Hello from another newbie

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Franks

Z3 roadster 2.8

Hello from another newbie

Post by Franks »

Hi to everyone. I picked up my Z3 yesterday (1998, 2.8 version). New to everything including this type of car and the incredulous looks of family and friends who are uttering various comments such as 'it does how much to the gallon!!!!!!!', are you a complete idiot the diesel clio was so much more sensible' and 'not really suitable for a girl is it'..........I'm suddenly feeling very alone today....still enjoyed the long drive back yesterday that kept me smiling..remains to be seen whether it can be used as my everyday car....is anyone else mad enough to do this?
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

Hi Franks and welcome to the forum.

You certainly won't find anyone on here questioning your decision!

It's obligatory to post pictures of your car when you say hi!

Gaz, :wave
Franks

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Franks »

trying to post my pics but no joy, what is the maximum file size?
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Hi Franks and welcome.

Great choice of engine and colour - not that I'm biased in anyway :oops:

There are quite a few who use a Z3 for everyday driving - my wife has commuted in hers for 10 years (7 in a Z3 and 3 in the Z4). I use mine for commuting in the summer but have to ration it as I do 300 miles a week.

Enjoy the Zed and quite a few on here get 30+ mpg even up to 37 so a 2.8 can be quite economical if you want it to be - or there again 25mpg usually means :lol:

Piccies please.
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Franks wrote:trying to post my pics but no joy, what is the maximum file size?
LINK to posting pictures - easier than it looks.
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
Franks

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Franks »

Excellent..already had a photobucket account, here goes again with the added embarrassment of double checking the number under the bonnet and finding artic silver not titanium :oops:

Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Hi Franks and welcome to the forum.
Your new zed looks very tidy from the pics and of course the best engine choice.
I use mine as my everyday car, and like yours it's the 2.8 and returns approx 30 mpg on my daily 40 mile round trip. So use it and enjoy it :D
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Sylv used the Z3 as a daily driver when we first got the car, but 17,500 miles was quite a lot, so we decided to get another car for the commuting and keep the Z for pleasure.

It's fine in terms of comfort and reliability for a daily driver, but not perfect for snow, but where we live is very flat so we didn't get stuck at all.

Welcome.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Franks

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Franks »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I am really looking forward to driving this car. I had been looking round at the usual suspects when it came to chipping in my workaday clio but was totally uninspired by all the modern cars on display when I saw this lurking in the corner of the showroom and thought actually hang sensible......why am I trying to be sensible when I can own a car I am actually interested in driving and owning and being proud of.... :)

I am sure it wasn't the best deal in the world but it was local to me and I liked it...although when I looked under the bonnet today I am sure the engine went on for miles....I average about 30 miles a day so not too outrageous....now I just have to hide the keys from my other half...whose diesel clio we have for all those sensible journeys... :D
jontymo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jontymo »

Welcome Franks

You have found a friendly bunch here as we found out last month when we bought our 1998 2.8 :lol:

We are already on our 3rd meet (just back from Santa Pod).

Its a great place to be.

jontymo
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Welcome to the forum Franks :wave
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
eame64

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by eame64 »

Welcome franks, 2.8 is a great choice, enjoy.