Escape from Interlaken

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Freezed

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Escape from Interlaken

Post by Freezed »

Got back yesterday from our Europe tour via the Swiss Meet and reading Jay's post we were lucky to get out of Interlaken on the Monday!
As we had booked a hotel in Chamonix we needed to travel South and decided to go via Gstaad only to be stopped by police and sent back as the road was closed. We then had no alternative but to head towards Berne where we already knew there was severe flooding, and therefore traffic problems. We hoped sticking to the motorway would be our best bet.
Again we were slowed by police as we drove through flood water which had covered the full width of the motorway and where some unfortunate driver had already lost control, and their car was too damaged to drive any further.
We were to encounter two further flooded motorway areas before we finally cleared Bern where we turned South towards Chamonix via Montreux. During the whole journey it continued to persist down and our thoughts were turned to our fellow Zed drivers whom we had left behind. Hopefully everyone returned home safely after their various adventures!
Felt so sorry for the organisers and everyone who had made an effort to be at the Swiss Meet.................perhaps next year will be a little drier!!!
OliZ

M roadster S50

Re: Escape from Interlaken

Post by OliZ »

Freezed wrote:Got back yesterday from our Europe tour via the Swiss Meet and reading Jay's post we were lucky to get out of Interlaken on the Monday!
[...]

Wow, quite a story :shock:
Glad to hear of all who reached home savely.
Currently, I'm a bit worried about not seeing any posts from David or Gary... :(
Freezed wrote:Felt so sorry for the organisers and everyone who had made an effort to be at the Swiss Meet.................perhaps next year will be a little drier!!!
I guess it would be hard to have another "flood of the century" organized. :oops: :?
Last edited by OliZ on Tue 30 Aug, 2005 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
OliZ - webmaster of http://www.bmwz3club.ch

1998 ///M roadster, Imola Red - Imola/Black
2002 330i Touring, Black - Anthracite
Nick

Porsche

Post by Nick »

OliZ wrote: I guess it would be hard to have another "flood of the century" organized. :oops: :?
We are relying on you to set up new challenges :D

David and PN are home now.

Nick
OliZ

M roadster S50

Post by OliZ »

Nick wrote:We are relying on you to set up new challenges :D
Well... I can think of something 8-)

(ahem... hint... has to do with my empty passenger seat... :oops:)

Nick

Porsche

Post by Nick »

OliZ wrote: (ahem... hint... has to do with my empty passenger seat... :oops:)
I could be wrong here, do you want all the unattached women on this board to come and visit you? :D
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Just arrived home after out extra days in Italy. Still problems on some Swiss roads -- we used the Mont Blanc Tunnel -- Lake Como to Milan then Aosta Valley etc -- a massive detour but we made it.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Welcome back Phil...

garyw
Gimlet

BMW other

Post by Gimlet »

Glad to see you back.
I'm sure we were not the only ones watching developments with concern.
BMWCC Central Region Secretary

Space Grey E92 335d SE Coupe
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Just noticed, you went to Milan :shock: is that so you didn't have to take that damn narrow road again (the road of a 100 corners)..

garyw
OliZ

M roadster S50

Post by OliZ »

Nick wrote:I could be wrong here, do you want all the unattached women on this board to come and visit you? :D
Let's put it this way: I wouldn't mind :mrgreen:

OliZ

M roadster S50

Post by OliZ »

garyw wrote:Just noticed, you went to Milan :shock: is that so you didn't have to take that damn narrow road again (the road of a 100 corners)
"road of a 100 corners" sounds interesting... why wouldn't you take it a second time... (see my avatar)

garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

"Happiness is the corner" but not when its in Italy and is not wide enough for two cars to pass.. Armco one side with a drop and rock face the other..
The Italians seemed to treat it as a one way road and heavily cut the corners (even made Gregs corner cutting look whimp :wink: ) leaving possibly two foot for me to get through... and it was a tad scary :shake: certainly wouldn't do it again in a sports car...however an uninsured fiat Panda could be the ideal weapon of choice for a return :twisted:

garyw
Nick

Porsche

Post by Nick »

OliZ wrote:
Nick wrote:I could be wrong here, do you want all the unattached women on this board to come and visit you? :D
Let's put it this way: I wouldn't mind :mrgreen:
OK girls it's up to you!

:wink:
OliZ

M roadster S50

Post by OliZ »

garyw wrote:The Italians seemed to treat it as a one way road and heavily cut the corners (even made Gregs corner cutting look whimp :wink: ) leaving possibly two foot for me to get through...
maybe it really is a one way road and you were just going the wrong direction... scaring the hell out of all the Panda drivers having them thinking that driving a Porsche must promote suicidal tendencies :twisted:

Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

No way did we do that road.
South to Como -onto the motorway Milan/Turin etc. Long way but safe.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

OliZ wrote:[

maybe it really is a one way road and you were just going the wrong direction... scaring the hell out of all the Panda drivers having them thinking that driving a Porsche must promote suicidal tendencies :twisted:
Believe me when I say, I more than once thought this to myself whilst making my way along it, Jo didn't take any photo's as she was hanging onto the grab rail all the time :?

garyw
OliZ

M roadster S50

Post by OliZ »

garyw wrote:Believe me when I say, I more than once thought this to myself whilst making my way along it, Jo didn't take any photo's as she was hanging onto the grab rail all the time :?

Oy! If Jo hangs to the grab rail... :shock: