Not a newbie, but a new Zed!

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
tom_sk

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Not a newbie, but a new Zed!

Post by tom_sk »

Well, finally got my Zed!! (didn’t know if this was the right section to post in as I have been a member for 15 months and have already made a few posts, but couldn’t post in ‘Gallery’ as I have been too busy driving it to take pics!)

Anyway, I’ve been on the verge of buying a couple of times but things have got in the way – it’s been a rough year with bereavements and other family problems. But now that’s behind us and time to get zedding.

She is a 2001 2.2i 37k miles 2 careful owners in superb condition; a few tasteful mods including chrome gills, braided clutch hose, Storm gear knob and Kenwood head unit. Thanks to BarneyBoko for allowing me to become the third owner. She’s a keeper and we intend to grow old together!

Picked her up in Bolton on Friday, once round the block to get the feel, filled up with V-power and got ready to hit the road east. I’d planned a nice A road route but as the weather had taken a turn for the worse decided to stick to the motorway. Torrential rain all along the M61, M60 and M62– like driving through a 40 mile long car wash; at least I know the Zed is 100% waterproof!
Breasted the Pennines, stopped for a ‘wee & tea’ break at Hartshead Moor and lo and behold out came the sun. So, it was top down, map out to re-calculate route, and an absolutely brilliant 80 mile return home on real roads. Now I know that DTS is real, not a myth!

At this point I have a confession to make; Zed, (must think of a more original name for her!), actually belongs to SWMBO as she stumped up the cash (she was made redundant after 34 years so was determined to spend some of the money on something to soften the blow). Still, I get to drive her and look after her so I think I’ve got the best of both worlds! This is the explanation to my reply to Sorceror and his side-kick in this post http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=

Sorry for the long post but I’ll probably not be posting a lot during the next week as I will be getting further doses of DTS!

Promise some pics ASAP

BTW, forgot to mention the colour; she’s Titan Sil…..<..runs for cover..>
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

About time too! Joined: 14 Nov 2009

Well done one letting your missus buy you a Zed...
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Sorry to hear of your wife's redundancy Tom but congrats on the new car
Excellent choice of engine and colour :wink:
Image :devil:
tom_sk

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by tom_sk »

GazHyde wrote: Well done one letting your missus buy you a Zed...
Yes indeed - must be true love (even after all these years!!)....now what else can I persuade her to buy me?
2001 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver/Blue Leather (left home :bawl: ) and his big brother 2002 e39 2.2 Titan Silver/Grey Leather (leaving soon :bawl: :bawl: )
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

Flipping double post!
Last edited by GazHyde on Tue 05 Apr, 2011 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

tom_sk wrote:now what else can I persuade her to buy me?
Anything from this thread...

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30160 :D
tom_sk

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by tom_sk »

Titan wrote:Excellent choice of engine and colour :wink:
It certainly is - but I don't want to start off that 'best colour' debate again :lol:
2001 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver/Blue Leather (left home :bawl: ) and his big brother 2002 e39 2.2 Titan Silver/Grey Leather (leaving soon :bawl: :bawl: )
tom_sk

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by tom_sk »

GazHyde wrote:
tom_sk wrote:now what else can I persuade her to buy me?
Anything from this thread...

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30160 :D
What a great idea - I'll conveniently leave that thread open when she checks her emails later :)
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

tom_sk wrote:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30160 :D
What a great idea - I'll conveniently leave that thread open when she checks her emails later :)
CONGRATULATIONS !

You have just qualified for the £1 diy short knob :shock: :twisted:
Image :devil:
tom_sk

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by tom_sk »

Titan wrote:
tom_sk wrote:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30160 :D
CONGRATULATIONS !

You have just qualified for the £1 diy short knob :shock: :twisted:
Knew I shouldn't have left this thread open - SWMBO says I have already qualified for this! :oops:
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Well done Tom, looking forward to hearing about your exploits in Zed this year :rtm:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Hi Tom

You weren't near the Reebok on Friday about 4:30 were you I saw a silver zed on the other side of the dual c/w?

I'll bet you sat near the window at Hartshead and looked out at your new pride and joy as you had your cup of tea :D.... I still do that now :D

Happy zedding...
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
tom_sk

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by tom_sk »

snoops wrote:Hi Tom

You weren't near the Reebok on Friday about 4:30 were you I saw a silver zed on the other side of the dual c/w?

I'll bet you sat near the window at Hartshead and looked out at your new pride and joy as you had your cup of tea :D.... I still do that now :D

Happy zedding...
No, that wasn't me although I actually picked Zed up at the Reebok but left about middday.

No, I didn't sit near the window I got a take-out cuppa so I could sit and look at it closer up!

Also, I'm beginning to wear out the staircarpet because I keep going for a look at it on the drive out of the bedroom window, especially when the top's down :!:
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

tom_sk wrote:No, that wasn't me although I actually picked Zed up at the Reebok but left about middday.

No, I didn't sit near the window I got a take-out cuppa so I could sit and look at it closer up!

Also, I'm beginning to wear out the staircarpet because I keep going for a look at it on the drive out of the bedroom window, especially when the top's down :!:
Excellent :D You've got the Zed Bug - it's perfectly safe, it will cost you money - but it will pay you back 1000 fold in smiles :wink:
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is