newbie from N.Ireland

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
blueface

Z3 roadster 1.9

newbie from N.Ireland

Post by blueface »

Hi to all,

Just joined up as I'm currently seeking my first Z3 and on the look out for a lowish mileage 6 cylinder.

Willing to travel anywhere in the UK for the right car. Budget up to 3k but would be willing to do some bodywork if I have to!
Sailorbaz

M roadster S50

Re: newbie from N.Ireland

Post by Sailorbaz »

Welcome to the Forum lad, hope you find your car soon.

Whereabouts in NI are you? I'm Tyrone. There's a couple of us about, hope to see you around soon in a Z3.
r100elp

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by r100elp »

Welcome from sunny newtownards hope you get what your looking for there are slim pickings locally as I found out myself when I went looking last year and I only wanted a pre facelift 1.9
Be prepared to travel for the right car I went to Kent for mine and drove 500 miles home in it. Don't expect to make money on any purchase either until someone somewhere realises that these are great cars and so much fun to drive. I have a 16 year old one but you'd never know and with the added bonus of only 56000 on the clock :D
NOW the proud owner of a 98 1.9 M44 Z3 in silver.

Daz 999

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Daz 999 »

Another local owner here, welcome to the forum. Plenty of advice and eyes on classifieds to help your search
ImageImageImage

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
blueface

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by blueface »

Thanks for the welcome guys. Certainly does seem to be very few options round here so currently chasing a car in the south of England.

I'm from just outside Moneymore near Cookstown. Certainly won't be expecting to make any money on thr car, just keen to get something I can use for a wee project. :) looking forward to meeting up with you guys sometime if I do get sorted with some wheels!
Sailorbaz

M roadster S50

Post by Sailorbaz »

blueface wrote:I'm from just outside Moneymore near Cookstown.
Jesus, really? I'm Cookstown mate. Small place indeed. You won't have seen my Z3 around (unless on the back of Glenn Allens recovery truck) since it's in a sad state of repair (see another thread)

I've an M3 CSL you may have seen about though, or more likely my wife about in since she's taken a real shine to it lately after telling me for 7 years she can't drive the SMG she's suddenly decided she can get on the best with it!

Good luck in the hunt mate, see you about.
Barry
blueface

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by blueface »

Small world for sure. Just had a nosey at your posts Barry. Rather you than me trying to sort out the electrics!! All the best with that and I'm sure we'll cross paths sometime soon.
blueface

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by blueface »

Now sorted with a 1998 2.8 which goes rather well! :D
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Do we get pictures blue? :)

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
blueface

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by blueface »

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=40725

There you go! :)

Described perfectly by the seller and my brother went over on Saturday to collect it and drive it the 500 miles home. Car behaved impecably for the whole distance.
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Nice to see a car staying on the forum. Looks lovely, enjoy! :)

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"