Tyres Ordered

For the M Powered Z4 derivatives
Roaders

BMW other

Tyres Ordered

Post by Roaders »

It's not that ideal that with only 10,000 miles on the clock I was faced with a £1,000+ bill for tyres!!! However in the end I think I got quite a good deal.

I took the car in because the original rears were getting quite low - down to about 3mm and I had a slwo puncture in the front nearside. Of course they couldn't fix the slow puncture as the nail was too close to the side wall so I needed 3 new tyres.

Despite the other front being pretty near new I decided to go for a whole new set as I wanted to change to PS2's anyway and Budget has an offer on Michelins - buy 3 get 1 free.

Anyway, the guy got a quote for the tyres up on his screen and the expression on his face was not promising. He apologised and showed me the screnn - £1080 or something along those lines. That was before the discount though, he took 25% off the whole job and not jsut the tyres which brought it down to about £780.

That was a lot better but I explained that I was expecting to pay between £600 and £700 anf that I could get them for around this price from blackcircles.com. He fiddled with the numbers and finally got the price down to £695.

I was happy with that and ordered them. It might be a little more expensive than if I had ordered online but I have used the garage many times before and trust them and it's close to where I live.

THe car is also in for it's first service at the moment so it's quite an expensive Z time at the moment!
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

10 000 miles for a set of tyres ,nice to see you are using the //M :D .
any sign of a day run sometime I put up a couple nice roads here
http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

I am still looking for a good road to knowhere though
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
johnnyuk

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by johnnyuk »

That's a good price! :shock:

After running over a 2" bolt after 600 miles (yes, six hundred), I had to pay £192 fitted for ONE rear RFT tyre on my 3.0 Sport Coupe....and that wasn't at a dealer....
Kipper

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Kipper »

After running over a 2" bolt after 600 miles (yes, six hundred), I had to pay £192 fitted for ONE rear RFT tyre on my 3.0 Sport Coupe....and that wasn't at a dealer
Blimey, where are you buying your tyres from. I've just ordered a full set of Eagle F1's from Black Circles for £302 delivered for my 3 litre.

OK I don't pay VAT in Jersey but even with VAT they are £82 each plus £30 delivery, will probably cost £10 a corner to have fitted.

Service was 1st class with e mails being answered straight away, great website for tyre tests too.

Pain it the rs having to buy a new tyre after 600 miles, they're just scrubbed in. I'd ran over a screw and although the tyre didn't go down when removed, I didn't want to find the integrity had been breached when driving enthusiastically.

As for a grand on the M, what the hell tyres do they have!

Footnote - I was quoted £440 in Jersey for Toyo Proxey's fitted, Black Circles was £150 cheaper, so much so that I upgraded to F1's and still saved money.