a/c cabin filter

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

a/c cabin filter

Post by t-tony »

Its the time of year to use your air con . Re-gassed mine at work, tried to order a new cabin filter but I was told they're not listed.Can this be true? Well if my car has one it's well hidden.Can anyone tell me if a 2000 model Z3 2.0 Auto would have a cabin filter please? I'm not getting any of the sour smells which sometimes come from the bugs that live in damp grotty pollen filters but was going to spray some Wynns a/c treatment through the system to keep them at bay.
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: a/c cabin filter

Post by Southernboy »

I don't have the "smelly damp putrefaction" of insects here in SA, but if a filter exists, it will surely be on the intake side where "fresh" air is drawn in. There may be another "cabin filter" at the fan / heater matrix under the dash and behind the center console...perhaps check on the "realOEM" website where you can view all the parts of the system. I can categorically say that there are no filters within the dash at the air exit points :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Southernboy wrote:I don't have the "smelly damp putrefaction" of insects here in SA
Just man-eating spiders :D
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Only the same "man eating spiders" you have over there...I call my "spider" Lea.... :twisted:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions