A wave at last!!! Topaz Z3 with silver hardtop

Seen other zeds? Here's where you can ask
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Spotted this morning in Altrincham/Timperley on my way to work. Followed me for a couple of miles and gave me a friendly wave. :D

Thank you, whoever you are, you made my day. :P

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Are you sure it was a wave Rob? I've seen similar gestures in my rear view mirror :P
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by calbens »

garythefish wrote:Are you sure it was a wave Rob? I've seen similar gestures in my rear view mirror :P
:roflmao:

Don't listen to him Rob!!! :lol:
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Yes, definitely a wave - simple hand raised slightly off the steering wheel whilst we were both stopped at lights - though he could have been about to catch a sneeze. :roflmao:

I did have someone a while back who must've thought I'd won the lottery or something as he was clearly shaking a bottle of champers. :P

Cheers R.
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

Using the roadster daily at the moment & there seems to be some sort of stand off on such matters, you both look at each other but dont flash or wave just in case there is no aknowledgment back & you feel a total tit... :oops:

I have noticed there are several Z3's apeared local to me just recently, two in topaz but no waving......I'm thinking i will give it up as a bad job or alternatively get a Z4 and have done with it altogether :D
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I think when the Z3 reaches real Classic status things will change :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
TheGriffter

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by TheGriffter »

Ha Ha, Rob, It was me!!

I always wave but often get no response so it is often an awkward decision to make; to wave or not to wave :oops:

Glad I did :)

Griff

PS - I could tell you were a Brooklands Road local by the way you weaved in and out the pot holes like me!!!
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Whahey, we meet at last, Griff. :D :D :D

Brooklands Road is not my normal commute to work, but I do use it quite often - there are too many holes to remember them all, but I usually manage to avoid the worst of them - I wasn't drunk, honest, officer. :wink:

I noticed there is now a really evil trench on the roundabout at the bottom - I nearly fell into it it was that deep. :shock:

Will keep an eye out for you again in future - and now you know my car, you know you'll definitely get a wave back. :P

Cheers R.
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

And finally on the "very" rare time my Z was totally filthy after a weekend excursion through some great country lanes,,,,

early yesterday morning whilst driving down atherleigh bypass (leigh) on my way to birmingham, i got flashed by another topaz blue Z3, i was so shocked i forgot to flash back,:shock:, sorry if your on here...!!

Managed a quick wave though :)
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

They're all miserable f*ckers round here :(
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

OI!

Not all grumpy!

I drive from Woking to Slough everyday, chobham, sunningdale, windsor then slough.

Very near Bracknell!

I'd wave given the cance!

Very few Zeds around, lots of porchses and TTs

One very nice White Z4 coupe nearby somewhere though! I want one!
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

:lol:

OK then not everyone is a grumpy ^%$^% :D and yes this area is full of TT's and Boxsters!

Spurs fan here too :wink:
BarneyBoko

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BarneyBoko »

I see a young lady on the A68 (cricketers Way) in Westhoughton most mornings in a nice green Z3. Also seen a guy in a black Z3 in the shoppers car park in Westhoughton last Friday. There is also a blue one roars past my office in Hindley Green at around 17.00 most nights, everybody has one here.

Barney
FreddyK

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by FreddyK »

I always wave or flash when I meet another Z3 and usually I get a friendly response.

The only problem is that when I'm driving "the other car", I sometimes wave to passing Z3's too (before I realize I'm not in the Z) which usually leads to a surprised frown on the other Z drivers' face.
Freddy

CollyB

Z4 roadster 2.2i

Post by CollyB »

smartypants wrote:They're all miserable f*ckers round here :
Ditto round Garstang, Lancaster, Preston.

Went for a topless thrash yesterday lots of Morgans out, got some smiles. I've come to the conclusion that Z4 drivers are an unfriendly bunch (present company excepted :D )
100GRA
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 100GRA »

BarneyBoko wrote:I see a young lady on the A68 (cricketers Way) in Westhoughton most mornings in a nice green Z3.
A58, me thinks. The A68 is the road over Carter Bar into Scotland.
BarneyBoko

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BarneyBoko »

Got me ! Dont even know where I am.