Newbie in east London

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Strikem

M roadster S50

Newbie in east London

Post by Strikem »

Hi all

My names Matt and I've just purchased myself a 2000 Z3M roadster, with 68k miles, in light blue (can't remember colour code), with all black interior, cruise control, sub woofer where the rear cubby storage is (don't know if that's and extra?), AC Schnitzter wheels 19s (not sure if genuine yet) and wow what a drive.

There a few things I'd love your advise on if you have the time. I'm quite handy when it comes to cars, and prefer to do everything on them myself (within reason), as it also saves costs. So if you have any neat tricks and time savers I'd love to hear them.

1) where and how is the best place to get a spare key cut and programmed? Ebay, then key cutters, but then where do I get it programmed? Rough costi should be looking at ??

2) best place to buy a strut brace? Seen a good looking aluminium one on ebay around £70!? Any good? Anyone got one to sell?

3) is it worth getting a wind deflector that goes over the hoops for when the roof is down!? Again any for sale? What's a good price?

4) The ac schnitzer front bumper flippers look awesome? Are they hard to get hold of?? Where and how much? Any replicas around??

5) The car has an M sport chrome gear knob, but what's the best alternative?? It has a few ac schnitzer stuff on it already so maybe one of them!? But which ones proved most popular. I prefer the shorter variety. Again best place to purchase one? Or has one for sale?

6) it needs a new gaitor, has anyone tried the cheap ones off ebay etc? Any good?

7) I want to put black grills on the front. Any ideas? I may just plasti-dip spray them!? Or buy a cheap second pair and do them. Unless anyone has found a better solution??

8) best place in the north east of London / Essex / hertfordshire to get engine and transmission checked??

9) how can I tell if the wheels are genuine ac schnitzer??

10) The rear m badge and m badges on wings have faded. Where's the best place to get replacement ones? What kind of cost?

Any advice would be great guys. Look forward to meeting you all at some point. :D
I often found with my other cars that people had bits for sale through the forums and where much better prices than ebay etc. so if you have any of the above or bits I may like please drop me a PM etc.

Few photos attached below

Matt

Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Newbie in east London

Post by Gazza »

The colour is Estoril, the best colour by far for an ///M :D

Nice looking car 8-)

I'll keep my eye out for you ;)

Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
stupot50

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by stupot50 »

Welcome, lovely looking car :)

Few bits and pieces on this thread in Stock Exchange

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=37620
1999 2.8 Arctic Silver Z3
1987 Black Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
2007 325d Msport - remapped
Boysie

M roadster S50

Post by Boysie »

Hi and Welcome to the forum
Nice car and its an ///M
Dont worry about the colour, its the car that counts
You will get loads of response on here to all your questions
Enjoy

Silver is better :lol:
Ray

S50 ///M Roadster, Arctic Silver, Imola Red/Black interior
1970 Austin Healey Sprite, Original ' Now Sold :-(
2002 Harley 1130cc V Rod Custom

Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

Strikem wrote:Hi all

3) is it worth getting a wind deflector that goes over the hoops for when the roof is down!? Again any for sale? What's a good price?

8) best place in the north east of London / Essex / hertfordshire to get engine and transmission checked??

Chrisp1 is selling a wind deflector that'll do the job for you. Definitely worth getting one if you want to drive fast with the roof down. Also, Gazza and I both use SBS eclipse on rippleside A13. trustworthy and knows his stuff. Good to see another East end zed!
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....
Strikem

M roadster S50

Post by Strikem »

Cheers guys. Good start so far. :-)
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

A wind deflector is a "must" for top down driving especially something capable of 150 MPH :D. BMW Mesh ones for factory roll hoops typically cost (second hand) up to £100.
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hiya, its a welcome from me too :wave you;ll love the zed - Are you joining us all at Silverstone end of July ?
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Welcome from the bottom of Africa...well a good way down towards the bottom. :wink: I, love the wheels..those type III Schnitzers look really good on a Z.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Nice looking car stikem, i love the wheels :thumb:.maybe some wheel spacers on the rear?
Strikem wrote:

10) The rear m badge and m badges on wings have faded. Where's the best place to get replacement ones? What kind of cost?
Badge Refurb Kit
Last edited by Brian H on Sat 13 Apr, 2013 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Hi Strikem welcome to the forum, lovely looking Zed.

As you're in East London you could hop over the Dartford Bridge into Kent and join us next Sunday 21 April for a Zed cruise. Details here. http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... =1&t=36974
Strikem

M roadster S50

Post by Strikem »

Ooooo already invited to two meets. Defo do the silver stone one (I'm there in may for a single seater track day). The darford meet also sounds great!!! However I'm running (or trying anyway) the London marathon that day. (lost my mum last year exactly a year to that date.). Many thanks for the offer though.

Thanks for the M badge refurb. Awesome.

If anyone fancies sponsoring me!! :wink:

Www.justgiving.com/matt-strike