So how much have you had out of your Z4M

For the M Powered Z4 derivatives
ChrisXL

M roadster S50

Post by ChrisXL »

Not much to it :twisted: I'll have 'em for breakfast anytime :twisted: :twisted:

viewtopic.php?t=8038&highlight=
Member of Team Lauterbrunnen
http://www.fnbc.nl/
pearsonjohnboy

Z4 M roadster

So how much have you had out of your Z4M

Post by pearsonjohnboy »

163 mph out of mine with the roof down and then my mate chickened out. i wanted to get it up all the way to 178 mph.
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

ChrisXL wrote:Not much to it :twisted: I'll have 'em for breakfast anytime :twisted: :twisted:

viewtopic.php?t=8038&highlight=
:P
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
pearsonjohnboy

Z4 M roadster

Post by pearsonjohnboy »

nice one. easy to get round the rev limiter in newer cars
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

I was at a speed meeting the other weekend and another driver had brought along his Z4M, Very quick car :shock: ....looking at the results he attained (limited stretch approx 1.8miles) 152mph

I attained with the roof down 164 and roof up 173.. the wind was so noisy with the roof down at those speeds.. :shock: It was a very hot day which did mess up everyones chances of higher top speeds :cry:

I had a great day and a few starts off the line alongside the Z4M :twisted: and a Z3M

garyw
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Had my M at 165mph in Germany last year with the top up but I believe my speedo to be optimistic so probably nearer 150mph. However the car was still accelerating when I had to ease off.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

just to add the figure I have given were by the speed trap data and not our own speedo reading....

as per Phil, in Germany on a longer stretch is really gets wound up :twisted:
It was a shame Chris missed the run to Abbeville or I'm sure he'd know :roll:

garyw
greg_ch

Z4 M roadster

Post by greg_ch »

pearsonjohnboy wrote:nice one. easy to get round the rev limiter in newer cars
I'd be curious to know how. I live about an hour away from an unrestricted Autobahn so would love to max my Z4 ///M Roadster.
BiggusLaddus

BMW other

Post by BiggusLaddus »

greg_ch wrote:
I'd be curious to know how. I live about an hour away from an unrestricted Autobahn so would love to max my Z4 ///M Roadster.
Take it to be remapped and ask them to move the limiter up (you can't actually remove it, just set it at a completely unattainable speed).
..Royal Python.............328 sport.............Suriname Red Tailed Boa
........."Reg".................."The car"..........................."Simo"........
ChrisXL

M roadster S50

Post by ChrisXL »

garyw wrote:just to add the figure I have given were by the speed trap data and not our own speedo reading....

as per Phil, in Germany on a longer stretch is really gets wound up :twisted:
It was a shame Chris missed the run to Abbeville or I'm sure he'd know :roll:

garyw
I know I know :head: :head: :head: but hey......... the ///M is still a work in progress so next time :twisted:
Member of Team Lauterbrunnen
http://www.fnbc.nl/
pearsonjohnboy

Z4 M roadster

Post by pearsonjohnboy »

greg_ch wrote:
The limiter is set on the 6th gear at 155 so all you need to do is go past this speed in 5th. then it should go to 178 i do believe same as M3. Got 160 out of mine in 5th last night at 7500rpm
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

ChrisXL wrote:I know I know :head: :head: :head: but hey......... the ///M is still a work in progress so next time :twisted:
Next time is the Spa day that is planned - so put your cards on the table :twisted: :wink:
155MPH

Z4 M roadster

Post by 155MPH »

pearsonjohnboy wrote:
greg_ch wrote:
The limiter is set on the 6th gear at 155 so all you need to do is go past this speed in 5th. then it should go to 178 i do believe same as M3. Got 160 out of mine in 5th last night at 7500rpm
So then, past 155 in 5th and upshift to 6th and keep going? It doesn't cut out when you upshift past 155 in 5th?
Chromeline Design

BMW convertible

Post by Chromeline Design »

there's a 3 mile straight down hill road through beliguim on the way to the ring.

My M3 has seen silly speeds down there, I wont incriminate myself on a public forum though ;)
sixspeed

Z4 M coupe

Post by sixspeed »

Just shy of 170mph (we'll say 169 ;)) on a section of autobahn on the way to the 'Ring over Easter.. :)
dirfm01

Z4 M coupe

Post by dirfm01 »

Here in Florida there is a stretch of approximately 90 miles of protected swamp land appropriately called alligator alley. 1 formal exit onto an indian reservation, straight, flat, and relatively smooth. With no one around, I pushed mine to 155 mph before I let off the accelerator. I feel relatively certain that she would still have given more if I had asked.