nervous newbie says hello

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
alanzzz

Z3 roadster 1.9

nervous newbie says hello

Post by alanzzz »

afternoon all,
newbie says hello and..help.

well i got this car a few weeks ago, quite cheap? 1800 quid, 110.000 miles and nearly 14 yrs old, dosent look to bad although a few marks etc but only to be expected, bmw service up till 80.000 miles then no paperwork at all :(

its got 18 inch alloys which i`m told are after market, its also got full leather interior, question is, is that standard as well? if you could have a look at the pics and tell me excactly what ive got i would be gratefull :lol: (dont be to harsh though)

i`m reading this forum inbetween shifts and learning stuff as i go, but thought i`d jump in the deep end and just join and post.

thanks in advance

alan

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: nervous newbie says hello

Post by Southernboy »

Welcome to the Zzzzzzzzz.......House... :D
Your car looks pretty clean.. The wheels are aftermarket, the interiors on most Zed's are leather. Your car has been fitted with the M seats by the looks of it as well as the steering wheel...so a few mods have been done.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

Hi welcome to the forum nice looking car, the wheels are BMW mv2 shape and did not come with the car.
Is the car 2.8l ?
Not sure about the seats some one with more knowledge will know

Great colour though :D
alanzzz

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by alanzzz »

well thanks for the quick replies,

steering wheel and gear knob both got the m on them, so someone has been busy with that and the seats, its only a 1.9 or as i read in a review " the runt of the litter" :? oh well the insurance is cheap , actually it costs more to tax than insure !

oh and its also got a chavvy pipe on it, which made my wife laugh as she said it goes with the number plate :D

film..snatch...quote...i ******* hate pikeys :P
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

The seats aren't ///M they are sports seats. The ///M seats have rows of stitching at the lower back. A nice looking example. Welcome.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Apart from the wheels and seats, this could be my car! :lol:

Those wheels were not even an option when new - the car would most likely have had pepperpots (standard) or 16" Z-stars (option). IIRC there were a couple of other choices, but I chose Z-stars for mine.

The seats would have been an option. Standard was cloth trim, with a choice of colours. Leather seats was about a 1k option. Seat heating, if you have it, would have been another option.

The rest looks pretty much standard, so it would (and should) have foglights, chromeline interior (handbrake knob, finger indentation on the ashtray, headlight pull and gauge surrounds all in chrome). The ///M logoed steering wheel and gearknob were also standard at the time your car was produces.

I can't just tell in the last pic whether you have a baked bean can exhaust, or if that is something on the edge of the drive. :lol:

Edit: Just seen your follow up post - it's a baked bean can. :roflmao:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

Hopefully it will give you lots of smiles per miles :D :D :D
alanzzz

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by alanzzz »

Seat heating, if you have it, would have been another option
yep, got heated seats...
so it would (and should) have foglights, chromeline interior (handbrake knob, finger indentation on the ashtray, headlight pull and gauge surrounds all in chrome)
yep. got all that....
Just seen your follow up post - it's a baked bean can
yep. its a GIANT baked bean tin :roll:
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Welcome to the Forum, looks like a good value car you got there 8-)
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Hi and welcome. Nice car and nice price. The 1.9s go alright when all the vacuum pipework (M44 engine) is in good condition and the engine serviced. As you say the fuel economy is surprisingly good. I'm happy with mine. :cheers