Z4 M recall - control line

For the M Powered Z4 derivatives
Graeme_C

Z4 M roadster

Z4 M recall - control line

Post by Graeme_C »

Had a text message from the dealer I bought my Z4 M from this morning so rang them back to find out there is a recall on the car. Apparently the wiring harness that holds the control line (wiring to the fuel pump) can be become pinched when the battery is fitted. They have asked to have the car for an hour to re-route wiring to the pump. Has anyone else heard of this? (I don't have the BMW recall # )
Simmer
Z Register member

BMW other

Re: Z4 M recall - control line

Post by Simmer »

Graeme_C wrote:Had a text message from the dealer I bought my Z4 M from this morning so rang them back to find out there is a recall on the car. Apparently the wiring harness that holds the control line (wiring to the fuel pump) can be become pinched when the battery is fitted. They have asked to have the car for an hour to re-route wiring to the pump. Has anyone else heard of this? (I don't have the BMW recall # )
had mine in before, there are a couple of new ones as well, just take it in would be my suggestion
ImageImage
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

Correct, it is a recall issue.

(Don't you believe your dealer then?)
Jules75

Z4 M roadster

Post by Jules75 »

I had mine checked automatically by the dealer during its service - I didn't know about it. No reported problems and no corrective action was needed.
Giles wrote:IMHO the Z4 generally tends to appeal to people that want to own a nice car and not those that want to drive a nice car.
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

Jules75 wrote:I had mine checked automatically by the dealer during its service - I didn't know about it. No reported problems and no corrective action was needed.
The fault has only just been identified Jules. Cars arriving at Thorne last week were held for a few extra days to have the issue rectified. I got the call from my dealer on Monday.

If I were you I'd be contacting your dealer and asking the question. After all, you don't want to mess with fuel line problems, do you? :)
Jules75

Z4 M roadster

Post by Jules75 »

My car was in on Monday, so the dealer knew about the problem.
Giles wrote:IMHO the Z4 generally tends to appeal to people that want to own a nice car and not those that want to drive a nice car.
Daneborough

Z4 M roadster

Post by Daneborough »

Graeme_C wrote:Had a text message from the dealer I bought my Z4 M from this morning so rang them back to find out there is a recall on the car. Apparently the wiring harness that holds the control line (wiring to the fuel pump) can be become pinched when the battery is fitted. They have asked to have the car for an hour to re-route wiring to the pump. Has anyone else heard of this? (I don't have the BMW recall # )
Received an email from my dealer last week regarding this - unfortunately it's a four hour drive (each way) to my closest dealer so the hour they want will have to wait until I have a more important reason to make the trip!
2006 Z4M - Black Sapphire/Sepang Bronze Light
2007 335i Convertible - Black Sapphire/Black
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Daneborough wrote:
Received an email from my dealer last week regarding this - unfortunately it's a four hour drive (each way) to my closest dealer so the hour they want will have to wait until I have a more important reason to make the trip!
Which way do you go to Malton????? I'm sure I could do that in about 20 minutes.

York isn't that far either!

Or is Scarborough just a ruse to throw us off the scent :mrgreen: (I notice the flag BTW)
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Daneborough

Z4 M roadster

Post by Daneborough »

stu wrote:
Daneborough wrote:
Which way do you go to Malton????? I'm sure I could do that in about 20 minutes.

York isn't that far either!

Or is Scarborough just a ruse to throw us off the scent :mrgreen: (I notice the flag BTW)
Scarborough is my home address (40km north of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) - currently have a contract in Mackay, North Queensland - about 1,000km north of Scarborough and 400km south of Townsville (nearest dealer).
2006 Z4M - Black Sapphire/Sepang Bronze Light
2007 335i Convertible - Black Sapphire/Black