New owner

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
mj007

M roadster S52

New owner

Post by mj007 »

Hi All,

Well what can I say finally got a z3m roadster its a car I have wanted for many years you either love them or not and let just say that I have a huge smile on my face every time I drive it.

Now for all the bad stuff
it's 1998 S50 Artic silver and I believe has been spotted by members on here (F4RTO) I bought the car from a dealer in Bedford however had lots of issue's with the car and dealer end up pursuing through the courts, however the dealer dissolved the business and I was left reeling from the whole experience.
it going be a long term project to get the car back to a good standard, and I will be asking lots of stupid question and asking for help so I apologise in advance.
So some of the issues;
Electrics intermittent,
Vanos leaking.
Shocks and springs need replacing
Hood needs replacing,
dent on rear wheel arch courtesy of someone bumping into my car whilst in a car park (no cctv)
door locks
and most recently broke down on A12 and error code points to DME issue

Any way apart from all the above and a few other things I just wanted to say hello and if you're passing by Brentwood come and say hi.
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: New owner

Post by lebigmec »

Hello & welcome to the Forum. I'm sure you will be able to find the answers to any questions you may have on here, as there are many members who really know their stuff with these cars. Enjoy!
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Hi and welcome

All those faults sound "do-able" and some typical for the vintage - if somebody plonked a Z3M on my own drive with those faults I'd still be happy :)
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Welcome to the Forum :D

I'm in Romford

Hope you get the car sorted soon, you don't want to miss driving it :devil: :drive
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Hi, Welcome to the forum - happy to help with any questions you have
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
PaulI

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by PaulI »

Welcome!

All those faults sound like normal running an old car issues! Does seem like a never ending restoration, but with the plus that most Z3s don't depreciate so all should work out.