Booster cushion in an M Roadster - Advice required please

Discussions on better road driving, advanced courses and the like
PaddyG

M roadster S50

Booster cushion in an M Roadster - Advice required please

Post by PaddyG »

All,

Having just gained a young "daughter" with a strong desire to share the ///M with me or her Mum I'm now trying to understand the practicalities.

I understand that booster cushions and airbags are not the ideal combination, but have found some useful advice from RoSPA and the like, what are the experiences and advice from the forum?

Thanks in advance,

Pat
R80TER

M roadster S50

Post by R80TER »

I have taken my niece out a few times in mine, will ask my bro what seat he has.

do you mean a baby or a small child?

IIRC forward facing ones are fine, but backward ones with airbags are a big no no..
Now Car less :-(
RobBruce

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by RobBruce »

Seriosuly, it depends on the size of the child not so much the age.

I think the legal height for a child wearing a seatbelt alone is 120cm, otherwise boosters are required. And obviously babies and v young children need proper childseats.

So without knowing how big the kid is, I'd guess and say booster seat, front facing is fine.

Rob
In God We Trust - everyone else gets PNC'd.
jhb1

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by jhb1 »

Most booster seats should be fine assuming its just the bit you sit on with no back to it.You can pick up an attachment for the belt which makes it fit more comfy- Halfords or Mothercare do them.

Dont forget the shades 8-)
PaddyG

M roadster S50

Post by PaddyG »

Thanks for the replies so far, she is about 5 and a half, about 3.5 stone and tall for her age, so it would be a simpler booster cushion, no back, and definately forward facing, with the seat back as far as possible.