Nearly Had An Egg

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Zee 3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Nearly Had An Egg

Post by Zee 3 »

Out last week enjoying the summer weather top down not a care in the world even the 'Boss' was happy. When driving through the Cottswolds near Chipping Campden a very charming part of the world, We drove from brilliant sun light into very dark over hanging shade and wearing dark tint sunglasses failed to notice a large wet muddy patch of road on a down hill left hand bend, oh dear a BIG step out managed to catch the rear end more luck than skill, luckily no on coming tractors, blip of throttle pushed the car back on the straight and narrow. Just goes to show with Z3's there is never a dull moment. The emoticon is from the Boss :roll:
Wessex

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wessex »

Can I add an experience? Just been a week since getting our Zed. Driving down the B3081 from Verwood to Tollard Royal and going under some trees with the hood down. It had been raining when suddenly a huge drop of water fell from the tree above straight onto the bridge of my nose. Splattered my glasses. Guess what I did? Switched on the windscreen wipers trying to clear the droplets. The things we do without thinking sometimes. :dunce:

CarPet
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Wessex wrote:Can I add an experience? Just been a week since getting our Zed. Driving down the B3081 from Verwood to Tollard Royal and going under some trees with the hood down. It had been raining when suddenly a huge drop of water fell from the tree above straight onto the bridge of my nose. Splattered my glasses. Guess what I did? Switched on the windscreen wipers trying to clear the droplets. The things we do without thinking sometimes. :dunce:

CarPet
:roflmao:
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Wessex, I used to have some joke galsses with windscreen wipers fitted, If I find them you can have them :D
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
John Boy
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John Boy »

That is absolutely priceless! Thanks for sharing :lol:
John Boy
2.8 Z3
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I was an underground mechanic on the coal face for 16 years, I was used to looking at machines with just the light of my cap lamp on my hat.

I used to get home, and try and look for food in the darkened pantry by angling my head in various ways rather than switching on the light!. :head:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by kruisn »

Speaking of windscreen wipers, my work ute (Ford courier) has the headlight flasher and windscreen washer controls on the opposite side to the Zd.
So many times I have gone to flash my lights to another Z when passing on the road - all excited like, and washed the front window and my head instead.
Tad embarrasing !! :oops:
Don't drink and drive home -
Take the Zd and fly home -
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

My mum used to do a good one when she changed cars once - the horn was on one side and the windscreen washers the other - when the swapped if someone annoyed her she said she "washed her windscreen at him" :D

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Skye08

Not specified

Post by Skye08 »

Stu you must be too old to be driving a Z3 if you are doing stupid things like that, I think you should give it to me;-))

Years ago with longer hair I was driving down the motorway at speed I put the windows up and then tried to move my head, for a split second I thought someone was trying to get me out of my car while in the fast lane - aka action movie style...I then realised I had trapped my hair in the window;-))

I had to pull over as after the initial terror I laughed and laughed.
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by kruisn »

:bow :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Don't drink and drive home -
Take the Zd and fly home -