saw jarvis at hubbard upholstery have rear screen done

Seen other zeds? Here's where you can ask
pete59

Z3 roadster 2.0

saw jarvis at hubbard upholstery have rear screen done

Post by pete59 »

Met jarvis today in loughboro in his silver 2.8 geting his rear screen replaced,had a good chat.
JAV11S

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: saw jarvis at hubbard upholstery have rear screen done

Post by JAV11S »

Hi Pete! Its JAV11S by the way! :oops:

Very pleased with the result, he was done in about an hour dead and I'm enjoyed the novelty of being able to see out of the back window again! As happy as you can be spending £125 to fix something I was happy. Shame you saw the car Saturday, on Sunday I got my other wheels on, and thoroughly cleaned/waxed it so its rather a different beast again, and would have looked less out of place next to your green machine! :)

JAV11S
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Ive got a screen, and im going to have a go at fitting it sat.

mark

The 'BEAST' 666
JAV11S

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by JAV11S »

Badman gee wrote:Ive got a screen, and im going to have a go at fitting it sat.

mark
Gary made it looks quite easy, but I would think its rather harder than it looks. Like any zip if you end up 'cross threading' (or whatever the zip terminology is for this) then you weaken the teeth and and its hard to get it going again, like any zip! He said if it hadn't been messed with before then it helps. Check if yours old window is a genuine one (with a BMW stamp and part number).

Assume you have a brand new BMW one? Hubbards make a new screen to match your old one, so in theory its a match for the shape which has likely warped/stretched/shrunk over time. I imagine yours will be a perfect shape, so hopefully as long as your hood hasnt changed much it should be ok.

JAV11S