Silver Z3 with chrome gills and chavvy wheels

Seen other zeds? Here's where you can ask
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Silver Z3 with chrome gills and chavvy wheels

Post by Robert T »

On a trailer for "Strictly Confidential" on ITV1, 8pm this evening. Programme looks rubbish, but a tidy Z3 with chrome gills and some rather 'orrible looking 18 or 19" alloys on it. Couldn't identify the model, but it was a post-facelift non-M with the number plate DG52 YOK. Interestingly neither the RAC nor the DVLA have any record of it!

Any takers? :roll:

Edit: Got some screencaps now. The alloys look better when you see them on the stills. They looked like really weedy spokes on the telly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Robert T on Wed 15 Nov, 2006 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

I saw it too, if you're talking about the one running over a garden. Looked like a 1.8. Certainly nobody from this site, who would be mad enough to put their Z through such hell?
wwwwOOOff!!!
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Silver Z3 with chrome gills and chavvy wheels

Post by calbens »

Robert T wrote:On a trailer for "Strictly Confidential" on ITV1, 8pm this evening. Programme looks rubbish, but a tidy Z3 with chrome gills and some rather 'orrible looking 18 or 19" alloys on it. Couldn't identify the model, but it was a post-facelift non-M with the number plate DG52 YOK. Interestingly neither the RAC nor the DVLA have any record of it!

Any takers? :roll:
I can't believe you gained all that info from such a short advert (must be a blokey thing) :puzzle:
I only just managed to see it's colour and the fact it was being driven over the garden lol.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Silver Z3 with chrome gills and chavvy wheels

Post by Robert T »

calbens wrote:I can't believe you gained all that info from such a short advert (must be a blokey thing) :puzzle:
I only just managed to see it's colour and the fact it was being driven over the garden lol.
No mystery - I had recorded a program earlier and the ad break got caught on the end - bit of deft single framing and Bob's your mother's brother. :mrgreen:

To be honest I can't tell the difference between the non-M's apart from the 4-cylinders and even then only if I can see the exhaust. With the post-facelifts I think the rear end is the same regardless of engine size (pre-facelift, the 2.8's had wider arches).

I did try and find a video clip online, but the trailer on the ITV website is not the same as the ad. Might have to see if I can extract a couple of frames from my recorder for you.

Cheers R.
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

That's bizarre. The car is definately a 1.9 pre-facelift, just look at those rear arches!!!! How come it wears a 52 plate, that is totally beyond me.. I guess the plate could be a fake (for tv purposes?)
wwwwOOOff!!!
321bhp

Not specified

hi

Post by 321bhp »

jesus christ,we are getting worse than train spotters on here, :D :D :D
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

komis wrote:That's bizarre. The car is definately a 1.9 pre-facelift, just look at those rear arches!!!! How come it wears a 52 plate, that is totally beyond me.. I guess the plate could be a fake (for tv purposes?)
Wierd, probably so it looks like a newish car without having to buy/find one for this use.

Indicators are orange too, they'd be clear on a 52 plate. Bonnet kidney grills would be chrome too.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Can't see it on my screen caps, but it did have position lights on the front bumper. In the UK the 1.9s didn't have this - AFAIK they were only on the 2.8 and on all US cars - of course on they are on all the post-facelifts. The plate is probably a fake for telly - especially as it doesn't appear to be registered to *anything*! Maybe it is a mystery after all! :?
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: hi

Post by calbens »

321bhp wrote:jesus christ,we are getting worse than train spotters on here, :D :D :D

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thats the effect they have on us :wink:
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Just watched the first episode. The number plate is a fake. It's a pre-facelift 1.9. And for some obscure reason it seems to have a strimmer dubbed over its engine. :nerd:

As to train-spotting - at least we drive a Z's - unlike train-spotters who just hang round cold draughty stations wishing they drove the trains - if only because it's warmer than standing on a cold draughty station! :twisted: :lol:
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

Hahaha :) It's true!! Remember we have a... SPOTTED! section in here as well!!!
wwwwOOOff!!!