Grey Z3 2.8 facelift parked next to me in Helmsley

Seen other zeds? Here's where you can ask
BeemerBoyo

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Grey Z3 2.8 facelift parked next to me in Helmsley

Post by BeemerBoyo »

Parked my Titan Silver 2.2 Sport in the main pay and display in Helmsley on Sunday 30th October. Came back to find a 2.8 facelift in grey parked next to me, nice car had black comfort seats, aircon and trip computer.

Waited for a while but no sign of the owner.

I think this chap has let me past a month or so ago on the back road from Chop Gate to Helmsley (very kind but would have behaved myself for a mini convoy!)

That's my favorite road in North Yorkshire.

Oh well the Z3 has now gone into hibernation until March 2017. Fleece cover on, fuel tank low, handbrake off and out of gear with fresh engine, gearbox and diff oil plus new MOT.

All ready for the spring.
2002 E37 BMW Z3 2.2 Sport
2008 E93 BMW 3 series 325i m sport convertible

Previous BMW cars

2007 E87 BMW 1 series 120D
2013 F21 BMW 1 series 120D
Beemer Man

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Grey Z3 2.8 facelift parked next to me in Helmsley

Post by Beemer Man »

Hi BeemerBoyo,

It was me, Beemer Man from Harrogate, who was parked next to you in Helmsley on Sunday. Sorry I missed you-I think we may have met at CITP Newby Hall in May?

You're to be congratulated on maintaining your Zed in such spotless condition. I don't know how far you'd driven, but I thought mine was clean.....!

We were on our way to Goathland Station, over the moors via Hutton-le-Hole, Castleton, Danby and Egton Bridge. The moorland stretch has a particularly smooth surface, though perhaps not as picturesque a route as the Helmsley to Stokesley road you mentioned.

Hope to see you at Newby Hall next May.

Beemer Man.
BeemerBoyo

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BeemerBoyo »

Hi BeemerMan,

I have just got your message, been pretty busy!

Sorry we missed each other, we could have had a pot of tea and a natter!

I really appreciate your comments about our car - the body is clay barred and has 3 coats of synthetic McGuire wax on it from the USA.

Yours is pretty smart too!

Yes as you say maybe we will meet at Newby in Spring 2017, we may have met in 2016 did not go in 2015 as we were away. Usually park near Bill (Zedcarer) for his zero calorie home baking!

Have a great Christmas and here's to a a full on 2017 calendar of zed events!

Mike

Previous BMW cars

Beemer Man

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Beemer Man »

Hi Mike,

Looking back at the CITP Photo Gallery from Newby Hall last May I realise that I wasn't the only one impressed by your Z3 (Reg.D*02**M) when I saw it again in Helmsley, as there are no less than three close-up photos of it, taken by the official photographer (photos #469;470 and 474 out of a total 526). Most cars managed a single photo if they were lucky!. We were parked several cars along from you (photo #479) and I distinctly recall having conversations with you, Zed Carer and your respective other halves.

I'm currently using Collinite 476S wax as the top coat, having moved from AG HD Wax several years ago.

Come this Spring, we have to decide what we're going to do with our Z3, which we've now owned for six years, but which is used relatively little. We have two convertibles in the household and as my wife's late NA MX-5, which has been a daily driver for the past 12 years, has now been replaced by a MINI Cooper, the Mazda will fall into the same category of usage as the Z3. I still have my E60 525i for longer journeys/4+ seats, which I retained following my retirement 3 years ago, so we're currently a 4 car household!

A difficult decision lies ahead, particularly as the Z3 wants for nothing, having been serviced and maintained regardless of cost during our ownership. Life wouldn't be quite the same without the seamless torque and sound of the 6-pot 2.8 engine!

Hope to see you again at Newby Hall.

Regards,

Terry.
BeemerBoyo

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BeemerBoyo »

hmm, that's not my car its CP52FCY.

But I do keep it well polished so if you thought it looked in good nick I thank you for your kind words!

Have a good Christmas.

mike

Previous BMW cars

Beemer Man

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Beemer Man »

I must confess I didn't make a note of your reg when I saw it in Helmsley, but I do remember it was a late 2002 car in Titan Silver, so when I saw the car in the CITP Gallery pics I assumed it was yours. Hopefully they'll both be at Newby Hall in May.

You have a good Christmas too.

Terry.