rocking seats on Z3 1.9

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
metalmickey

Z3 roadster 1.9

rocking seats on Z3 1.9

Post by metalmickey »

Can anyone help? Everything was in place today to take out the seats and replace the bushes. Memorised the how to do step by step postings but big problem. The 16mm rear bolts will not budge and there is not enough space to apply sufficient leverage. As anyone else experienced this problem and if so was it possible to free these bolts off?
I would really appreciate some pointers.
MM.
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: rocking seats on Z3 1.9

Post by Bowler »

I had a similar problem but managed to get Torque wrench in just enough to loosen a notch before using standard ratchet.
Used copper slip when i put them back to help next time round
In love with driving again (its the Z effect)
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

I've had my seats out on a number of occasions (bushes & leather repairs) and those rear bolts can be a bit of a bugger. I found that connecting the two socket set extension bars with the universal joint at the bottom gave a shallow angle with which to pull on. It worked for me anyway.
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
metalmickey

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by metalmickey »

Thanks Koolflyer
I think I am going to extend my cache of tools. I don't believe I have enough scope in my box of spanners to attempt these DIY fixes but a couple of pieces of steel are not going to beat me!
Thanks for the info.
Best
MM
metalmickey

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by metalmickey »

Hi Bowler
Looks like brute force and a helping of good fortune and some WD40 may do the trick.
Thanks for your comments. I will keep trying.
Regards
MM