How rude!

Seen other zeds? Here's where you can ask
chris1984_99_99

Z3 roadster 2.0

How rude!

Post by chris1984_99_99 »

Yesterday driving through Dundonald near where I live, I pulled up beside a dark purple Z3 at a set of lights. The (older aged) couple glanced over at me, i smiled and waved...and they totally blanked me out, the fella actually putting his arm on the window. I thought, what ignorant t*ts and they couldnt make it any more obvious! Whats worse is i know where they live as I see the car parked up all the time going home and have often admired it, before I got my own, and even since, I always look for it as I drive past. Some people!!

This sideways motion is feeling all too familiar...
Richardenigma

M coupe S52

Post by Richardenigma »

Sadly ownership of Z3s isn't restricted to the pleasant & friendly...its quite likely that this couple you describe are universally disliked...I refuse to be rebuffed by such experiences and continue to wave like a mad person next time I see a Z3... :wink:
2002 Z3 Coupe 3.0i Auto LHD 1999 Z3M Roadster RHD
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

Went for a drive last Saturday and passed five Z4's, from four no reaction, from one a dirty look!

Also passed two Z3's, got waves from both, but then a finger to the forehead, as I still have my hardtop on. :lol:

HT. :oops:
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Probably because you was not in a Z1 :D :D
Open and close with German style and ingenuity!
Dave'z3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Dave'z3 »

I've seen a few z3s in the short time I've had mine...and every time I do i want to rush back and post on here to say "HI FRIEND!". But where I live people tend to be a bit snobby and pretentious and instead of noticing that you have a zed car they would rather look at the age and assume that you got the one you have because you couldn't stretch to the one they have.

Have to say though I've had more waves from z3 owners than I ever have from any other car I've had. Still getting used to looking out for them as I missed a wave from a couple in Lincoln the other day and was GUTTED when I caught the wave out the corner of my eye...must have looked like a flash young kid...GUTTED!
Factor 30? Check! Keys? Check! Grin? Check!

Progress/Damage report: http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 784#310784
Photo thread: http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
Sorry if this is cheeky, but Business venture: http://www.fixtechsolutions.com
rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

I waved at a woman in a black Z3 on the M621 in Leeds today. I thought she waved back, but then I realised she was tipping ash off her cigarette!
Obviously not a member of this forum?!
Nobody on here would smoke in their beloved Zed....surely.....would they???
chris1984_99_99

Z3 roadster 2.0

Only if im on fire, and I generally try to avoid that as I find it detrimental to my general health and well being!

Its true there are some outright ignorant and strange folk out there, all I can say is their cars are wasted on them, it honestly makes me beam from cheek to cheek when I pass another Z3 and they wave or flash, little amuses the innocent I guess!.... :)

bigbadcol

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by bigbadcol »

I do smoke,but so far refesuse to to smoke in the zed,company car no worries,Zed,no way......!!
Dave'z3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Dave'z3 »

chris1984_99_99 wrote:Only if im on fire, and I generally try to avoid that as I find it detrimental to my general health and well being!
*my zeds
Factor 30? Check! Keys? Check! Grin? Check!

Progress/Damage report: http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 784#310784
Photo thread: http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
Sorry if this is cheeky, but Business venture: http://www.fixtechsolutions.com
skeete

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by skeete »

If you ever see a Cosmos Black Z3 3.0 around Maidenhead or Berks make sure you wave. It would make my day to get away waving at a stranger in a similar car with a weird childish grin on my face.

Seriously.. Please wont someone wave at me !
chris1984_99_99

Z3 roadster 2.0

Richardenigma

M coupe S52

Post by Richardenigma »

2002 Z3 Coupe 3.0i Auto LHD 1999 Z3M Roadster RHD
Ekhangell

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Ekhangell »

I've been extremally pissed off recently, as I saw two Zeds in two days very close to me, so that I could greet them and talk BUT I was driving a damn Renault Clio II, as my beauty was having its side mirrors repainted.

And seeing a Z3 in my town really IS a rare thing. Argh.
Last edited by Ekhangell on Fri 29 Apr, 2011 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a native speaker; sorry for eventual spelling/grammar mistakes.

1996 1.9 - old and shitty, but still Z3!
rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

That's very typical.
I hope you mean "pissed off" rather than "pissed" if you were driving your Clio!
pedro20001

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by pedro20001 »

having owned my 2.2 titanium edition z3 for 4 months I always wave at other z3's :D was surprised when i followed a nice topaz blue 2.8 near Tamworth and when I was behind him, he booted it and pulled straight into the outside lane and buggered off :!:
whether he thought i was in a 3.0 beast, not my little 2.2 :!: must be a cubic inch thing :lol:

felt better when saw a silver z3 today reg C12 *** near lakeside with a nice couple in who waved back, nice feeling, reminds me of owning my 1961 landy many moons ago :!:
KEEP WAVING :!:
pedro20001

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by pedro20001 »

having owned my 2.2 titanium edition z3 for 4 months I always wave at other z3's :D was surprised when i followed a nice topaz blue 2.8 near Tamworth and when I was behind him, he booted it and pulled straight into the outside lane and buggered off :!:
whether he thought i was in a 3.0 beast, not my little 2.2 :!: must be a cubic inch thing :lol:

felt better when saw a silver z3 today reg C12 *** near lakeside with a nice couple in who waved back, nice feeling, reminds me of owning my 1961 landy many moons ago :!:
KEEP WAVING :!:
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I wave to zeds if I see any, but I have to say that almost ANY classic car will wave back if I am out in the frog - I got a wave from an Inspector Morse Jaguar this afternoon! :lol:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Robert T wrote:I got a wave from an Inspector Morse Jaguar this afternoon! :lol:
Are you sure he wasn't trying to flag you down for speeding/insurance/due care etc ?
Image :devil:
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Titan wrote:Are you sure he wasn't trying to flag you down for speeding/insurance/due care etc ?
Wasn't speeding, have valid insurance and tax and had just carefully negotiate a rather bumpy level crossing. :lol:

I got a wave from a Morgan three-wheeler last weekend - all nutters together! :D

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I always give a :thumb: to any classic car I like or top-downer in cold weather when I'm out (even when I'm in my van).

I wouldn't wave to a Z3 as most owners just treat them as lumps of metal, but if you wave at me, I'll wave back.

Smart car drivers wave at each other, unless they work for Dominos and have been given it as a company car. I cannot understand why they are so upset about having such a cool car as a company car :roll: .
Pingu
Sheri3663

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Sheri3663 »

I spotted about four yesterday on a run out around ilkley and skipton. Didn't get a single flash of lights or wave..... Gutted
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

We went out on a lovely drive around rural Essex & Suffolk today. We saw four other Z3's. One red & tatty in Newmarket (woman driver who totally ignored our wave), then a blue coupe near Gt Bradley (looked almost insulted when we flashed our lights) & after that we saw a very nice black one in Gt Yeldham. Both the occupants waved & smiled at us. Last of all we saw a nice blue example near Sizewell. The guy driving that ignored us too. Ah well! We enjoyed our day out in the Zed with the roof down anyway... A particularly funny moment was in Finchingfield, we were travelling very slowly through the village behind an MGTF. As we went past a crowd of people, we heard a woman say 'That MG is lovely!' (which it was), but her husband said 'No, I'd rather that BMW behind it, any day'. Obviously a man of good taste! :)
BigDave

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by BigDave »

Well, if you want a wave that will mke your day, then plan a trip to Lincoln.
There is a dark green Z that I have seen a few times around the Waddington area, lady driver.
First time i saw it, gave a wave and got a flash and wave back. The next day I saw the same car so gave a flash and wave. The enthusiasm with which this was returned made me smile for the rest of the evening. Try and imagine greeting the love of your life after they have been away for 6 months and you will be getting close, and I could see she had a big smile on her face too.
Don't know if its someone on here, but thats more of what we need.

Dave
chris1984_99_99

Z3 roadster 2.0

Haha indeed that guy did have good taste! I like the story even more as my brother in law drives a MGTF and while its a nice enough looking motor...there just isnt any comparison! Its amazing what difference a smile or wave can do! A few weeks ago I was in Scotland and saw a nice dark blue Z3 parked in Helensburgh.. then a few days later the same car in the same place had just parked and the lady driver was getting out as I was going past... I was stopped at a junction and she actually came over and started talking! Pity im not colour blind and I could have ignored the light when it turned green!

Z3Topaz22

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Z3Topaz22 »

Well, there is a thought that I have been having, what about the idea of there being a little members intro card that could be passed to other Z owners to get them onto the forum.

Alternatively I had the idea of a rear window sticker (www.zroadster.net) which is perfect until the sun shines and the roof goes down!!!

Any thoughts?

Cheers :thumb:

Shaun
Driving for pleasure.... not for purpose!

2001/Y BMW Z3 2.2i Roadster / Topaz Blue

ImageImageImageImage
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

Z3Topaz22 wrote:
Alternatively I had the idea of a rear window sticker (www.zroadster.net) which is perfect until the sun shines and the roof goes down!!!

Any thoughts?
Here you go. :idea:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17003
HT

Leg Puller
Micky Taker
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

How rude.

Post by Hard Top »

Went to my favorite shop this morning, an old fashioned wine & spirits emporium, where you can still park your car on the door step.
The owner is a friend of mine, so we were sat having a coffee in his office as we watched a chap spend fifteen minuets walking around my car.

He came in the to shop and asked who owned the Z as he would like to swap his 09-2004 Audi A3 2.0 Fsi Pro Line Business for it. :shock:

How rude.
HT

Leg Puller
Micky Taker
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: How rude.

Post by Titan »

Hard Top wrote:He came in the to shop and asked who owned the Z as he would like to swap his 09-2004 Audi A3 2.0 Fsi Pro Line Business for it. :shock:

How Rude!
Oh I don't know ....
How much was the cash balance he offered ? :D
Image :devil: