Z4M Roadster or Coupe, which is best?

For the M Powered Z4 derivatives
Bob Hoskins

Z4 M roadster

Z4M Roadster or Coupe, which is best?

Post by Bob Hoskins »

Hi, interested in your opinion. I am considering upgrading to a Z4M from my current 3 litre Z3. Only problem is I can't decide whether to go for the Roadster or the Coupe.

Interested in your informed opinion, in the words of Harry Hill which is best?
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Oh dear.
Wasn't it Harry Hill that started "fight" ?

Stands back and waits for Round 1 to commence
Image :devil:
Mouldy

Not specified

Post by Mouldy »

Surely it depends whether you want the wind in your hair or not!!! The coupe looks better (IMHO) and very practical in the winter, but maybe not so good in the summer (?????) when you look enviously at those in their roadsters with the roof down.

Roadster with a hardtop, perhaps or a new Z4 with the folding tin top.

Decisions, decisions.

Skoda Octavia vRS TSi DSG on Tour at Rocamadour
indizee

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by indizee »

Go for the folding tintop, you wont regret it. You know why you had a ragtop before, and the tintop looks just as good as the coupe. Best of both worlds.
Present : Grey Z4 2.5 conv
ex-Cosmos Black 2.8
TrickyZ1

Z1 roadster

Post by TrickyZ1 »

It depends on how you're planning to use the car. If it's an every-dayer, then I'd go for the coupe. If it's a more of a weekend toy, go for the roadster. Or, as others have said, get the new one if you can afford it!!
Image Image

Seduced by the zed side
siwilson

M roadster S54

Post by siwilson »

Depends on what you want it for. The coupe has a stiffer chassis and handles better, but you can't drop the top.

What is your priority, open top motoring or something else?
Last edited by siwilson on Fri 11 Jun, 2010 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Z4M Coupe is my opinion
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

indizee wrote:Go for the folding tintop, you wont regret it. You know why you had a ragtop before, and the tintop looks just as good as the coupe. Best of both worlds.
The folding hard top is the new Z4 but I think the OP is talking about the original Z4 Roadster or Coupe.

IMO the Coupe looks really good on the road and looks a lot better/more special than the Roadster. The Z4Ms are harder to identify over the 3.0s (Roadster or Coupe version) which I think spoils the M version a little). Although a 3.0Si Coupe would be a very nice car, that looks effectively the same as the M and with 265bhp but for much less.
Bob Hoskins

Z4 M roadster

Post by Bob Hoskins »

Thanks for all those of you who gave your opinion :thumb:. I've decided to go with the Z4M Roadster after realizing what it is that really gives me the buzz in my Z3 :lol:.

So I have taken the plunge and bought one in Imola Red, I was smitten the minute I saw it. I was a bit disappointed I didn't get as much as I would have liked on the part exchange :cry: but it had to be done and I think I have picked a good un with just over 13k on the clock.

I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow and give it a blast :drive.

As soon as I have managed to keep myself out of it long enough I will post some pics.