Had a Z4 3.0i now thinking of a Z4M

For the M Powered Z4 derivatives
texasjohn

BMW other

Had a Z4 3.0i now thinking of a Z4M

Post by texasjohn »

There are some great deals about at the moment so I am seriously considering a Z4M

Is there anything in particular to watch out for in terms of problems specific to the Z4M R, over and above the general stuff concerning the regular models?

I know to look out for the 1200mile service but that's about it. I understand that they do not have RFTs either. 8-)
550i Touring

stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Not heard of anything nagative John. Normal steering and none RFT's too!
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Some great deals to be had at the moment. Even better deals I suspect in a years time when the remainder of the BMW Select cars hit the market.

I'd love a Z4M Coupe 8-)
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

There are some fantastic deals to be had now.

My brother has just picked up an absolute mint 56 plate Z4m with 12k on the clock, fully loaded apart from TV and individual leather for less than £18k from a main dealer! (It even has the top spec hifi which is rare) He got nearly £6k off the sticker price :shock: (and a free BMW Sauber umbrella :lol: )

He is absolutley chuffed to bits, but its stuck in the garage until the weather gets better :bawl: He was going to wait and was just getting an idea of specs etc... but could not pass on this deal (he walked out of the dealership twice as he was not that bothered and they phoned him back :D )
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

Z4s in general are where the bargains are to be had at the moment! Just wait until the new one also hits the shelves :)
Zed_Steve

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by Zed_Steve »

smartypants wrote:Z4s in general are where the bargains are to be had at the moment! Just wait until the new one also hits the shelves :)
Yeah, a great time to release a new model Bet theres loads of people queuing up for one.
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

:lol: I doubt we'll see many on the roads too soon!
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Who knows! I guess people will be 'down-sizing' from their Astons and Ferraris with the economy as it is. :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
texasjohn

BMW other

Post by texasjohn »

You never know!

Well, I thought I had the bargain of the year, an 08 plate with half decent spec for only £22000 :shock: (assumed after negotiation, it's up for £22,850)

There had to be a catch and there indeed was...it had missed the 1200 mile service by 1800 miles :head:

Gutted. Complete waste of 2 hours.

Still, it is at Sytner group Volvo Tollbar in Warwick if anyone fancies it.

But I would get in there quick as I was told "we have someone coming to buy it today and you don't want to lose the chance..." :o :lol:

Make of that what you will but if I had £1 for each time I heard that I would be looking at M6's! :P
550i Touring

stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

texasjohn wrote:I was told "we have someone coming to buy it today and you don't want to lose the chance..." :o :lol:
:roflmao:

Absolute wangers, do they think you've never bought a car before....

"Selling a Z4M is like making love to a beautiful lady" .........
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
texasjohn

BMW other

Post by texasjohn »

Hi Stu

We've met once on, Phil's drive and dine. Good to hear from you again!

As you know I'm 30's and given my 'history' of changing cars once every 9-12 months you can surmise that I've heard this old chestnut a number of times!

Even estate agents try it! :roflmao:
550i Touring

Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

John

Wise move to give that one a miss. The 1200 mile service is an absolute. I looked at one with my brother but was advised not to touch it with a barge pole. Shame as it was a nice car.

Market has moved massively in past 2 months with financial climate. Dealers are working on people comparing prices to what they saw 6 months ago / new price and thinking they have got a deal. Really is a buyers market. So long as you can afford the insurance I think the Z4m's are a steal if you are prepared to walk away from anything but a bargain.

As a rule of thumb work on what you thnk price should be and expect to get for 80%. The right dealer will (begrudgingly) do it effectively at cost.
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Zed_Steve

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by Zed_Steve »

Seems baffling as to why 1200mile run in wasnt done on time, as ive read its supposed to invalidate the warranty and its free!
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Correct, invalidates warranty if 1,200 mile service is not done on time.

Apparently car is supplied with "mineral" oil. If this is not changed at 1,200 miles can cause serious damage to engine.

Re prices another example of 2 year old Z4m at <£18k from a dealer

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... a5b#185181
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

This is only going to get worse for BMW :D

My mate's PCP is up on his Z4C 3.0si (2007/07) in 18 months time. The guaranteed value for the car is £16,500. They are going to lose a min of 4k when he hands that back. He has already offered to sell it to them for £2k now so they probably won't lose anything.. but they declined

You got to love their arrogance sometimes :D
doomsdayrunner

Z4 M roadster

Post by doomsdayrunner »

jonttt wrote:Correct, invalidates warranty if 1,200 mile service is not done on time.

Apparently car is supplied with "mineral" oil. If this is not changed at 1,200 miles can cause serious damage to engine.

Re prices another example of 2 year old Z4m at <£18k from a dealer

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... a5b#185181
Thats mine your talking about, The wife is going to hand her company car back in Sept 2009 and take money instead, I was going to leave it until later in the year as I have just bought a 11 month old Cayman S, but at the prices of the Z4M's at the moment I could not see the prices dropping any lower in the summer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greg_ch

Z4 M roadster

Post by greg_ch »

doomsdayrunner wrote:I could not see the prices dropping any lower in the summer.
Not necessarily.

In order to get sales moving, BMW UK issued a glut of very cheap Z4 ///M Roadsters and Coupes. Backed by cheap money and injudicious guaranteed future values, many of those deals will expire in the spring/early summer. BMW will book as much of the loss as possible in 2008 leaving dealers under less pressure to hit targets.

It's not unreasonable to expect that a sudden upturn in the supply of old shape ///M cars; whose values have been significantly written down already, combined with the launch of a new - albeit non ///M model - we will see another decline in prices.
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

I agree there is a LOT more to come off a BMW in the next few months
texasjohn

BMW other

Post by texasjohn »

Please let me know where to find these deals?

I've offered 23k on a 57 coupe, midnight blue/champagne today. No Nav but it has around 10k miles, heated seats, Hifi speaker, bluetooth and PDC.

It's at Sytner Coventry but reading about the price of that 56 plate Ruby black I'm not sure if I have offered too much? :?
550i Touring

pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

texasjohn wrote:Please let me know where to find these deals?

I've offered 23k on a 57 coupe, midnight blue/champagne today. No Nav but it has around 10k miles, heated seats, Hifi speaker, bluetooth and PDC.

It's at Sytner Coventry but reading about the price of that 56 plate Ruby black I'm not sure if I have offered too much? :?
Tell them that every day they stall you, you'll drop by £1,000. :twisted:

Watch them twitch.

Cashflow is more important than profit, especially if you can complete before the end of the month.
Pingu
dario

blank.gif

Post by dario »

pingu wrote:
texasjohn wrote:
Cashflow is more important than profit, especially if you can complete before the end of the month.
i just love to see compation in action regarding the motor trade!
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

dario wrote:
pingu wrote:
texasjohn wrote:
i just love to see compation in action regarding the motor trade!
"Business is business, my boy" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

BTW, I'm very close to the motor trade (working for them tomorrow - I'm car collecting from Manchester), so I see it at very close quarters. There is profit to be made, but everybody has to be squeezed until they squeal.
Pingu
texasjohn

BMW other

Post by texasjohn »

pingu wrote:BTW, I'm very close to the motor trade (working for them tomorrow - I'm car collecting from Manchester), so I see it at very close quarters. There is profit to be made, but everybody has to be squeezed until they squeal.
Hi Pingu

Please keep your ear to the ground for me, I am in no hurry to buy but if a good deal comes along I can offer cash (switch payment over the phone) there and then.

Work are pretty flexible so if I need to go and jump in my car to view something at a moment's notice that is possible.

I'll PM you my mobile
/ email

Thanks John
550i Touring