? No button or switch for muppets to press the instant a vague misty day comes along, even though you can still read the model badges on the Ford Sierra 6 cars in front of you.

No user sensitivity adjustment needed just fog lights that come on when the car senses you can't see more than 10 feet in front. Its one option I'd pay for on other peoples cars.

Glad I've got that off my chest.

OGII ( after 3 hours of being blinded on the M1)
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I had the same thing happen in rain on the M40 coming back from the Zmas Run, Mr Dick Head in front decided to use his rear fog lights :head: :head: :head:

Gazza.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

I hate that too. Good idea OG II
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

I hate that too. Good idea OG II
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

I think everyone seems to hate fog lights switched on unecessarily. It makes you wonder why its not self regulating. I think a sensor would be quite difficult to configure. Perhaps a timer on the switch so people dont drive with fog lights on forever coupled with brigt warning light to warn the driver. I was once guilty of drving my Focus for week with it on because i didnt see the warning light. :oops:
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Is there one for brake lights too? It's called a HANDbrake not a f***ing PARKing brake. Is it any wonder you only have one out of three brake light bulbs working you f***ing numpty! Ah, that's feels better!

I got behind d**khead in a convertible Saab in the queue for the ferry yesterday. Not only did he sit there with the engine running (no doubt to power his huge amplifier for his choonz), but the brake lights kept coming on on off.... for fifteen minutes. Oh, and again on the ferry! And then he starts up as soon as the first car sets off, never mind that the barrier hadn't even gone for our lane. F***ing numpty!

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc