New Roof!

For the M Powered Z4 derivatives
Jaz

Z4 M roadster

New Roof!

Post by Jaz »

Having hibernated my car during the recent bad weather, I was looking forward to a spin once the snow disapeared. I set off and soon found that the rear window had misted up due to the low temperature. I switched on the demister and realised that only four of the elements were working.
I raised this with the dealer where I purched the car last september and after the usual inspection, they agreed to replace the rear window.

I enquired how they would achive this and I was told that it was a complicated process due to the fact that the rear window is bonded to the hood and thus a full new roof would be fitted under the BMW used warranty..................

The whole job took three days (a clip fractured and had to be back ordered) however I now have a full brand new roof and window!

Interestingly, the radio reception has also improved which I was told, is linked to the rear window replacement.

gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Result,
was it the approved used car warranty, (you bought the car off a BMW dealer)
or the extended BMW warranty, ?which can be purchased if you bought from somewhere else.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Jaz

Z4 M roadster

Post by Jaz »

It's the approved used car warranty from Coopers of York who I must say are, in my opinion are very helpful and probably one of the best dealerships in this area