Up or down ?

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!

Up or down ?

Up
44%
Down
56%

Total votes: 18

berry

Z3 roadster 2.0

Up or down ?

Post by berry »

ok quick question - when the roof is down do you drive with the windows up or down ?
We have had some nice sunny days recently & i have noticed a lot of ( non zed ) convertables driving round with the roof down but the windows up !

I always have the windows down, as it just seems the right thing to do. just wondered what your opinions are !

Liz
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

You need a third option because for me it depends on the conditions!

I always have the windows up when I go over 50-60, as it cuts down on wind buffeting...

Otherwise, like the roof they should be down as often as possible :D
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

Gazhyde wrote:You need a third option because for me it depends on the conditions!

I always have the windows up when I go over 50-60, as it cuts down on wind buffeting...

Otherwise, like the roof they should be down as often as possible :D
i agree totally, i do prefer the windows down but can be buffeted about and noisy especially on motorways.

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
Ferdinand

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Ferdinand »

I allways have the windows up - hate getting sidewinds through the car - and everything gets so noisy....

If I had wanted an "open car" i would have bought a Willy's Jeep with the windscreen lying down on the bonnet.
Ferdinand

BMW 3.0iA Sport Edition 08/2002 - iPod kit, CTEK MXS 7000 batterycharger & Protek Protector Roof Cover ;o)
Range Rover 4.6 V8 HSE 03/2000, Webasto preheater and CTEK MXS 7000 batterycharger
Citroën Xsara 2.0 110 Hdi Prestige hatchback with VTS alloys, Musketier rear spoiler and Webasto preheater
Volvo 144 1.8 B18 09/1967

http://www.zroadster.org
http://www.zroadster.net
http://www.z3-roadster-forum.de
http://www.z3-forum.de
http://www.zroadster.com
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

Got stung by a wasp on temple last year, so for me windows up means less creepy crawlies smacking you in the face. It Bloody Hurt Like Hell...
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Depends on whether I want to listen to the stereo or not. Above 60 mph on motorways and dual carriageways the tyre noise from other vehicles downs it out and gets rather tiring, so they go up then.

I usually drop just the drivers window to get some air through the car unless its really hot then they both go down. If I'm driving in an area I don't know having the passenger window up also prevents varmits leaning into the car from the pavement.

On the frog it is a different matter - they are either on or off - they don't wind up. So you decide what you want before you set off. :lol:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Have one up and one down :)

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Depends if SWMBO is on the passenger seat :roll:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Jonttt wrote:Depends if SWMBO is on the passenger seat :roll:
On the passenger seat? Why can't she sit in it like everyone else? Does she stick her head out of the window with her tongue hanging out as well? :twisted: :lol:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
berry

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by berry »

I must admit I havent done a lot of motorway miles in the zed but when I have or if I dont want to mess my hair up :D i've gone for the roof up windows down combo, round town or round the twistys if the suns out the roof and windows are down :drive
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

berry wrote: if I dont want to mess my hair up :D i've gone for the roof up windows down combo
I sincerely hope you meant to say roof DOWN and windows UP :head:
Image :devil:
KingCarl

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by KingCarl »

gazhyde has the right answer (as much as there can ever be a 'right or a wrong' on this!

Hey Jonesy - try a motorbike then you'll know all about bugs, etc!!