Alpina question (and z4m!)

For the M Powered Z4 derivatives
Chris Xoe

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Alpina question (and z4m!)

Post by Chris Xoe »

Hi,

i'm changing car this spring to either an Alpina or a z4m. However, can anyone please give an insight into the running costs of an Alpina roadster (service costs and interval).

I can judge the z4m based on an M3 costs but most dealers say 'Alpina = same as 3.0l Z4 costs).

I seriously doubt this, but would be pleased to be proved wrong! I do mega mileage in my zed so intervals and service costs come thick and fast.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Ta!
Gimlet

BMW other

Post by Gimlet »

In 20,000 miles servicing on my Alpina has set me back just £188.00 for the 12,000 mile Service.
The computer says I've another 7,200 miles to the next service but I will get it done anyway in May when the car reaches 2 years old.
In terms of fuel economy I'm averaging just over 29 miles per gallon.
Insurance is costing me £716.00 per year fully comp. with NCD protection.

I'm finding this to be very economical compared to the Tuscans I've had previously.
BMWCC Central Region Secretary

Space Grey E92 335d SE Coupe
Chris Xoe

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by Chris Xoe »

Thanks - that's useful.

What engine is actually in there? - know Alpina modify to 3.4L, but what's the original source?

Is it the s50, s54 or another? - i.e. what i'm really asking is if there are vanos issues?

Thanks again?
Bryn
Z Register member

BMW convertible

Post by Bryn »

Gimlet wrote:In 20,000 miles servicing on my Alpina has set me back just £188.00 for the 12,000 mile Service.
I am driving the wrong car!!!! I paid more than that just to get 2 £6 bolts changed on the Butt strutt! :head:
Simmer
Z Register member

BMW other

Post by Simmer »

Chris Xoe wrote:Thanks - that's useful.

What engine is actually in there? - know Alpina modify to 3.4L, but what's the original source?

Is it the s50, s54 or another? - i.e. what i'm really asking is if there are vanos issues?

Thanks again?
it's the old M3 iron block, so probably S50, no vanos issues, and I haven't spent a dime, insurance is £540 ish and I'll have had it for two years in July, still not done enough for 1st service
Gimlet

BMW other

Post by Gimlet »

The Engine is based upon the E36 block and reworked by Alpina. It is basically the same Engine as used in the Alpina B3 S.

Out of interest I contacted Sytners today for a quote on the next service (2nd).

They have quoted £279.00 inclusive of Vat.
BMWCC Central Region Secretary

Space Grey E92 335d SE Coupe
pierrez1

Z1 roadster

Post by pierrez1 »

Chris Xoe wrote:Thanks - that's useful.

Thanks again?
It is based at the S52 :mrgreen: