Bmw i8

Seen other zeds? Here's where you can ask
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Bmw i8

Post by peter2b »

Saw my first bmw i8 when I was stuck in traffic thought I would take a photo nought I know I thought the traffic had stopped wrong thought my phone was zooming in nearly got a i8 front end
Peter2b
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Bmw i8

Post by Robert T »

There is a white one lives round here somewhere as I keep seeing it. I had a good look over one at Tatton last year. Very nice looking car, but unless you only want to take a sandwich box with you for luggage, they are a bit impractical. I think you'd finish up using the back seats as a boot, which is a bit pants. Still if I had 90k to splash on one, it would be fun finding out! :D

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

Hi all. Yes - something very different and I have seen two examples - albeit both stationary and at dealers. One at Bowker BMW,Preston and the other at Lloyd BMW,Blackpool.
When casually enquiring I was told that the two examples were circa £109,000.
Probably best suited to the James Bond type image or maybe even his lesser seen cousin Basildon Bond,he has been made virtual history since the introduction of E'mails and Text Messages and the massively prohibitive cost of Snail Mail.

I was informed that they were actually used in the American Version of James Bond albeit turned-down for the British production.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

I seem to see more than my fair share of i8s. I think I'm up to 4 or 5 now. But then I do drive 30,000 miles a year...

My lad belongs to the U17 driving club and they have a Magic Day once a year where members and their friends/associates turn up with their exotica to take you round the circuit (Castle Combe) for a small donation to charity. Sadly we only had time for a go in the Police traffic car that was there.

How about this for an eye catcher. It literally did catch my eye as I drove in to Trainer BMW in Swansea and I was distracted almost long enough to nearly drive into the row of cars for sale on the other side of the narrow access road! However bright it looks here it was 10x brighter in real life. You needed shades!

ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)