How do I find out what I have bought?

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
La_vida_diver

Z3 roadster 2.8

How do I find out what I have bought?

Post by La_vida_diver »

Hi guys I am new to BMW and to the Z3 I bought it as I wanted a second car (it's my toy baby! yeah man 8-)) that I felt was really nice so I have bought a 2.8 1999 (I do not have the documents with me at present to be more specific.) I recognise it as a wide body which was the shape I liked but have no idea what the other things are even having looked at the wiki entry but am eager to learn. Part of buying it was to join in and get to know what I have but I do not even know how to reference things in the search engine.

I am so pleased with the car it puts a grin on my face every time I drive it. It has loads of M bits on it like on the boot and the steering wheel but I do not think it is (and to me it doesn't matter) as it also has a wood style facia stuck on which has come loose on the ashtray and surround. The rest is fine and I like it so maybe I should look for a chrome ash tray if they exist.

Things I might like to do is install the later lights to do away with the orange for indicators and I like the contrast of the different side vents but have not decided which way to go.

In general advice and contacts would be gratefully received :drive
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

Welcome to the forum :wave

The easiest way to find out what you have bought is to post some pictures, we likes pictures!!! :D

This thread tells you how to post pictures http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7658

Gary
La_vida_diver

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by La_vida_diver »

Many thanks Gary, for the welcome especially.

I shall have to come up with a name soon :colourful: suggestions welcome

I will get some better pictures and upload when I have them.

I have modified this message as I have now successfully uploaded pictures to photo bucket as suggested
Last edited by La_vida_diver on Sun 02 Oct, 2011 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

Hi and welcome :)

I notice from your photos that the Z3 must be the one to go in the garage :?:

Looks a really nice car
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

Shiney car, It is a pre facelift model. If you want details of the cars original spec go to your local dealer armed with the chassis number and they can give you the spec sheet and BMW service history. :zmurf:
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
La_vida_diver

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by La_vida_diver »

Fender2004 wrote:Hi and welcome :)

I notice from your photos that the Z3 must be the one to go in the garage :?:

Looks a really nice car
Actually that was when I was buying her I do not own a garage I have that problem to sort but it will be garaged somehow :roll: and I saw her and just fell in love such a nice Tusch and just fondleable
La_vida_diver

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by La_vida_diver »

muppet wrote:Shiney car, It is a pre facelift model. If you want details of the cars original spec go to your local dealer armed with the chassis number and they can give you the spec sheet and BMW service history. :zmurf:
Many Thanks I did not realise they would be so accommodating. will that include some of the "codes" that I have been reading about which seem to identify model types?
La_vida_diver

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by La_vida_diver »

Image[/img]
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

Thats a lovely shiney Zed and no mistake. Looks a beaut!

Still love driving mine after 18moths, and thats the longest I have owned a car in the last 7 years.

Just spent a couple of hours giving mine the 'shine'... Needed to do it before the shade left the driveway... :sunny

Gary
La_vida_diver

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by La_vida_diver »

GazHyde wrote:Thats a lovely shiney Zed and no mistake. Looks a beaut!

Still love driving mine after 18moths, and thats the longest I have owned a car in the last 7 years.

Just spent a couple of hours giving mine the 'shine'... Needed to do it before the shade left the driveway... :sunny

Gary
:thumb: I am about to jump in and go find somewhere for a brunch Top down of course. looking forward to meeting up with some fellow enthusiasts sometime. I sort of expect it will be next year due to getting late in this one but hey ho :cheers
motco

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by motco »

It looks lovely! :)

Just a thought however... It is not an ///M despite the badge, as you know, but your insurers just might take issue with the badge as a 'modification'. It makes it potentially more steal-worthy and could affect the premium or give them grounds for saying you didn't tell them that it's 'modified'. My insurers wanted to charge me £90 p.a. for swapping my wheels for other Z3 wheels of identical size but different pattern despite telling them that I might have opted for these wheels from new and, therefore, they are not strictly a modification. I didn't swap the wheels... :head: They never miss a trick when it comes to bumping the premium and/or voiding the cover.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

muppet wrote:Shiney car, It is a pre facelift model. If you want details of the cars original spec go to your local dealer armed with the chassis number and they can give you the spec sheet and BMW service history. :zmurf:
Dealers can only give you service history from the same franchise network ;-) they can give you a warranty report showing any warranty work done across networks if you ask nicely though it will only likely cover first few years.

Welcome to the forum
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
La_vida_diver

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by La_vida_diver »

motco wrote:It looks lovely! :)

Just a thought however... It is not an ///M despite the badge, as you know, but your insurers just might take issue with the badge as a 'modification'. It makes it potentially more steal-worthy and could affect the premium or give them grounds for saying you didn't tell them that it's 'modified'. My insurers wanted to charge me £90 p.a. for swapping my wheels for other Z3 wheels of identical size but different pattern despite telling them that I might have opted for these wheels from new and, therefore, they are not strictly a modification. I didn't swap the wheels... :head: They never miss a trick when it comes to bumping the premium and/or voiding the cover.
Nice point I supplied the broker with a picture and then changed the reg number to a personal plate so hopefully they would be on a sticky one. Truthfully I just love it so I am glad it is not an ///M as that would hike ins and change the things I like. The sound of it as it pulls away is just the stuff wet dreams are made of. :oops: and it is fast enough for an old one as quoted elsewhere (I think it is V 1 LAN) :drive