MZ4 Launch Weekend

For the M Powered Z4 derivatives
JAY
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by JAY »

A thing to remember also and this was qouted from a BMW representative to me was....

Us guys seem to be more in the know about the world of BMW as we have contact with forums such as this one. He said BMW dealers are always the last ones to know.

I remember asking over a year ago about the Z4M and was told There definitely will not be a Z4M
NorwegianBlue
Z Register member

M roadster S54

MZ4 Launch Weekend

Post by NorwegianBlue »

I've had two dealerships call me this last week to see if I wanted to attend a launch party for the MZ4. While talking to the first one I mentioned the fact that I was disappointed they didn't put the new V8 from the M3 in the car. The salesman gave an answer saying something like but in a few more words "it would be overpowered". Nothing seemed odd until the second conversation when I got the exact same answer, almost like he had read it.

It then occurred to me that this was somewhat a sore point and the sales guys had been primed with an answer........ :?:
pearsonjohnboy

Z4 M roadster

Post by pearsonjohnboy »

Well i pick mine up on Saturday 4pm, they wanted to keep it in the showroom as a show car. Dont have a problem with this as the Dealer Mike Dawson of Soper of Lincoln is the nicest car sales guy i have met. I ordered it three years three months ago. So i will being going to the launch and taking one home. ummmmmmmmmmm nice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

pearsonjohnboy wrote: So i will being going to the launch and taking one home.
Awesome, that IS the way to attend a launch party...

garyw
Robin

M roadster S50

Post by Robin »

I've got a Z4M test drive booked for Monday :)
Simmer
Z Register member

BMW other

Post by Simmer »

Went to the launch today, Z4M just looks the biz up close & personal, Imola looks completely different to the Z3M's I've seen
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Went along to Harry Fairburn Glasgow Saturday afternoon. No launch party, no queue of customers!

Asked the salesman and he said "we have one turning up soon", just as it trundled into the car park - looking splendid in Interlagos Blue.

Liked the extended leather interior, ///M stitching on the steering wheel, alloys with CSL brakes , with lots of subtle but clear styling clues on the outside. Not sure about the bonnet creases (obviously done to squeeze the 'tall' S54 in).

Build quality - shocking!

Worth £42k basic? :| I'd imagine the driving experience would have to be quite something!
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Bloke

Other roadster

Post by Bloke »

I saw one today too, I have to say, it didnt really seem like £10K more than a 3.0ltr, now I'm sure I will get yelled at for saying this, but..... :twisted: :twisted:

I suppose to really make a comment I should try to get a test drive in one...... :twisted:

Good luck to all those new owners in the coming weeks

Bloke
Paul.Stuhlfelder

M roadster S50

Post by Paul.Stuhlfelder »

Bloke wrote:Good luck to all those new owners in the coming weeks
Indeed, here comes the car's "REAL" test :)
Israel pulls out of Gaza Strip, Gaza not Pregnant!
Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Geoff H »

We must be really behind in this area, I just had a letter this morning from Wollaston BMW for the launch/test drive of the new Z4M Roadster on the 9th April. Seems we are way behind everybody else