Better Driving Day - August 16th

Discussions on better road driving, advanced courses and the like
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Better Driving Day - August 16th

Post by Brian H »

BMWCCGB are running a better driving day aimed at novice drivers wishing to take their cars on a track. This event will be held at Cadwell Park and is NOT for regular track day participants but is aimed at people who would like to go on track but feel the do not want to jump in at the deep end.
Chris Rossiter, BMWCCMAG March 2014 wrote:The day will be exclusively for novices, drivers of a modest pace, people apprehensive about track days and drivers who just want to learn and develop confidence in themselves and their cars, Race, fast and sporty drivers need not apply on this occasion as the rest of our track calendar is your domain
The date as shown in the BMWCC Magazine has been changed to the 16th August 2014. The price is expected to be just over £200.00 for the day but this has still to be confirmed. I have copied a quote from this months magazine giving a tasted of the format of the day.
Chris Rossiter, BMWCCMAG March 2014 wrote:We're planning to be in paced groups behind instructors all morning. This will be followed by free lapping in the afternoon where strict rules regarding speeds and overtaking will prevail. We plan a relaxed, steady and intimidation free day. I've worked on similar style courses on Motorcycles and the amount the riders learn by slightly under riding all day and being free from pressure is astounding.Many of them come time and time again. I'm confident that our participants will feel the same. It may be, due to the confidence and knowledge they acquire from our modest paced day, that they'll then feel sufficiently equipped to come to our other track days.
To book your day please contact either Nick Wright at nick@bmwcarclubgb.co.uk (07714 805804) or Chris Rossiter at chris@rossiters.co.uk (01485 540000)

This event will be capped at 40 cars so plenty of track time to be had, have a go, you never know, you might just like it :)

If you have any questions please ask, if I do not know the answer I will find out and get back to you.