Z3 2.8 New owner

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
z3matt

Z3 roadster 2.8

Z3 2.8 New owner

Post by z3matt »

Hey all,
My names Matt. Just bought my first Z3. A 1999 V 2.8 roadster. Not the first Beemer I've owned, previously had a 2000 X 318Ti compact. Quite pleased with it so far, It's the first 6 cylinder BMW I've owned, I'm quite upset I didn't buy one a long time ago. What a sound :twisted: Anyway heres some pics :

[imgImage][/img]

Its a bit of a project, needs a few things to make it 100% but I'm going to get stuck into those over the next couple of months. The list I've got so far is:

New front discs and pads
Brake fluid change
Braided brake hoses
Braided clutch hose
Alloys refurbed ( desperately! )
Full service
New OBC as the current one is dead
Coolant flush/thermostat change
Aux belt change

Already sorted out the radio aerial grommet and the tilt sensor that was under 3 inches of water, haha! Thanks in advance for any help :)
jenmark

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Z3 2.8 New owner

Post by jenmark »

Hi Matt, Looks like you got your self a nice car there mate
I have a 2000 vreg myself done a fair few jobs to it but its
looking ok now, enjoy your car mate.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Welcome Matt...a great car you've purchased, and as you get on with it, you'll find it has the potential to benefit from many small tweaks...both mechanically and aesthetically...here's a tip, log onto realoem.com.....and at the top left enter the last 7 digits of your vin number and hit "ENTER"...you can then browse parts and get an idea of all the options available for your motor...as well as OEM part numbers etc etc... :sunny
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
z3matt

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by z3matt »

Thanks for the kind words guys :) It has quite a few options on it. Heated/Electric seats, LSD, Chrome pack, 17" wheels etc. Just needs a bit of a tidy up, should be a good car. Ill have a look on realoem.com, thanks for the tip :wink:
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Matt, if you go to www.bmwarchive.org Click on VIN, enter the last 7 vin numbers, click check and you wil get a full list of standard and order options for your car, plus build date and other info. Enjoy your 2.8, they are super little cars.

Cheers,

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.