Several miserable b*ggers around Furness

Seen other zeds? Here's where you can ask
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Several miserable b*ggers around Furness

Post by Robert T »

Had a little trip to Barrow on Friday afternoon. Spotted no less than four zeds *all* with the roofs up and didn't get much in the way of an acknowledgement from any of them. :(

First was a silver Z3 heading away from Barrow early in the afternoon and the third one may have been the same zed heading back towards Barrow later in the afternoon. Flashed and waved in both directions - no response. :(

Second was dark blue (most prob. Montreal) Z3 heading away from Barrow early in the afternoon - somewhere near Ulverston. Couldn't flash because of traffic, but waved anyway.

Fourth was a black Z3 heading towards Barrow near Swarthmoor. I waved but can't remember if I flashed as well.

I was in my silver Z3 going the other way and my mum was more than happy to have the roof down!

Didn't quite get as far as Walney, sorry. And I should correct myself - it was my mum that used to go across the bridge every day for school.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
vzh7gk
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by vzh7gk »

Not had any response to my waves either...

Don't get that with Morgans - it's more like a brief party if you see another one :lol:

Cheers,
Graham (G4FUJ)
Prescott marshal and Hill Controller
Found another Z3 so back here after a long break :) 1999 1.9, Palmetto Green
1 Morgan 4/4 (selling in Spring) and a Land Rover 90 (keeping forever)
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

vzh7gk wrote:Don't get that with Morgans - it's more like a brief party if you see another one :lol:
It's probably all the little woodworms doing a mexican wave. :D

Some zeds do wave, and I get more responses if they also have their roofs down, but it is strange - when I'm in the frog, almost every classic car will give me a wave - I even had a friendly wave from an Aston Martin once! :shock:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

Robert T wrote:I even had a friendly wave from an Aston Martin once! :shock:
Cheers R.
Happened to me that as well, we both had the top down. Then again he might just have fancied Pam who was in the passenger seat :D
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
vzh7gk
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by vzh7gk »

Robert T wrote: It's probably all the little woodworms doing a mexican wave. :D

... but it is strange - when I'm in the frog, almost every classic car will give me a wave - I even had a friendly wave from an Aston Martin once! :shock:
Cheers R.
:roflmao: :roflmao:

Very good Robert :!:
Know what you mean about classics - I now wave at any classic motor when I'm out in the '76 4/4 and apart from a very occasional one they all wave back! Just yesterday that included an MGBGT, big Healey and a rather large saloon that may have been Riley, the only boring one was a Midget (chrome bumper), but he may have been looking the other way!

Cheers,
Graham (G4FUJ)
Prescott marshal and Hill Controller
Found another Z3 so back here after a long break :) 1999 1.9, Palmetto Green
1 Morgan 4/4 (selling in Spring) and a Land Rover 90 (keeping forever)