new z3 owner

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
mikep71

blank

new z3 owner

Post by mikep71 »

Just got a 2.8 z3 in blue fantastic! :D
Joycey

M roadster S52

Re: new z3 owner

Post by Joycey »

Good choice I own the 2.8 too :)

Welcome

Lee
Mint

blank

Post by Mint »

Welcome from me also :) .

The rule of the forum is we need to see photos - post some up when you've got some.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

2.8 in Blue? right on brother, magic, but Which Blue? Mileage? Wheels? Interior? Year? We need to know this stuff! :)

A big welcome from Zelda and Bonzo
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
Cloz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Cloz »

Bonzo wrote:2.8 in Blue? right on brother, magic
+1
Welcome from the other side of the pond.
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

Welcome, post some pics, I also have a 2.8, nice cars. :grin:

Sent from my HTC Desire
ImageImage
mikep71

blank

Post by mikep71 »

cheers all will get some pics on soon as
Bazza1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bazza1 »

Welcome I to have a 2.8 black with Tan trim had it now for 4 months just wish I got one years ago bloody great with top down
in sunny Verwood Dorset

Bazza :lol:
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Hi & welcome.

Arctic Silver 2.8 here, only had it 13 years now :-O

Pics please noobs.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Stu, do you find it difficult to unlock the centre caps of your Alpina Softlines?
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Bonzo wrote:Stu, do you find it difficult to unlock the centre caps of your Alpina Softlines?
No, the locks seem OK if kept lubed with WD40 each time they're off & I cheat, using washing up liquid to re-fit the centres. The blank has a special little hook to remove it to give access to the lock. I guess if the blanks are missing or not water tight, the locks could sieze easier. Saying that, the car's only done 65,000 in it's 13 years service.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Welcome !! Nice to see the numbers growing...I'm sure you'll have as much fun on this forum as I have over the past couple of years... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

stu wrote:
Bonzo wrote:Stu, do you find it difficult to unlock the centre caps of your Alpina Softlines?
No, the locks seem OK if kept lubed with WD40 each time they're off & I cheat, using washing up liquid to re-fit the centres. The blank has a special little hook to remove it to give access to the lock. I guess if the blanks are missing or not water tight, the locks could sieze easier. Saying that, the car's only done 65,000 in it's 13 years service.
I just have one that is always difficult to lock, (all fine to remove), but found a special tool on e-bay which is perfect if you have a problem locking/unlocking these cap covers.

Cheers, Bonzo.
Jamezee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Jamezee »

Welcome to the site mikep71 :wave :wave
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Harry Callahan.

BMW dust caps x 4 (replica)
Little Tree Air Freshener-Vanillaroma (now worn out and in the bin)
2006 AA road atlas (with the latest safety cameras)