Inspection 1

For the M Powered Z4 derivatives
beemingallover

Z4 M roadster

Inspection 1

Post by beemingallover »

My 2006 Z4MR is due an inspection1 (69k mls), the local BMW dealer has quoted £231, seems a bit cheap, too cheap! Although not as major as inspec 2, it's still a major service. Worried about getting a decent job done. I recently had the brakes discs/pads replaced so those are excluded.
2006 Z4M roadster. Interlagos Blue/Sepang.
2009 M3 coupe (E92) manual. Silverstone Blue/Black.
1986 M635Csi manual. Lachs Silver/Black.
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Inspection 1

Post by Del »

Always best in my view to go with BMW as long is the price is right. I suspect your M model needs special oil - 10W-60? and one can never be sure what a smaller, high street garage sticks in. I guess that includes the price of oil, oil filter, pollen filter and a general check over? I know that brake fluid changes are normally extra.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I thought BMW insp 1 on a Z4M was about £700, and £1100 for an insp2
Thats how much it was when I had mine

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I had a price for an Insp 1 from BMW a few years ago, £400 so I booked it in using the reg number as reference.

When I collected the car the invoice was for £800, obviously I queried it and was told 'it's a M model sir !', I said it was an M model when I booked it in, he said 'oh the reg number didn't show on our system so we didn't know it was an M model until we started on it'. After lots of heated argument they knocked the price down to £600, I paid but wasn't happy :evil:

My advice is tell them the model of the car in full.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
beemingallover

Z4 M roadster

Post by beemingallover »

Been back to the dealer and had to almost insist that the Inspection 1 was more to it than an oil change, after some kerfuffle some bod came on the line and said that I was right, valve clearances would be checked and that would be £619 please sir! Knew I was wasting my time saying that the quote was originally £231, apparently the guy I had originally booked with was new and unaware of Z4M specialities! Not good, they need to be trained up straight off.
2006 Z4M roadster. Interlagos Blue/Sepang.
2009 M3 coupe (E92) manual. Silverstone Blue/Black.
1986 M635Csi manual. Lachs Silver/Black.