hi im new

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
markbsac

blank

Re: hi im new

Post by markbsac »

good idae in the nicer weather ill turn up on my lambretta ...a real classic :lol:
markbsac

blank

Post by markbsac »

thanks Bi11 will give them a shot
markbsac

blank

Post by markbsac »

£291.67 with classic line for the 2.8 they said engine size makes no difference so would be the same for the 2.0 or 2.2...options are now open :-)
Bi11

M roadster S54

Post by Bi11 »

Excellent :D
Jamezee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Jamezee »

Jonttt wrote:Good luck with your search. IMHO the 2.2 sports are the best all round Z3s. They used to command a bit of a premium but as your being patient worth keeping an eye out for.

I would look out for a run/meet close to you as it's a great chance to see most variants in one place and talk to owners. You would be more than welcome even on a scooter lol
The 2.2 sport is a great Zed but you need to get one in Zilver to get the highest speed out of it :wink: :)
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Harry Callahan.

BMW dust caps x 4 (replica)
Little Tree Air Freshener-Vanillaroma (now worn out and in the bin)
2006 AA road atlas (with the latest safety cameras)
Mint

blank

Post by Mint »

Jamezee wrote:
Jonttt wrote:Good luck with your search. IMHO the 2.2 sports are the best all round Z3s. They used to command a bit of a premium but as your being patient worth keeping an eye out for.

I would look out for a run/meet close to you as it's a great chance to see most variants in one place and talk to owners. You would be more than welcome even on a scooter lol
The 2.2 sport is a great Zed but you need to get one in Zilver to get the highest speed out of it :wink: :)
Nah - Blue is best...
markbsac

blank

Post by markbsac »

not a silver fan..but have to come to thinking if everything is right about the car and its silver i may have to have a dabble....i can never seem to find one with everything i want on it..found a lovely one the other month till i got to the seats and they were cloth..another one had everything but was only the 1.9 8v now i can start looking at 2.8s...... :twisted:
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

Atlanta Blue,James Bond can't be wrong,can he? 1997,1.9,had super-duper cream leather seats that may have looked good years ago but were worn thro.Simply changed them,cost £120 including door cards,easy enough.Stainless exhaust,new,£110,ebay.Replaced alloy wheels with great tread for £100.Got spare set from Zedonist.Will eventually fit hoops.If you see the zed as a long term motor,and why not? you just modify and personalise as items become available and the Bank Manager allows.
markbsac

blank

Post by markbsac »

good idea ...so i will look at all options now :-)
Bi11

M roadster S54

Post by Bi11 »

I started off looking at 2.2's, then progressed to 3.0, ended up with an M! Be patient and you will know when you see the right one.
Jamezee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Jamezee »

Mint wrote:
Jamezee wrote:

Nah - Blue is best...
You say so but you have zilver wheels, i think the same as mine so you are a closet zilver zedder
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Harry Callahan.

BMW dust caps x 4 (replica)
Little Tree Air Freshener-Vanillaroma (now worn out and in the bin)
2006 AA road atlas (with the latest safety cameras)
markbsac

blank

Post by markbsac »

RH just quoted me £148 as a rough quote need to ring them :roll:
Topperz

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Topperz »

Hi and welcome to the forum
Try Adrian flux for insurance
I paid £162.00 including protected no claims,and limited mileage of 2,000 pa,

Never regretted buying my mid life crisis in nov and the wife loves it to,so total result

Don't listen to all the hype about silver z3.... It's a well know FACT that all cosmos black editions with individual msport trim in black and yellow are the fastest out there,.....also glued to the road with marmite lol

Have a look round at some of the limited edition or individual z3 if you are in no rush,seen one or two bargains on eBay recently,watched a very tidy violet blue with cream leather go for £1600 last week,was very tempted to go for it and have a 3 some on the drive

Only bad thing about owning a z3 is bed time .....enjoy
The only bad thing about owning a Z3 is bedtime .......boing!! time for bed said zebedee

Z3 cosmos black individual 2.0

X1 /MSport XDrive 2.0d mineral white
markbsac

blank

Post by markbsac »

thanks toppers..my search continues the prob is i end up not buying anything as i take most of my advice from here everytime i find one i think will be ok there seems to be good and valid reasons for me not to buy and i wont take the plunge if i think i will end up with a box of trouble....so its keep on searching :-)
Topperz

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Topperz »

Hi
I had mine out of auto trader,private sale,
Guy who was 2nd owner had her for 11 years ,strangely it was his 40 th treat and his now 50 th treat was a z4

I only went to look,went a run out, had a good look round and made an offer,ended up driving her back to Ashby from London,

Full history 62k, every mot and tax disc from new,every bill/receipt from new and her own personal plate

I've had to spend a little out on a new brake calliper , thermostat was shot ,and the wheels need a refurb as they are all original as is every panel on the car,so still plenty to do

My idea of buying her was to keep it on the road myself as much as possible ,and I'm no expert mechanic ,but it's easy to work on

They are older cars and I guess will always have a few niggles when you buy one,but that's half the fun keeping and getting them right and looking good

Sadly it's to late for the wind in my hair experience,BUT the grin factor,the handling and the sound of that 6 pot engine does it all for me even in the winter

Best £2,500 I've ever spent and for me it's a keeper now,
The only bad thing about owning a Z3 is bedtime .......boing!! time for bed said zebedee

Z3 cosmos black individual 2.0

X1 /MSport XDrive 2.0d mineral white
markbsac

blank

Post by markbsac »

you sound as though you have a very good deal...being older its not the initial payout im worried about its the aftercare ..i have a 1966 lambretta that as you say gives me great pleasure to keep on the road along with 2 other vespas, the z3 is going to be the same something i want to keep and cherish plus my 50 midlife crisis hairdressers car..as i am so often reminded....i will get there in the end :-)