New

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
z3Dave

Z3 roadster 1.9

New

Post by z3Dave »

Hi, new to the site. Im Dave (21) and used to have a punto mk1(x2) for 3-4 years. Now have a Silver 1.8 (140bhp) 1998 z3.
Good things about the car
-Full service history
-Standard
-47k miles
-awseome body work and interior
-engines sounds heavenly
to be honest theres nothing really wrong with it. Im have a couple of stone chips removed on friday, and then it will be back to looking like a show room car.

For the car though i am looking for a wind deflector, but i have no roll hoops. So i think i'll be investing in some black roll hoops, and then a wind deflector.

I have some pictures i'll upload later on.

Dave
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

Hi and welcome

Check here for info on what is needed for retrofitting the hoops.
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Hiya Dave,

Welcome to Z3 ownership, I've only been here myself for 2 weeks and haven't missed my last car since!

I look forward to seeing your pics, good luck on getting what you need :wink:
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Sounds great Dave.

You seem to be as enthusiastic about these lovely cars as the rest of us on here. 8-)

Post some pics soon and welcome to the forum! :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Hi Dave
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. There's a few forum members in your area. There were approx 15 of us at the Wales & The Marches meet organised by icarus last year. You're also probably just close enough to make the monthly NW meet (just off M6 jncn 21).

Enjoy the zed and let's see some pics :wink:
z3Dave

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by z3Dave »

Ony of a n95 camera, so not the best. Going (weather permiting) next weekend after stone chips done and wash, clay and wax, to north wales for soem better pics[/list]
Lazeodoom

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Lazeodoom »

Nice to see another Zedder. Mine too is an older 1.9 140bhp (with the same style wheels) . I'm also driving my Zed with 47k miles, its fantastic to drive, with a new exhaust it has a cracking noise with the top down!

Hope to see some pictures when the polish job has been done!
z3Dave

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by z3Dave »

Im tempted to just to keep it in mint condtion and standard. I do love mods for power and looks. But it has had a really well cared for life and think it would be a shame if i were to change it.
Lazeodoom

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Lazeodoom »

maybe I've been confusing: Its had a replacement exhaust for its old one which was old when I got the car... I've got an identical exhaust on it, just without years of corrosion, and the noise difference is brilliant between an old and new system. Believe me, my thoughts are the same as yours on big bore exhausts!

Only exterior mod on mine is a set of chrome door handles.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

That looks exactly like ours would if we'd left it stock.

Nice looking motor!
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
mrluke

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by mrluke »

i also have the 1.8 and im 21

I have fitted rollhoops as well to me z3 , and a clear wind deflector

when u buy the hoops and pannels . make sure u get all the screws as well ! as you will probally loose some !

The clear wind deflector i got from ebay (america) and its great , lot better than bmw stock ones.
z3Dave

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by z3Dave »

Is it much of a job to diy. Seen the price list for all the kit. Was wondering if anyone knew how much a dealer would charge to fit aswell?
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

Well, the seats are best pushed forwards, then all the compartments behind them are removed and new ones installed instead. The hoops are then added.

If you can use a screwdriver and don't mind spending time seeing how it all fits together, then do it yourself. Otherwise the bill for labour by the dealer will be about £200+. Either way, best of luck :)
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
z3Dave

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by z3Dave »

Thanks, I'll look into to doing it myself. The link above, is that just for the replacement plastics behind the seat minus the roll hoops?
mrluke

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by mrluke »

the pannels are around 200-250 new

rollbars *original Bmw* are quite expensive.

i ,managed to get the whole kit off of ebay for 200 in mint condition with more screws than i could ever use lol.

your car being a 98 not sure if ur have the holes for the rollbars metal mounting brackets ,you might need to check into that ( otherwise ur need it welded on)

you should be able 2 do it your self , with a few hours to spare . The hard part is removing everything !

On ebay they had the kits with chrome rollbars , that u didnt need 2 purchase all the extra pannels etc , i imagine u need to drill into your original plastic but other than that they look ok , but quite expensive .

Good luck , need any help give me a PM
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

You sounds like a young lad, and a RWD car is not to be taken lightly. Book yourself on a day at carlimits. Just last week a 19 year old put a 318is upside-down, so don't think it's impossible to get carried away. Same goes for us old folks too :wink:
Welcome to the forum.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
z3Dave

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by z3Dave »

estocks wrote:You sounds like a young lad, and a RWD car is not to be taken lightly. Book yourself on a day at carlimits. Just last week a 19 year old put a 318is upside-down, so don't think it's impossible to get carried away. Same goes for us old folks too :wink:
Welcome to the forum.
Im young, but i think i have my head on. My twin and dad have motorbikes, and respect the road, cars and bikes alot more than your average 'young lad'

Taken from my old forum -
''Street racing is like the specail olympics, no matter who wins your still a retard'' (i mean no offense to anyone by quoting this)