Morning all...

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
AnubisZed

Not specified

Morning all...

Post by AnubisZed »

Hi there,

My name is Dave (I would of used DavesZed, as I've been using it for years on other forums, but alas it's already in use ), although I don't yet own Z3 I am looking into owning one in the near future, but in the meantime I'll be doing my reasearch and plenty of reading up on them.
I'm not a newbie to car forums, so I'll apologise in advance if I do end up asking a stupidly obvious question!! :lol:

I'm looking at buying a 1.9, mainly as I have a 36 mile round trip to work every day and will be using it for work. It'll be replacing my current Alfa Romeo 156 2.0TS, which is getting towards the end of it's life, especially now that it got well and truely pounded in the hail storm two weeks ago and looks more like a golf ball now!! :head:
I've previously own a Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, so I'm not avert to owning sports cars that are fun to drive, and a pain when they go wrong! :roll:

Anyway, I hope to get to know the cars and talk to some of you guys soon,

Dave
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Morning all...

Post by Gazza »

WEelcome to the Forum Dave :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Pistol968

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Morning all...

Post by Pistol968 »

Hi Dave and welcome to the Forum.

I have owned an Alfa 156 1.8TS in the past- a great car, and more recently a Lexus soarer twin turbo ( a brilliant car!)- you will find the Z3 slightly more old school and perhaps slightly heavier to drive depending on the model you buy but why restrict yourself to a 1.9 if you are only doing 180 miles per week? At an average price of £6.12 per gallon the difference between say 35mpg (1.9) to 28mpg ( 2.8l- the one I have) is an extra £8 per week! I'm not saying the 1.9 is not a good car but there is a much wider choice if you are prepared to consider the larger engined models too.