Z4 M official pics

For the M Powered Z4 derivatives
Lee

M coupe S52

Z4 M official pics

Post by Lee »

someone posted this on Z3MCoupe.com so I thought I would do the neighbourly thing....

http://www.autoweek.nl/newsdisp.php?cache=no&ID=4129
Estoril2000 M Coupe,KWv3suspension,H&R ARB's,Eibach Adj top mounts,Carbon Strut,BBS LM, 3.64LSD,L/W Flywheel&M5 clutch,Supersprint with decat, Brembo calipers&CSL discs,Recaro PolePositions, Hamann Spoiler, Schnitzer Splitters,pedals&handbrake
Paul.Stuhlfelder

M roadster S50

Post by Paul.Stuhlfelder »

Its nice, but to me it doesn't stand aside the normal Z4 and sneer at it like a Z3M does. But the Z3 looks like an easier car to "M-arise" wether as flaring the Z4 in such a way would spoil the overall shape.
Israel pulls out of Gaza Strip, Gaza not Pregnant!
Jules75

Z4 M roadster

Post by Jules75 »

They are unlikely to be official photos, as the car doesn't even officially exist. Though I really wish it did!

That aside, colour was nice. :D
Giles wrote:IMHO the Z4 generally tends to appeal to people that want to own a nice car and not those that want to drive a nice car.
Nick

Porsche

Post by Nick »

Jules75 wrote:That aside, colour was nice. :D
Reminds me of Imola red :D

Nick
OliZ

M roadster S50

Post by OliZ »

Nick wrote:Reminds me of Imola red :D
Holy Mackerel! :shock:

Now that's a colour I like 8-)
OliZ - webmaster of http://www.bmwz3club.ch

1998 ///M roadster, Imola Red - Imola/Black
2002 330i Touring, Black - Anthracite
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

Pics are real. I'll try and get some better ones up.

Tim
Fixer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fixer »

How about this one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mods
AC Body Kit
M50 Manifold & BBTB Kit
Stainless Exhaust M style
Remap (Chipped uk )
Gruppe m rep induction kit
Angel Eyes (Chromeline Design)
Strong Strut Front & Rear
White lenses, side repeaters etc
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

Shots above are Imola Red. Other new M colours are Sepang Bronze and Interlagos Blue.

German prices (this only gives an indication of UK prices as specifications are often different).

BMW Z4 Roadster 2.0i - 28.900 €
BMW Z4 Roadster 2.5i - 31.400 €
BMW Z4 Roadster 2.5si - 34.400 €
BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0si - 40.400 €
BMW Z4 M Roadster - 57.900 €

Tim
Last edited by Zmeagol on Tue 25 Oct, 2005 23:31, edited 1 time in total.
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

Z4 facelight, probably in SilverGrey.

Apparently expected 26 March 2006 in Germany.

Tim
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

BMW press release

The new M Roadster – the high-performance two seater is reborn
The new BMW Z4 and Z4 M Roadster range announced

BMW UK has announced details of the latest M car – the new BMW Z4 M Roadster. Three-years after the Z4’s launch as the most performance-focussed roadster on the market, BMW M have turned their attentions to the Z4, creating BMW’s fastest accelerating open-top. With 343hp equating to 106hp per litre, zero to 62mph acceleration of 5.0 seconds and an electronically limited top speed of 155mph, the new M Roadster is set to re-write the rulebook for performance, agility and dynamism.

The Detroit Auto Show in January 2006 will also see the launch of model updates for the entire BMW Z4 Roadster range. The new Z4 will feature a new engine line-up, new gearbox options, styling enhancements and still the fastest opening fully automatic convertible roof in the world.

The new BMW Z4 M Roadster
Like the current BMW M3 Coupé and Convertible, the new BMW Z4 M Roadster features the five-time International Engine of the Year. The reigning three to four-litre champion delivers 343hp at 7,900rpm and 365Nm of torque at 4,900rpm from its 3,246cc six-cylinder Motorsport engine. The powerplant is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox and BMW M’s variable M differential. The result is excellent stability and traction, especially when accelerating out of bends.

Unlike the ‘standard’ Z4 that uses an electromechanical steering system, the new Z4 M Roadster uses a hydraulic power assistance system. The ‘standard’ car also uses Run-flat tyres as opposed to the M Roadster’s non-Run-Flat items – both features that M, as a separate division, believes give the car its own ‘M’ character. These features are reinforced by BMW M’s floating compound high-performance braking system, originally conceived for the BMW M3 CSL, resulting in a 62mph to zero stopping distance of just 34 metres.

Visually, the new Z4 M Roadster is differentiated from the ‘standard’ car by numerous details inside and out. From the front, the lower valance, large air intakes and dual styling lines on the bonnet clearly identify the M car while, at the rear, BMW M’s trademark quad-tailpipes and aerodynamic diffuser highlight the car’s potential. The M-styling is finished off with exclusive M double-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels with 225/45ZR18 tyres on the front and 255/40ZR18s on the rear.

The Z4 M Roadster is available in eight exterior colours, with three exclusive M colours – Sepang Bronze, Interlagos Blue and Imola Red.
Internally, the familiar Z4 interior is complemented by new leather finishes in Black, Imola Red, Light Sepang Bronze or Sepang Brown and trim strips in Hexagon Aluminium, Black Carbon Leather or Madeira Walnut wood. In front of the driver a bespoke BMW M instrument binnacle featuring a black background with white numerals and red needles helps keep the driver in touch with vital driving information.

The new BMW Z4 Roadster
Coinciding with the launch of the BMW Z4 M Roadster, the entire Z4 Roadster range receives visual and substantial mechanical enhancements.

Engines
Topping the new range is the Z4 3.0si, featuring BMW’s innovative magnesium alloy in-line six-cylinder engine. Featuring Valvetronic valve lift and VANOS valve timing, the Z4 3.0si develops 265hp at 6,600rpm and 315Nm of torque at 2,750rpm. These impressive statistics help power the car from zero to 62mph in 5.7 seconds and, if left unchecked, continues to a maximum electronically limited top speed of 155mph. However, these levels of performance aren’t at the expense of economy, with the 3.0si delivering 32.8mpg over the combined cycle.

Two in-line six-cylinder 2.5-litre variants will be offered – the Z4 2.5si and 2.5i. Based on the same engine, but differentiated by output, the 2.5si offers 218hp and 250Nm of torque from its 2,497cc powerplant. This gives the power to sprint from standstill to 62mph in 6.5 seconds and on to a top speed of 149mph, while still delivering 33.6mpg on the combined cycle. By contrast, the 2.5i delivers 177hp and 230Nm of torque.

The only engine carried over from the out-going range is the four-cylinder Z4 2.0i that was launched in April 2005. Produced at BMW’s Hams Hall plant near Coventry, the 1,995cc engine features BMW’s Valvetronic and VANOS technologies to develop 150hp at 6,200rpm and 200Nm of torque at 3,600rpm. The lighter weight of this engine helps deliver sharp performance, with the Z4 2.0i dispatching the zero to 62mph sprint in 8.2 seconds before hitting a top speed of 137mph.

Transmission
Like the Z4 M Roadster, all new Z4 models come as standard with a six-speed gearbox. Alternatively, customers purchasing 2.5si and 3.0si models can specify a six-speed automatic gearbox which, for the first time, features paddles on the rear of the steering wheel to select the appropriate gear manually.

Sport models
Sport models are available to enhance the ‘standard’ Z4 line-up, featuring 18-inch M double spoke or optional composite alloy wheel, M Sports seats covered in Active Sports leather upholstery, three-spoke M leather steering wheel and M Sports suspension. Sport models will add further appeal to those demanding a particularly sporting drive.

Design
At launch in 2003, the BMW Z4 instantly became one of the company’s most distinctive designs. This design positioned the car as much more of a driver’s car dynamically than the Z3 it replaced. This performance focus remains, with subtle enhancements rather than wholesale changes.
From the front, the shoulder line extends all the way to the front air dam rather than stopping at the bonnet edge, a wider air intake dominates the lower valance and the kidney grille receives minor changes. Additionally, the headlights have been re-designed and now include corona light rings as standard on all cars specified with Xenon lamps (standard on M Roadster models).

From the side, US-style side reflectors are integrated into the front wheel arches that also house new alloy wheel designs.

From the rear, all-new tail lamps feature Z8-style horizontal light conductor rods and BMW’s Brake Force Display braking system while a second spoiler lip adorns the rear air dam. Finally, all Z4 Roadster models feature a new colour choice including Monaco Blue, Flamenco Red, Silver Grey and Deep Green.
Kiwi

M coupe S50

Post by Kiwi »

Zmeagol wrote:The Z4 M Roadster is available in eight exterior colours, with three exclusive M colours – Sepang Bronze,
Interlagos Blue and Imola Red.
What? No special estoril for the M's?
Fixer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fixer »

Mods
AC Body Kit
M50 Manifold & BBTB Kit
Remap (Chipped uk )
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

Kiwi wrote:What? No special estoril for the M's?
Estoril is no longer special as it's been used on standard 3 series and the X5--hardly M material! But here's one I saw earlier...

AussieZ3

M roadster S54

Post by AussieZ3 »

Fixer wrote:How about this one
Got any more pics of that one mate :shock:
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

Take a look here: viewtopic.php?t=3046

Tim
Fixer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fixer »

AussieZ3 wrote:
Fixer wrote:How about this one
Got any more pics of that one mate :shock:
No, just the one.
Mods
AC Body Kit
M50 Manifold & BBTB Kit
Remap (Chipped uk )
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Now just tell me it has the CSL induction system fitted Tim! :o
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

Well I knew it was coming but I'm a little disappointed in the bodywork tho I like the bonnet and I thkn the Coupe looks great.. I suspect a new additon or replacment over the next year or 2.

Esotril IMHO is synonymous with M and it's probably the best BMW colour in the world.. you should see what it does to an X5.. it's got the habit of pretending to be a pearl when it's a straight metallic and brings out curves in BMW bodywork like no other convetional paint can.. Fact it can now be had as an £1000 'individual' option on other cars is a testimony to its populatory - non M drivers and journos use it to make a BM look like an M car - look at the 130i pics for example, M1 concept shot etc etc.

It's not to say the other colours aren't good too but that's the one that people go for time and time again.. :) BMW should stick with it as it helps to promote the M brand. Interlagos is disappointing as the new M Blue IMHO - I preferred Lagune Seca..

Anyone any good with paintshop - could then stick the car into Estoril and put 'M 8LUR' on the front... :wink: :idea:

Interior looks v/nice.
8-)
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

stu wrote:Now just tell me it has the CSL induction system fitted Tim! :o
@340bhp - nah - more's the pity - hopefully ACS will offer sth but of course it wont be warranty covered by BMW UK... :x :(
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

Zmeagol wrote: Estoril is no longer special as it's been used on standard 3 series and the X5--hardly M material! But here's one I saw earlier...
But be fair Tim - the first X5 to get it was the Alpina blueprint engined 4.6is.. not a run of a mill '55 tank like mine...and Estoril only opened up this year to the whole X5 range. :wink:

That said I notice Le Mans was kept distinct from Interlagos for the 4.8is.. :roll:
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

No SMG.. come on... :x :(
Jules75

Z4 M roadster

Post by Jules75 »

Manual gearbox everytime!

I'm coming around to the Imola Red colour. 8-)
Giles wrote:IMHO the Z4 generally tends to appeal to people that want to own a nice car and not those that want to drive a nice car.
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

Jules75 wrote:Manual gearbox everytime! I'm coming around to the Imola Red colour. 8-)
Nah - I'd need the change - the new SMG in the CSL is supposed to be awesome and it's what will really turn the Z4M into a missile.. the Z3M has fairly ponderous changes - short shift or no short shift :!: and the SMG would really offer wife and I sth new... her's hoping.. it wuld be an option either way so we all get what we want.. :wink:

Imola is nice but looks naff after the first layer of grime.. whereas blues seem to get away with dirt quite well and seem to stand out even more on a dark or dull day.. Imola can look dull at times but looks great when kept 100% polished.