Soon to be new 3.0 owner. Hi.

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Adam.P

blank

Soon to be new 3.0 owner. Hi.

Post by Adam.P »

Hi there!

I'm Adam from Northamptonshire/Oxfordshire borders, looking to get my hands on a 3.0 Z3 but have a few questions on them.

I've looked through the buyers guides and other bits and bobs and found out most of what I need to know when going to look, there's a few on my radar and should have one in the next few weeks.

My main question, is in regards to the LSD. Do all 3.0's come with one, regardless of year, so whether it's an x reg or a 51 plate? My other question is tyres, will put a new full set of rubber on if they're not great as soon as I buy, what are the recommended tyres?

Cheers

Adam.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Soon to be new 3.0 owner. Hi.

Post by Gazza »

Hi Adam, welcome to the Forum

AFAIK LSD is standard on the 3.0, I'm sure someone will confirm 100%

Tyres that get the most votes are Falken 452's and Goodyear Eagle Assymetric
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Pep

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Soon to be new 3.0 owner. Hi.

Post by Pep »

Welcome Adam!

My 2001 Y reg 3.0 has LSD

I've put Conti Contact Sport 5s on mine and I'm really pleased with them but I would have probably gone for the Falken 452s if I could find any in a pinch, think they might have been replaced but I'm not sure.