TV programme on A46 last night

Discussions on better road driving, advanced courses and the like
che

Z4 roadster 2.5i

TV programme on A46 last night

Post by che »

Anyone see that programme last night on C4 about the A46 in Lincolnshire :shock:

I was on that road last Saturday, never realised it was so dangerous, some really heart renching stories on it last night and some real nobbers that got away with outrageously short sentances, one guy was drunk, previously banned 5 times, overtaking dangerously for miles, killed two and got i think 3 years :shock:

Iam sure if the govenment made people watch programmes like that for a few hours when caught speeding instead of/ or with the points it would have a much bigger impact than a £60 fine.

Thoughts are with the families of the lost

Che
Retrofit cruise, Parrot CK3000 bluetooth, Dension ICE link, Roadster solutions clear wind deflector.

CCM 404DS for the weekends :-)
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Oh dear Che,

I'm glad I didn't see it.

I frequently use the A46 when I am on the way to Nottingham/Grantham for work.

I also use the A631, A15 both red routes on a daily basis and the A1 regularly which is also not the safest.

I was told Lincolnshire has 7 x the national average of RTAs.

I try to be very careful.

Welcome to ZR :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
JontyP

M roadster S54

Mmmm - dangerous roads

Post by JontyP »

I know some roads may carry a little more risk than others when it comes to some junctions etc but I really honestly believe that most of these roads aren't "dangerous". I think that is an easy cop-out for some truelly disgusting driving by alot of road users. It's all too easy to say "oh, it's such a dangerous road you know". The most dangerous thing about roads is the idiots using them.

End fo rant.

Jonty